Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

Losing the will....
« on: January 14, 2020, 05:14:56 pm »
To clean the windows.

I think its the time of year, the weather is flipping depressing.

Last year I was so far into window cleaning it was wrong, a new brush to me was like Christmas. I was always on these forums constantly checking in to see what's happening. Things have changed for me though, my 7-year-old boy now has health issues and my wife has to stay home and do all the stuff she can from there.

She went down to 2 days per week then I said she had to be a full-time mum, what was a 5-6 hour day is now 7-8 hour day. I do have audible now that helps.

I honestly enjoyed cleaning the windows and now I dread it.

I feel like I have the startings off depression last night I had 6 hours sleep and the night before only 3, I lie there awake worrying about my boy and the fact I'm changing, I have been well into the gym all my life but
struggle to go now.

I used to meditate each day but now can't handle being alone with my thoughts sometimes I feel like screaming.

Anyone been through similar and how did you resolve it?

Thanks guys

Dean champion

Re: Losing the will....
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:55:53 pm »
Sorry to hear
iv suffered  heavy depression in the past due my son having cerebral  palsy from birth due to a mistake by the mid wife during labour which was proven in court.This played on my mind and I didn’t talk about it and it all caught and I crashed.I took a year of work(an employee I had took over the round)to start dealing with the issue.Talking to family and experts about my son started to solve the blame that kept me up at night and starting the gym kept me healthy and strong to fight through the low.My advice is talk...don’t be alone wit your thoughts and open up about what keeps you up at night no matter how small you think it is and stick to the gym as this really does keep strong (body and mind)  and Cut back from doing 8 hours a day as this will get anyone down this time of year ,sell a bit off or stretch the work out and the love for window cleaning will come back with the easier days you had before.

Hope this helps

Dean

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 06:55:03 pm »
To clean the windows.

Last year I was so far into window cleaning it was wrong, a new brush to me was like Christmas. I was always on these forums constantly checking in to see what's happening. Things have changed for me though, my 7-year-old boy now has health issues and my wife has to stay home and do all the stuff she can from there.

She went down to 2 days per week then I said she had to be a full-time mum, what was a 5-6 hour day is now 7-8 hour day. I do have audible now that helps.

I feel like I have the startings off depression last night I had 6 hours sleep and the night before only 3, I lie there awake worrying about my boy and the fact I'm changing, I have been well into the gym all my life but
struggle to go now.

I used to meditate each day but now can't handle being alone with my thoughts sometimes I feel like screaming.

Thanks guys

the problem is your doing too much work wise......you need to go back to your 5-6 hour work days mate,even i get a bit fed up of window cleaning on days like today(wet and windy!).its been really awful today but still managed 5 hours work......

try and keep a good diet and regular bed time,i few weeks off from the gym can do you the world of good if your normally smashing it week after week.....

when your tired and run down EVERYTHING seems to be magnified and seems worse than it is,talk to your missus and help out with your son where you can,talk to your friends and family about how your feeling.......

my dads been diagnosed with lung cancer over xmas(he has 3 tumours in his lungs)...im going to see him tonight...it not looking good for him..... :(
price higher/work harder!

Mick Kent

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 07:11:24 pm »
To clean the windows.

struggle to go now.

Thanks guys

the problem is your doing too much work wise......you need to go back to your 5-6 hour work days mate,even i get a bit fed up of window cleaning on days like today(wet and windy!).its been really awful today but still managed 5 hours work......

try and keep a good diet and regular bed time,i few weeks off from the gym can do you the world of good if your normally smashing it week after week.....

when your tired and run down EVERYTHING seems to be magnified and seems worse than it is,talk to your missus and help out with your son where you can,talk to your friends and family about how your feeling.......

my dads been diagnosed with lung cancer over xmas(he has 3 tumours in his lungs)...im going to see him tonight...it not looking good for him..... :(

Thinking of you mate. Tough times

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 07:21:40 pm »
To clean the windows.

struggle to go now.

