Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Leon conroy

Heavily soiled restaurant dining chairs
« on: November 26, 2019, 09:59:25 am »
Hi
I use an airflex pro
I potentially have a big job cleaning 40 heavily soiled dining chairs..plus other upholstery
And am considering buying either the drimaster upholstery tool or the sapphire
Anybody use these and do you think its a good buy ..they are quite pricey so would like some feed back..
I currently use your typical valve upholstery tool but the over wetting on big jobs is driving me crazy!!
Also as the chairs i may be cleaning are very soiled with grease etc what would be the recommended way to go with chemicals..
Ive been using pro chem fabric restorer for years which is fine in homes but need something more for this i believe?
Thanks in advance

Robin Ray

Re: Heavily soiled restaurant dining chairs
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 01:19:20 pm »
H Leon,

The Sapphire is an excellent piece of kit I found it a game changer when i got mine. I prefer the design of the Sapphire over the Drimaster as it has a trigger, the Drimaster is permanently on which will go through water too quickly when using a portable. Another similar tool is the Rotovac Sheerdry, I have never used one but others say they are good.

JandS

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 02:51:10 pm »
The Drimaster can also be turned on and off...has a push valve.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 04:45:29 pm »
The Drimasters have a rotary valve for adjusting flow rate and to turn flow on & off.
Best tool there is.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 06:05:39 pm »
sapphire type tools are nice on big flat surfaces with soft edges  ...    on anything with an angle or awkward edge they suck .    A metal  CFR is a better all rounder imo .
chemical wise  ...   lots of ways to do it  ... i would probably put warm concentrate enzall and a dash of evans rubicon in a bucket  ...  go round quickly on them all with a microfiber mit and give them a good soaking rubbed in .
Then hit them with a drill brush if you had one ,  and finish with an inline heater to the CFR .
I think as long as you have something potent ... the dwell is probably more important than the product .

Ned Kelly

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 08:44:32 pm »
Johns bang on there Leon. Here we are using Enzall (subject to testing) and Cleansmarts Activ-X as a prespray with the drill brush. We're extracting with the Sapphire, Magma heater full blast and an acidic rinse. The Sapphire is a fantastic tool and I can't really imagine using any of the old type upholstery tools  but as John says not the best on awkward edges which you've then got to scrub with a towel to get excess dirt off( not that much of a hassle though).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upix7Q8WT-w&t=80s

RPCCS

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 05:28:53 pm »
Another sapphire user here, I love it but haven't used anything else since I started.
Cheers Rich

jacko

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 10:31:23 pm »
always use CFR tool, no overwetting, easy peasy on awkward corners etc....    Bioclean with oxybrite booster best for pre-spray - 15 mins dwell time.

RPCCS

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 10:15:50 pm »
What's a CFR tool?
Cheers Rich