Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Oh Dear.
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 02:51:21 pm »
Not uncommon for me to be 6 weeks late on jobs good payers as well

deeege

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 02:58:35 pm »
Not uncommon for me to be 6 weeks late on jobs good payers as well

6 weeks late 😳

So a 8 weekly job becomes 14 weekly, basically a first clean. You must be costing yourself thousands.

Why are you so late? Too big a round or don’t you work in the rain?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 03:36:09 pm »
This is why I say space your cleans out more every 4 weekly or month from November through till March you will be cleaning them in average weather at best,a lot of people are not going to want 6 or so cleans during this period some might many will not.
8 weeks or 2 months people will be more than happy with a few cleans over the winter but double that and you’ll get the it’s not really worth it in this weather etc,some will disagree but in my experience you’ll lose more if you are to regular and some customers would rather cancel than tell you this.

what a load of rubbish.....i have around 200 jobs on a 4 weekly cycle all year round and have done for years,no problems....and another 140+ jobs on longer frequencies(mainly 8 weekly,some 6 weekly and some 12 weekly)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2020, 05:02:21 pm »
I space mine longer Daz but I’m charging more per clean m8,I use hot water like you a few extra weeks make no difference at all.
I have a lot of work all priced well for the average plodding day and very well priced stuff I mix in if I want to make money up for weather etc,it’s like I’ve always said if you are round knocking there door down for payment every 4 weeks or a month or debiting money out of there account on a frequent basis it’s easy to say no thanks or push you back longer anyway,I call less often and charge more when I’m there they need a clean so they don’t mind paying more per clean.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 07:41:38 pm »
I space mine longer Daz but I’m charging more per clean m8,I use hot water like you a few extra weeks make no difference at all.
I have a lot of work all priced well for the average plodding day and very well priced stuff I mix in if I want to make money up for weather etc,it’s like I’ve always said if you are round knocking there door down for payment every 4 weeks or a month or debiting money out of there account on a frequent basis it’s easy to say no thanks or push you back longer anyway,I call less often and charge more when I’m there they need a clean so they don’t mind paying more per clean.

the thing is they DONT skip cleans nigel....unless its because of building work,etc.....ive even got some larger properties on 4 weekly frequencies and because they have lots of large trees in their gardens and surrounded by farmers fields they can be fairly dirty after 4 weeks esp if we ve had some windy weather in between.......

of course i do take on longer frequency cleans(mainly 8 weekly) and this is my normal default frequency for larger properties away from my estate jobs....

15 years ago it was standard for window cleaners to call around on a fortnightly basis!i used to when i first started!but i stopped that around 15 years ago too.....in some areas its still the norm up here!

price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2020, 09:53:06 pm »
All my work is rural 4 weekly doesn’t apply and I’m glad it doesn’t I can pick where I go 95% of the time,I want to go there I’m feeling energetic today I’ll go there then,do I want to go and clean 3 properties and earn 2 days money yeah ok I’ll do that tomorrow then.
Sod all this round software etc that’s for people that employ 3/4 people on there work,within reason I’ll go where I fancy on any given day.
You have to admit nearly all 4 weekly stuff is smaller properties people are not going to pay 100 quid + every 4 weeks unless there either suffering from dementia or are OCD about clean windows.