Thanks guys
hey up dude

i know where you are coming from,
I suffer badly with depression and we have a serious disabled son who is 24hr care,so your not alone and its only naturally to feel like you do.

think of it this way,"whats the best you can do for your boy ?"

the best is show him the love and care he so desperate needs,time with the boy is more important than anything,so take a step back a bit from work,even a hour cause it all about the quality time that you can spend with him and to support your wife.,who needs you to help and be there. 
whats more important your work or your son!!!!!! the work will still be there when you go back ;) 

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 07:44:30 pm »
Really sorry to hear you feel this way Spotfree.
 Some really good advice from Franky there. He knows as he is going through it.
Family first, Windows can follow.
Take the pressure of by not overdoing the work. Just go out and take your time , don’t rush. Doesn’t matter if you don’t do your full day, it’ll be there for another. This time of year your customers won’t be all that bothered anyway.
I hope things improve for you and your peace of mind.

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 07:54:53 pm »
Try taking someone on even on a part time basis. Will help kill the boredom.

I was working with a lad for a while and when I went back to being on my own I was so bored.

It's hard on your own to stay motivated.

I work Monday to Thursday only now and at the weekend I make sure I have hobbies, I motivate myself by having something to look forward to I ride bikes, go fishing, have a motorbike, days out with kids etc. Book a holiday, plan some trips

Oh an stop working so much, Mon to Fri 9-5 would depress anyone. If you need to work that much to pay the bills then perhaps it's time you looked to expand.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 09:51:06 pm »
Hi Mate, sorry to hear things have been a struggle lately.

I know how you feel been through alot of struggles myself in different ways over last few years. 

If you ever need to chat just give us a call again sometime.

Take care.

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 10:29:32 pm »
Feel for you.
For me, work is an escape at times. My wife has finally been diagnosed after a couple of years, with fibralmalygia, raynauds, depression and anxiety.
My 18 yr old again after years of frustration with doctors & camhs etc has finally got her diagnosis, borderline personality disorder and   PMDD.
Which has resulted in lots of self harming and suicide attempts etc etc. She lives with her mum, but that doesnt make it any easier.
So for me, its a day at a time. I either get a full long day at work or im finishing early for school runs every day n home to look after everyone.   This is one reason why ive built and keep adding to building my work with high priced jobs. Quality over quantity so im not working every hour and if not working then stressing.
I would love to get back into gym life but I dont know when that will be, certainly not whilst my two youngest ones are 3 n 5.
Last couple of weeks i was on a downer and fancied being selfish n booking me a hotel for a short break away from everyone as i was tired, tired of it all and everyone. Also tired of being tired. Thank fully that moment has passed.

Haha, this forum is a good way to moan or start various threads to have other grown up conversations or escape some boredom etc.   If your work isnt priced as you ideally want it to be, invest some time to change that and perhaps get back those shorter working hours for same pay, if not more.  The thing is, work will be your stability perhaps in all of this chaos until your family situation becomes somewhat stable again. (Just meaning if everything is new ish with the diagnosis and everything needs adjusting with wife being home full time etc, time is needed for that to level out)
Talk, talk n talk. Dont bottle things up and feel the world is on your shoulders. Theres plenty on here who can relate.

Perhaps add some additional services ie soft washing or pressure washing. Even roof cleaning?  Breaks the boredom and in my experience you get handed the payment upon completion!  No waiting, no gocardless etc.   

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 10:55:55 pm »
I've found that trying to help others helps me. Be there for your wife and son but don't neglect yourself, obviously.
It also takes your mind off yourself and your thoughts- not completely, of course- and helping others makes you feel better about yourself.
Even look at doing a bit of work as a way of helping your family and yourself (and customers). Little things can be huge achievements.
If it's really that bad then you should get professional help.
And keep posting!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 11:26:18 pm »
if you normally find time to meditate on your own but cant seem to atm then i reckon if you could find a local  meditation group class (one evening a week say) would help A LOT with the mental health side of things...dont underestimate the power of being with other like minded people.....its very altruistic....

personally ive always found AA meetings to be very good for my mental health over the years,beats going back to the drink.......

