Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonny thompson

Extreme brush after 3 jobs
« on: January 15, 2020, 08:28:15 am »

Why does this happen with the extreme, only used it for 40 minutes

Slacky

Re: Extreme brush after 3 jobs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 08:40:20 am »
Extreme's are like flapping a wet piece of toilet paper round a window.

What would that look like if you were to try it?

zesty

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 08:50:08 am »
Hot water?

I can’t see why that would happen, I use xtreme brushes and that’s never happened to mine, mine last months...

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 09:05:48 am »
That’s why unless the job is above 30 odd feet I don’t bother with them,if I saw someone using something like that on my windows I’d have something to say to them or I’d get rid lol if you use hot they last days only.
Much better off with a ultimate or similar.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:52:09 am »
Get a stiff one, far superior brush.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 10:08:00 am »
I’ve always got a stiff one my Mrs is fed up with it lol.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 10:46:05 am »
Hi Jonny

What temperature water are you using?

It looks like each bristle bunch on the top row only, directly in the line of each of the jets from the rinse-bar, has curled up - hence my query about water temperature  :)

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 11:32:40 am »
That looks like a Extreme soft with a silly rinse/faffer bar attached, get rid of both and go for a medium mixed with pencil or fan jets, if using hot you're better using a stiff as the hot will soften it slightly, no need for anything else, that said an Extreme brush will never outlast a brick but they do make your day so much easier so well worth the extra expense.

zesty

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 12:19:35 pm »
That looks like a Extreme soft with a silly rinse/faffer bar attached, get rid of both and go for a medium mixed with pencil or fan jets, if using hot you're better using a stiff as the hot will soften it slightly, no need for anything else, that said an Extreme brush will never outlast a brick but they do make your day so much easier so well worth the extra expense.

It looks like a tapertec, they are brilliant, I think he’s using hot water which is causing the problem, as mine last ages with cold water

jonny thompson

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 04:11:22 pm »
Alex I am using hot but not up to the 30 c it mentions, maybe I need to try the ultimate 35 cm,
Dry clean, I wouldn’t be without my rinse bar, been using them for over a year, the only problem with them is they split along the top, maybe due to water pressure

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 04:25:38 pm »
Alex I am using hot but not up to the 30 c it mentions, maybe I need to try the ultimate 35 cm,
Dry clean, I wouldn’t be without my rinse bar, been using them for over a year, the only problem with them is they split along the top, maybe due to water pressure

Whilst this has made the bristles in front of the water jets curl slightly it should still work effectively - so is probably worth sticking with it to see how it lasts long term.

If you like the light weight of the Xtreme then you could try the Xtreme stiff as it would be more heat resistant.

If you want a more robust brush but without going to the stiffer bristle then the Ultimate 35cm is a very popular option.

davids3511

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:16 pm »
That’s why unless the job is above 30 odd feet I don’t bother with them,if I saw someone using something like that on my windows I’d have something to say to them or I’d get rid lol if you use hot they last days only.
Much better off with a ultimate or similar.
So whether the windows are clean or not is immaterial? You sound like a number of EX customers of mine.

RPCCS

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 05:53:18 pm »
Hot water?

I can’t see why that would happen, I use xtreme brushes and that’s never happened to mine, mine last months...
Same here, I’m on my 3rd extreme brush now, and never had a problem
Cheers Rich

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 06:04:45 pm »
I think a lot of it has to do with the way you use the brush , some people use way too much pressure , the brush should be doing the work not you !
Daz has recently changed his approach by no longer trying to push the building over to more of a tickle technique.
How has that worked by the way Daz ?
Still murdering them Xtreme sill brushes  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

the king

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:53 pm »
thats normal for a extreme medium or soft try a stiff or flocked

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 08:14:07 pm »
Don’t get them wet.