Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

New reel ordered
« on: January 10, 2020, 11:06:46 pm »
Just ordered a new Clabber reel from Cleaning Spot. The heavy duty industrial reel that has the plastic boss in the middle disintegrated today. They are s#€*te. The two halves constantly separate  jamming the reel up, this happened today it fell out the van and I had to dismantle the whole lot to unjam  the hose I know have a heap of 100m of minibore stuck in the van with nothing to hold it until Tuesday at the earliest. Was considering  winding it on to the 50 m garden reel as a temporary measure till the  proper one arrives.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

Re: New reel ordered
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 12:12:04 am »
You should of bought yourself a PF reelmaster electric reel.......their ace.......
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 07:45:14 am »
Electric reel all the way ;D

ROBERT GEDDES

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 08:31:18 am »
Pure freedom electronic hose reel all the way ordered one from someone else after three months stopped the order still waiting fora refund,just got the internet ordering reel got a phone call from the it was on my door step ,the next week as promised,wouldn’t go back to hand winding hose in

Owenhargreavesmidf

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:16:49 am »
I use the same hose reel, highly recommend.

EandM

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 09:43:06 am »
I've used the Clabber reel for years without any problems.
I managed to bend one when it fell out of my truck but I've never had anything break on them.
Quality control issues ?

RPCCS

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 01:33:49 pm »
I would love an electric reel but cannot justify nearly 500 quid by the time vat is added on. I doubt the taxman would looj on it as a reasonable expense either.
Cheers Rich

High-Tower

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 01:51:45 pm »
I doubt the taxman would looj on it as a reasonable expense either.

WTF?
It’s equipment for your job, it’s be like saying a carpenter can’t have a £400 nail gun when a hammer will do the job 😂. Or hang on we’ll not use any water fed equipment, squeegee’s will do!

deeege

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 03:37:16 pm »
I would love an electric reel but cannot justify nearly 500 quid by the time vat is added on. I doubt the taxman would looj on it as a reasonable expense either.

It doesn’t matter whether it costs £5, £500 or £5000, if it’s for your work it is tax deductible regardless.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 10:29:21 pm »
Fair enough, but I just thought they would think I was taking the P., still can’t justify  that expense though, I may have a  go at a diy electric reel though. I want to be out of this trade now, I have had enough, come the end of the month,I’m having a blitz on promoting my carpet cleaning business. I want o be at least 80% carpet cleaning and only 20% windows by the time I’m 55. Thirty years is enough for me now.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 11:32:33 am »
Fair enough, but I just thought they would think I was taking the P., still can’t justify  that expense though, I may have a  go at a diy electric reel though. I want to be out of this trade now, I have had enough, come the end of the month,I’m having a blitz on promoting my carpet cleaning business. I want o be at least 80% carpet cleaning and only 20% windows by the time I’m 55. Thirty years is enough for me now.

wow...you d rather carpet clean(and have to constantly advertise for new work) than do easy,regular,no hassle window cleaning......each to their own but i think your mad! ;D

RPCCS

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 12:29:42 pm »
Maybe I am time will tell.. Of course I could pack in both and go work full time as a coach driver, but that would drive me mad, too much sitting around waiting for folk. The part time driving is enough for me
Cheers Rich

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 01:03:56 pm »
I was wondering if it’s ok to put my vehicle, it’s insurance, fuel, servicing, MOT etc through my books to offset against tax.

Or would the tax man think I was taking the piss as I’ve stopped using the ‘orse and cart for transport.

swanson

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 03:59:34 pm »
I used to do carpet cleaning.
I much prefer windows a lot less hassle.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 07:42:35 pm »
30 years as a windy and you cant afford a electric reel, :o :o :o :o :o ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 08:27:58 pm »
I went through a carpet cleaning phase and whilst you can pick up some nice jobs I'd much rather clean windows in the rain than sweat my breasts off in someone house. It's hard work, harder than cleaning windows imo.

RPCCS

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 06:29:28 pm »
Each to their own, but I can’t do this for the rest of my working life, I have another 15 and a half years before I get state pension.If it still exists by then.
I have had enough now, no changing my mind. I would be happy with a bit of everything each week, a day or two on the glass, couple of days on the carpets, and a day driving/jet washing . Got the new reel assembled and fitted in the van, along withthe hose roller.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 08:16:28 am »
Got the new reel and hose guide set up in the van, looks a sturdy piece of kit, so will see how it performs tomorrow when I’m back on the windows.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 09:47:51 pm »
Each to their own, but I can’t do this for the rest of my working life, I have another 15 and a half years before I get state pension.If it still exists by then.
I have had enough now, no changing my mind. I would be happy with a bit of everything each week, a day or two on the glass, couple of days on the carpets, and a day driving/jet washing . Got the new reel assembled and fitted in the van, along withthe hose roller.

poor soul...it must be horrible doing a job you hate.......good luck with your job plan.....👍