Spotfree

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 07:55:15 am »
Sorry to hear
iv suffered  heavy depression in the past due my son having cerebral  palsy from birth due to a mistake by the mid wife during labour which was proven in court.This played on my mind and I didn’t talk about it and it all caught and I crashed.I took a year of work(an employee I had took over the round)to start dealing with the issue.Talking to family and experts about my son started to solve the blame that kept me up at night and starting the gym kept me healthy and strong to fight through the low.My advice is talk...don’t be alone wit your thoughts and open up about what keeps you up at night no matter how small you think it is and stick to the gym as this really does keep strong (body and mind)  and Cut back from doing 8 hours a day as this will get anyone down this time of year ,sell a bit off or stretch the work out and the love for window cleaning will come back with the easier days you had before.

Hope this helps

Dean
Thanks, Dean,

Sorry to hear about what happened with your son, it must be very hard to accept as a mistake by someone who you should be able to trust.

The gym has always been a staple in my life since I was a little kid doing bicep curls in my mates shed, it'll be just a phase I'm going through, I just need to get some consistent workouts back under my belt.

Thanks

Spotfree

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 07:58:47 am »
To clean the windows.

struggle to go now.

Thanks guys

Sorry to hear about your dad mate, my dad has cancer of the blood and its wrecked him.

I would love to go back down to less work but 2 kids and a mortgage means we need the dough, 5 hours sounds great and some days that's all I do as each day is different, some its only just over £200 and others its around £400.

Maybe I should just edge all my prices up.

Spotfree

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 08:01:55 am »
To clean the windows.

struggle to go now.

Thanks guys
hey up dude

i know where you are coming from,
I suffer badly with depression and we have a serious disabled son who is 24hr care,so your not alone and its only naturally to feel like you do.

think of it this way,"whats the best you can do for your boy ?"

the best is show him the love and care he so desperate needs,time with the boy is more important than anything,so take a step back a bit from work,even a hour cause it all about the quality time that you can spend with him and to support your wife.,who needs you to help and be there. 
whats more important your work or your son!!!!!! the work will still be there when you go back ;)
That must be hard mate, 24 hour care, I really feel for you there!

I do help out and always try to give my son as much of my time as I can, sometimes though you feel a bit down and its hard to act happy.

Granny

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 08:23:21 am »
Hi have you considered S.A.D. Seasonal affective disorder? Low light can affect your mood, we have had one of the longest, darkest, wettest Autumns since the year 2000, according to the weather watchers.
I used to work with a guy who used to have one of these in the office in Winter - he claimed it was the only thing that kept him sane!
https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/sad-lamps/article/sad-lamps-and-seasonal-affective-disorder/choosing-a-sad-lamp
All the best.
Granny

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 12:20:36 pm »
“personally ive always found AA meetings to be very good for my mental health over the years,beats going back to the drink.......“

I did the same but went to RAC meetings........made a full recovery and reached my destination.

TomCrowther

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 02:31:37 pm »
This is going to sound a bit mad but, you need to accept the current situation. It's not ideal and probably not what you thought life was going to be. Take a complete day or two off from work. Do something you enjoy and think about the bigger picture while doing it. Be grateful for the things you have. Your wife and son, your friends. This will make the challenges easier to handle because you are coming at it with a fresher outlook and not the tired, fed up one.
Window Cleaning is the job you do. It has loads of benefits over loads of other occupations and we are all guilty of thinking "this is crap" especially at this time of year. You earn good money. Nobody is pecking your head in. Your outside. etc etc. Your life is better than you currently realise.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 06:09:42 pm »
This is going to sound a bit mad but, you need to accept the current situation. It's not ideal and probably not what you thought life was going to be. Take a complete day or two off from work. Do something you enjoy and think about the bigger picture while doing it. Be grateful for the things you have. Your wife and son, your friends. This will make the challenges easier to handle because you are coming at it with a fresher outlook and not the tired, fed up one.
Window Cleaning is the job you do. It has loads of benefits over loads of other occupations and we are all guilty of thinking "this is crap" especially at this time of year. You earn good money. Nobody is pecking your head in. Your outside. etc etc. Your life is better than you currently realise.

im left wondering if he had time off over xmas...i had a full 13 days off so feel refreshed and ready to go....

