This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Velux window issues
« on: January 12, 2020, 07:28:18 pm »
Does anyone else have issues with cleaning velux windows ?

In the last few of months i must have had 3-4 houses complain they are not cleaned properly

ive scrubbed the hell out of them, including using chemicals but on some of them still impossible to get enough pressure on the glass to remove stubborn marks.

Theres not much more i can do on some of them, im considering not taking on any more jobs with velux some of them arent worth the effort.

anyone come up with a good way of cleaning baked on dirt off velux ?

zesty

Re: Velux window issues
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:38:44 pm »
I just tell the customer they don’t always come up perfectly...

Ooooooog

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 07:44:26 pm »
Rotating brush works well on a first clean. Fine with wfp after that.

hotsteam

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 07:46:32 pm »
Give the outside of the window a good clean from inside, then it's sorted for future cleans   ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 07:47:28 pm »

In the last few of months i must have had 3-4 houses complain they are not cleaned properly

ive scrubbed the hell out of them, including using chemicals but on some of them still impossible to get enough pressure on the glass to remove stubborn marks.

Theres not much more i can do on some of them, im considering not taking on any more jobs with velux some of them arent worth the effort.

Hot water!
Even if you do not use hot water but have a trolley system.  Fill a drum up with very hot tap water and take it to the job and rinse with your normal tank water afterwards.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 07:58:21 pm »

Use a sill brush and rinse slowly a few times after a good scrub....I've never had a complaint myself......
price higher/work harder!

Mr.G

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 08:04:10 pm »
 high water flow and scouring pad on the pole for stubborn bits works for me.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 08:15:18 pm »
I don't have many on my round, but the problem I find with the ones I do have is that the angle is too shallow to get a good enough rinse without using gallons of water in the process. However, as yet my customers have been happy enough with what I've been able to do with them so it hasn't been a big problem for me. One customer saw the issues even before they asked me to do their windows and said they don't expect me to do them.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 08:22:17 pm »
I include them for free but explain we can’t guarantee the same standard as normal
Windows
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 09:38:40 pm »
Hot water if covered in bird poo let it soak for a couple of muinits scrub rinse job done not had a complaint yet 😬😬😬😬

Cookie

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 10:01:07 pm »

Dry Clean

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 10:16:34 pm »
Unless you're prepared to get on the roof and inspect the glass then its not possible to know if its ingrained marks. lead marks/runs or other, I don't guarantee Velux cleans and don't really care if I lose the custom should they not clean up perfect.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 11:03:40 pm »
A trad guy is unlikely to be able to do them at all. Just need to manage expectations.
It's a game of three halves!

davids3511

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 07:56:03 am »
A trad guy is unlikely to be able to do them at all. Just need to manage expectations.
More often than not the marks are on the inside in my experience.

simon w

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 08:07:43 pm »

Couldn't a trad guy turn them from the inside and possibly clean both sides?

simon w

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 08:10:32 pm »
I'd check with the owners that the dirt they think is on the outside is not in fact on the inside of the glass. Internal Velux windows are often neglected by the home owners when it comes to cleaning and they could easily be mistaking issues with the outside glass actually being on the inside.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 08:26:14 pm »
We don't charge for them unless they have like 10 or something along those lines.

Bronze wool pad holder and decent brush gets the perfect-ish.

colin bird

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 07:24:11 am »
I've had complaints about velux Windows,when I returned to look,I found the marks were on the inside,they always look to blame the window cleaner

NWH

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 06:00:21 pm »
Sorry to mention hot water but that cleans em better