This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Re: DIY Electric Reel
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 07:27:27 am »
no you would not daz you said in  another post you could not be bothered tinkering . like always your full of it

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 10:02:19 am »
no you would not daz you said in  another post you could not be bothered tinkering . like always your full of it

what are you on about?all i said was the claber reel wasnt really suitable for converting into an electric reel.......the pure freedom reel would be a better bet.
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 12:38:40 pm »
Ime very surprised that the op is trying to make a bodged up reel when the other week he’s posting about quoting / getting a 50k plus contract, don’t think we are being told the truth hear ,

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2019, 03:07:21 pm »
Ime very surprised that the op is trying to make a bodged up reel when the other week he’s posting about quoting / getting a 50k plus contract, don’t think we are being told the truth hear ,

He aint told you his outgoings though has he!  Just a thought isnt it.
People are so quick to judge, perhaps projecting themselves a little? ::)roll
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2019, 04:02:36 pm »

If someone is quoting / getting a 50k+work they can easily afford £500 or so for a reel , if not they won’t be in business very long

jo5hm4n

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 04:31:11 pm »

Can't believe i'm even having to respond to this but here goes!  I can afford brand new Electric Reels from PureFreedom or WaterWorks.  I want to do DIY or "bodged" reels as you put it simply because if i learn to assemble Electric Reels myself if ever there are problems with them, i can fix them myself.

I have learned the hard way that having a brand spanking new all singing all dancing expensive pro fitted system isn't always the best way to run a business.  Things do eventually go wrong, and if you have not educated yourself on how to fix or fit parts on a system it can mess up your work day or work week if you have to then drive to a supplier to get them to fix your reels or system.

It's not about money for me.  It's about being able to custom build a system to our needs and know how to fix it straight away when something goes wrong.

That's why we now DIY our own systems.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jo5hm4n

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 04:32:08 pm »

Thanks for sticking up for us Nath, i know how you feel now!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 05:05:39 pm »

Can't believe i'm even having to respond to this but here goes!  I can afford brand new Electric Reels from PureFreedom or WaterWorks.  I want to do DIY or "bodged" reels as you put it simply because if i learn to assemble Electric Reels myself if ever there are problems with them, i can fix them myself.

I have learned the hard way that having a brand spanking new all singing all dancing expensive pro fitted system isn't always the best way to run a business.  Things do eventually go wrong, and if you have not educated yourself on how to fix or fit parts on a system it can mess up your work day or work week if you have to then drive to a supplier to get them to fix your reels or system.

It's not about money for me.  It's about being able to custom build a system to our needs and know how to fix it straight away when something goes wrong.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I understand what you are saying and we carry spares to be able to fix things up it’s no good being hundreds of miles away from home with kit that cannot be used, but the claber  reels arnt suitable to do what you want to do with them the centre spindles are cheap plastic , I have had a number of them over the years and they are a good reel but that’s there Achilles heal . Unfortunately no professional company can rely on cheap home made stuff like this to be reliable , and give problem free service , most of the reels produced by manufacturers have been thoroughly tested and any gremlins sorted before being sold to us , I have recently bought 6 waterworks hd power up reels and have to say they are very good  , I have the skills to fabricate and make my own but why bother when you can buy something far superior to what you could do yourself , I didn’t mean to cause any offence ,but if quoting for 50 k + jobs trying to make your own reels is shear madness and looks very unprofessional if seen by the customer , each to there own but I think paying a reasonable price for  a reel that’s used 20-50 times a day is money well spent .

harleyman

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2019, 08:15:26 am »
then dont buy a claber reel get some thing like a cox reel and mod that simples I think they are the same un modified any way.

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2019, 08:20:23 am »
I had a Waterworks reel electric reel for a while. They begin to look a right mess after a while, picking up rust and generally looking grubby with all that metal.

Try putting the chain back on if it comes off, you’ll not be a happy bunny. I gave up on mine after a while and gave it away in the end.

Ive now got a DIY setup which would now be my go to choice of setup. Chain came off for the first time last week in a year. It took 2.37 seconds to put it back on.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2019, 10:38:54 am »
I had a Waterworks reel electric reel for a while. They begin to look a right mess after a while, picking up rust and generally looking grubby with all that metal.

Try putting the chain back on if it comes off, you’ll not be a happy bunny. I gave up on mine after a while and gave it away in the end.

Ive now got a DIY setup which would now be my go to choice of setup. Chain came off for the first time last week in a year. It took 2.37 seconds to put it back on.