RPCCS

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 06:22:03 pm »
I  have been there too, I lost my dad just before Xmas 2016 , so that Xmas was s h I t for me. I went back to work early January, but by the end of the month I could feel myself  feeling more and more down, but didn’t know why.  I had been getting sick of window cleaning  over the  past few years anyway, but after a few months of depression spells, I eventually put it down to delayed grief and being fed up with the job in winter. This is why I decided to make a plan to change things and started doing carpet cleaning instead, which I aim to move over to full time.  As others have said though, you need to make some time for yourself, throwing yourself in to work isn’t the solution,. It’s not going to stop you feeling bad, it’s just going to aggravate the problem. Perhaps think about doing what I did and diversify a little, or take a part time job for a couple of days a week. I do window cleaning, carpet and sofa cleaning, jet washing  and a bit of coach driving, but not a variety each week.
Cheers Rich

Spotfree

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 08:13:44 pm »
Feel for you.
For me, work is an escape at times. My wife has finally been diagnosed after a couple of years, with fibralmalygia, raynauds, depression and anxiety.
My 18 yr old again after years of frustration with doctors & camhs etc has finally got her diagnosis, borderline personality disorder and   PMDD.
Which has resulted in lots of self harming and suicide attempts etc etc. She lives with her mum, but that doesnt make it any easier.
So for me, its a day at a time. I either get a full long day at work or im finishing early for school runs every day n home to look after everyone.   This is one reason why ive built and keep adding to building my work with high priced jobs. Quality over quantity so im not working every hour and if not working then stressing.
I would love to get back into gym life but I dont know when that will be, certainly not whilst my two youngest ones are 3 n 5.
Last couple of weeks i was on a downer and fancied being selfish n booking me a hotel for a short break away from everyone as i was tired, tired of it all and everyone. Also tired of being tired. Thank fully that moment has passed.

Haha, this forum is a good way to moan or start various threads to have other grown up conversations or escape some boredom etc.   If your work isnt priced as you ideally want it to be, invest some time to change that and perhaps get back those shorter working hours for same pay, if not more.  The thing is, work will be your stability perhaps in all of this chaos until your family situation becomes somewhat stable again. (Just meaning if everything is new ish with the diagnosis and everything needs adjusting with wife being home full time etc, time is needed for that to level out)
Talk, talk n talk. Dont bottle things up and feel the world is on your shoulders. Theres plenty on here who can relate.

Perhaps add some additional services ie soft washing or pressure washing. Even roof cleaning?  Breaks the boredom and in my experience you get handed the payment upon completion!  No waiting, no gocardless etc.   

Cheers Nath, I know you've had it, tough mate, probably why your so resilient

Spotfree

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 08:16:31 pm »

im left wondering if he had time off over xmas...i had a full 13 days off so feel refreshed and ready to go....

I had 16 days and loved being off, first year in 10 I wasn't ready to go back to work.

Spotfree

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 08:19:31 pm »
I  have been there too, I lost my dad just before Xmas 2016 , so that Xmas was s h I t for me. I went back to work early January, but by the end of the month I could feel myself  feeling more and more down, but didn’t know why.  I had been getting sick of window cleaning  over the  past few years anyway, but after a few months of depression spells, I eventually put it down to delayed grief and being fed up with the job in winter. This is why I decided to make a plan to change things and started doing carpet cleaning instead, which I aim to move over to full time.  As others have said though, you need to make some time for yourself, throwing yourself in to work isn’t the solution,. It’s not going to stop you feeling bad, it’s just going to aggravate the problem. Perhaps think about doing what I did and diversify a little, or take a part time job for a couple of days a week. I do window cleaning, carpet and sofa cleaning, jet washing  and a bit of coach driving, but not a variety each week.

Sorry to hear about your dad mate!

I did think about gutter cleaning this year, but then I realised that when something just wont come out or something breaks off then I'll need to buy a ladder and rack, and go up the bloody thing, big no no for me. When I switched to WFP I swore I'd never do it again. I'm not the climbing type.

