This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Graham Cook

Wydale tank fitting
« on: December 20, 2019, 08:06:39 am »
Good morning everyone.

I'm in the process of setting up a diy pressure washing/softwashing van pack. As straight forward as it is there are a few simple questions I have....if anyone could oblige. Firstly, I have a 2nd hand 800 litre wydale tank that has been used by a window cleaner. It has 3 outlets, all of which have small window cleaning type plastic connectors that are very thin. I think I know the answer but surely these are too small/thin to feed a pressure washer? If so, what fitting do I need?

2 of the outlets will be fine for the soft washing element.

I genuinely have lots of silly basic questions that would take forever to write down. Is there anyone who would be happy for me to ring them and bounce ideas/questions off?

Kind regards

Gray

Mike Halliday

Re: Wydale tank fitting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 07:11:14 am »
Call me after Boxing Day 01482 805118  or 07778214483

How big is the actual hole on the tank? Are the fittings reduced? Can you unscrews them and fit a3/4inch (fitting which is what you need to feed a pressure washer)

If you search ‘plastic tank fittings’ on google you will find what you need you might have to drill a new hole in the tank And fit something like this ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-BSP-Tank-Adapter-PP-Valve-to-Brass-SWIVELLING-Snap-On-fitting-Connecctor/293149977700?hash=item444119ac64:g:HMUAAOSwJkNdKJLQ

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Graham Cook

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 09:06:46 am »
Mike,

Many thanks for your kind reply. I will give you a call after boxing day and run you through what I've got (and what I haven't!)

Thanks again

Gray

Rizwan Mo

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 12:24:58 am »
I am based near Leeds and could really do with someone helping me fit a new tank in my van. I have to be careful as the load is quite heavy but looking to install some up springs to increase load. If i was to get a larger tank anyone help me install it please?