This is the exact reason Splash and Dash that i want to have a DIY Electric Reel.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2019, 10:42:43 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I understand what you are saying and we carry spares to be able to fix things up it’s no good being hundreds of miles away from home with kit that cannot be used, but the claber  reels arnt suitable to do what you want to do with them the centre spindles are cheap plastic , I have had a number of them over the years and they are a good reel but that’s there Achilles heal . Unfortunately no professional company can rely on cheap home made stuff like this to be reliable , and give problem free service , most of the reels produced by manufacturers have been thoroughly tested and any gremlins sorted before being sold to us , I have recently bought 6 waterworks hd power up reels and have to say they are very good  , I have the skills to fabricate and make my own but why bother when you can buy something far superior to what you could do yourself , I didn’t mean to cause any offence ,but if quoting for 50 k + jobs trying to make your own reels is shear madness and looks very unprofessional if seen by the customer , each to there own but I think paying a reasonable price for  a reel that’s used 20-50 times a day is money well spent .

Having a DIY Electric Reel doesn't have to look unprofessional.  I have 1 diy van system and 1 fitted by Pure Freedom and the DIY system looks about 100 times better because i customised it myself and looks super tidy.  I take your point about the Clabber Reels.  I've already bought all the kit now, however if it doesnt work then i will try a Clover Reel as that seems to be the go to reel to turn into electric.  Going back to quoting the 50k+ job, that job is way too big for my boots and i can admit that.  I'm nowhere near on the level ready to handle that sort of thing it was just a big leap into the unknown.  95% of my work is domestic and i am kind of happy generally to keep it that way!

Splash & dash

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2019, 12:18:20 pm »
then dont buy a claber reel get some thing like a cox reel and mod that simples I think they are the same un modified any way.

Cox reels are very good but expensive you might just as well buy an electric reel

Splash & dash

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2019, 12:30:39 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Having a DIY Electric Reel doesn't have to look unprofessional.  I have 1 diy van system and 1 fitted by Pure Freedom and the DIY system looks about 100 times better because i customised it myself and looks super tidy.  I take your point about the Clabber Reels.  I've already bought all the kit now, however if it doesnt work then i will try a Clover Reel as that seems to be the go to reel to turn into electric.  Going back to quoting the 50k+ job, that job is way too big for my boots and i can admit that.  I'm nowhere near on the level ready to handle that sort of thing it was just a big leap into the unknown.  95% of my work is domestic and i am kind of happy generally to keep it that way!

Lol I know what you mean about pure freedom don’t talk to me about them , had two reels off them both powder coated ordered stainless steel both were faulty and had to go back   , they did give me a full refund though . I understand what you are saying about the 50k contract but we all have to start somewhere I started with a renault Clio and ladders now we are doing jobs like the 50k job you describe , so it is achievable , if going down the diy route with this reel and employing be careful especially if there is no chain guard , should an employee get injured you would be held responsible, I have got 6 waterworks reels and not had a chain come off any of them yet , I also know several cleaners that have had them for several years and they look fine no rust , nor any problems , I do think they should offer a stainless steel version though , they do come with a 12 month warranty so any issues in that time should get sorted out ok , when doing domestic they are being used on 25-50 odd properties per day and none of them have missed a beat , good luck with the diy route .

harleyman

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2020, 03:04:15 pm »
I must say the more complicated  a system or equipment is the more unlikely the di y er are to fix them.  keep it simple is my motto.

LWC

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2020, 08:06:11 am »
I really like the claber reels  and I made this a few years ago. It pulled in fine but it was really hard to pull out and I could never figure out why. I made 2 and they were exactly the same and so did my mate and always really hard to pull out. My advice is don’t bother. I bought a waterworks one in end and never looked back. I’m all about DIY but clabber doesn’t work for this. However the clover reels do. Hope this helps. 

https://youtu.be/Ztz4LgeSF2U

jo5hm4n

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2020, 01:05:53 pm »
Can anyone send me a link to where the best place is to get a Clover Reel from?  MY usual suppliers don't sell them so need to look elsehwhere, thought i'd ask on here first.

Thanks.

Spruce

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2020, 02:06:27 pm »
Can anyone send me a link to where the best place is to get a Clover Reel from?  MY usual suppliers don't sell them so need to look elsehwhere, thought i'd ask on here first.

Thanks.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-reels/lightweight-metal-reels/lightweight-metal-freestanding-microbore-hose-reel.html
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

jo5hm4n

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2020, 06:19:46 pm »

Thanks.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-reels/lightweight-metal-reels/lightweight-metal-freestanding-microbore-hose-reel.html

Thats a clabber reel which i already have and everyone on heres give me a beating say they no good for diy electric.  Its the clover reel i need not clabber.  Thanks

david mark

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2020, 07:31:13 pm »
I have HD Reel never buy one again it's comes of the side and takes the chain off