Spotfree

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 08:27:55 pm »
I was dubious about posting all my thoughts on a forum, but I'm glad I did now.

Its good to hear other people's perspectives, and after hearing what others are going through my problems seem smaller now.

Slept better last night too.

I think I am doing too much work, I clean in excess of 60k of windows, its very hard to reduce that though so today I started with the price increases. I am hoping to lose work, seems mad I know, no one seems bothered yet though. Time will tell.

My dream is to turnover 75-80k and put someone on the round and pay them half, I'll take what's left to pay my bills etc. Then earn a living from my workshop, what a life that would be.

Thanks for everyone kind words of advice and sharing your issues with me too, it helped.

People judge this forum harshly but there's a decent little community here.

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 06:44:35 am »
I was dubious about posting all my thoughts on a forum, but I'm glad I did now.

Its good to hear other people's perspectives, and after hearing what others are going through my problems seem smaller now.

Slept better last night too.

I think I am doing too much work, I clean in excess of 60k of windows, its very hard to reduce that though so today I started with the price increases. I am hoping to lose work, seems mad I know, no one seems bothered yet though. Time will tell.

My dream is to turnover 75-80k and put someone on the round and pay them half, I'll take what's left to pay my bills etc. Then earn a living from my workshop, what a life that would be.

Thanks for everyone kind words of advice and sharing your issues with me too, it helped.

People judge this forum harshly but there's a decent little community here.

That was my idea  a couple of years ago, have someone clean the entire round and me do something else.

Until I started emoying people and realising it's more stressful than just doing it yourself.

Not turning up, ringing in sick, complaints, skipping windows, bumping the van, breaking equipment, not hitting targets etc. The list went on.

Now I would just prefer to work 2 man so you can keep an eye in them.

RPCCS

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 08:20:22 am »
Very true, once you take on an employee, you take on more hassle. Employer’s liability insurance, holiday pay, whether they will do as good a job, be trustworthy etc.. As a sole trader, you are responsible for yourself and no one else.
Cheers Rich

Spotfree

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 08:52:47 am »
Yeah there is all that, I did try last year and got rid just before the end of the 3-month trial. Missed 1 window too many. Nice thought though ain't it.

Oliver James

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 02:08:37 pm »
The price rises will help.

With the work, have you considered moving customers from month / six weekly to 12 weekly, and charging 50% more for 12 weekly work?

If you do this, you will get a much higher profit margin, but without doing that much more work - although obviously, it is a bit more work cleaning houses on 12 weekly as compared to 6 weekly.

The other thing that may make work less of a hassle is moving customers to DD if you wish and getting rid of any 'hassle jobs' and bad payers.

60k is a brutal schedule for anyone to do AND do all the things that runnning a small business requires you to do at the same time. To hit that you will have to consistently be doing around £300, day in day out, Monday to Friday with just a month off a year for bank holidays / illness/holiday.

And it will grind you down eventually unless you have someone in the background doing behind the scenes stuff for you.

You have a dream of getting an employee and earn a living from your workshop. Visualise that goal and do something every day to move towards it.

It is possible to find decent employees, it just takes time and you may have to go through 4/5 before you find your man/woman!. If you commit to it, it WILL happen. Ask yourself: How much do you want to earn a living from your workshop?

Other stuff that may help: Intermittent fasting where you fast for 16 hours a day for a few days a week or more, avoiding processed food/sugar/caffeine/booze most of the time, and listening to Greg Plit motivational videos on youtube!

Spotfree

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 07:07:39 pm »
The price rises will help.

With the work, have you considered moving customers from month / six weekly to 12 weekly, and charging 50% more for 12 weekly work?

If you do this, you will get a much higher profit margin, but without doing that much more work - although obviously, it is a bit more work cleaning houses on 12 weekly as compared to 6 weekly.

The other thing that may make work less of a hassle is moving customers to DD if you wish and getting rid of any 'hassle jobs' and bad payers.

60k is a brutal schedule for anyone to do AND do all the things that runnning a small business requires you to do at the same time. To hit that you will have to consistently be doing around £300, day in day out, Monday to Friday with just a month off a year for bank holidays / illness/holiday.

And it will grind you down eventually unless you have someone in the background doing behind the scenes stuff for you.

You have a dream of getting an employee and earn a living from your workshop. Visualise that goal and do something every day to move towards it.

It is possible to find decent employees, it just takes time and you may have to go through 4/5 before you find your man/woman!. If you commit to it, it WILL happen. Ask yourself: How much do you want to earn a living from your workshop?

Other stuff that may help: Intermittent fasting where you fast for 16 hours a day for a few days a week or more, avoiding processed food/sugar/caffeine/booze most of the time, and listening to Greg Plit motivational videos on youtube!

Thanks Olly Mate,

Your pretty much spot on with a lot of that, except I try to get it done in 4 days so its more £ per day.

I do have around 50% on GoCardless and most of the rest is cash, I am planning on dropping 1 or 2, good payers etc but hard work.

I do look after myself most of the time and go a bit further than most with healthy calorie counted food full of fruit n veg, I generally don't eat until between 12-2 each day which gives me around 16 hours fast.

My hands are full of cuts writing this as I've been making my own tools in the shed from wood and steel, it's going to happen for me, I just don't know when or how, but it is.

When I first started window cleaning it was just to make a few quid to tide me over, when I realised that it could actually make me a decent living I became obsessed with it and grew a great round that pays well by being the best window cleaner I could be. It was all born from obsession, as all great things are!

The obsession with "making stuff" has already started and is strong as sh*t. The seed has been sown and its only a matter of time now.

Mist A Bit

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2020, 07:31:33 pm »
If you can afford to do less hours spend more time with your family.  I sold my window cleaning business 4 years ago and now I’m in a career which allows me lots of family time every day , long holidays and more money .  I didn’t mind the windows but I had back problems and an opportunity to change.  Time is more valuable than money. You can always get more money but you can’t get more time

Spotfree

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2020, 09:13:11 am »
If you can afford to do less hours spend more time with your family.  I sold my window cleaning business 4 years ago and now I’m in a career which allows me lots of family time every day , long holidays and more money .  I didn’t mind the windows but I had back problems and an opportunity to change.  Time is more valuable than money. You can always get more money but you can’t get more time

Thanks mate, I do look for other ways to earn, What do you do now if you dont mind me asking?

NWH

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 06:20:36 pm »
Think of all the people who would love to be in the position of being there own boss,they’d give there right arm but they’ve been in the job they are in for so long it’s too late.
I speak to many postman and they are so far into there job for so long they can’t get out.

Spotfree

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2020, 05:24:34 pm »
Think of all the people who would love to be in the position of being there own boss,they’d give there right arm but they’ve been in the job they are in for so long it’s too late.
I speak to many postman and they are so far into there job for so long they can’t get out.

I believe postmen get a good pension and sick pay, I know our postie has to work a saturday for 4 weeks then gets a full week off. Not too bad that.
I know what your saying though, it's a fair good position to be in. Been sticking my prices up, the last 5 bungalows today went up by £3 each. I've had a couple of cancelations which is what I'm aiming for, keep getting walk-ups though

NWH

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 06:01:37 pm »
They may get a pension but they don’t  earn good money unless they do loads of overtime,the ones I speak to are so many years in that it would drastically reduce there pension but they are sick of it. They are still in there early 40s with enough time to do something else but they won’t risk the pension over trying something new,as 1 of them said it’s almost like they know once you get past 12-14 years you are going no where.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 06:42:54 pm »
the average pay of a postman here in the north west is £25k for a 40 hour week including holiday pay...so take home pay will be just over £20k a year....how can that be better than working 25-30 hrs a week window cleaning?even after all expenses to do with my business,tax and insurance im left with at least £30k-£32 a year profit a year (plus the flexibility to work when i want)........

NWH

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 10:53:00 pm »
They sell the job or they used to on the pension and hours they used to start at 4-5 be finished by 11-12 not anymore,I feel sorry for the ones that remember the old days.
Most of them used to have other jobs window cleaning-gardening etc,crap money today.