This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

captain lard

Re: the £5 brigade
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2006, 08:26:21 pm »
I am just setting up but I have about 11 fortnightly customers,in the winter I might have to move everyone onto 6 or 8 weeks possibly including the fortnightlies.
Still no word from the two houses I gave written quotes to and to be honest they are really fair prices I feel but just goes to show.I put handwritten quotes in but now think I should have come home and typed something up and maybe pressed me case more,emphasising frames/sills cleamed,regular,insured etc-maybe next time-never mind.

captain lard

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2006, 11:26:01 pm »
One of the two quotes came back to me tonight and wants the job done monthly-hooray,am going to canvass the street now,if I can get some more customers here my earnings will improve significantly!!From what she said her neighbour who I also quoted for should be getting back to me as well-great stuff,was really thinking I had blown it with them .

paul mather

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2006, 11:37:42 pm »
Macc your right, but most of those who do turn up every fortnight belong to the filthy rag brigade. They don't clean the window they just move the dirt around a bit.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

pjulk

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2006, 11:42:13 pm »
Fast One said -
Once again i have been out knocking,and come across many propertys that needed a window cleaner.Unfortunately it seems the last window cleaner was charging £5,compared to my £12.This happened about 10 times,needless to say i got nothing.

I had a lot of that and still do and im only just up the road from you.
Charge a descent price i do and you will get the work at the price you want although it will take a bit longer.
I price one up monday she collard me whilst i was cleaning.
She wanted a quote so i looked and told her £15 her jaw nearly dropped.
She then goes well how much for the tops only ( i dont take on tops only) so i said £15 and explained why.
my last window cleaner was charging me £6.50 for the whole house.
So i said you should have kept him because i doubt you will get anyone else as cheap as that.
She said well he stopped comming round.
So i told her that is because he was to cheap.
I will let you know she said

Then an a couple of hours later someone else stopped me asking if i was cleaning windows on my house with that (WFP) so i said sorry it's not my house but my customers and yes i am cleaning her windows with it.
She said can i have a quote i live over the road.
Over i went and told her £20 yes she said straight away no questions asked and she even gave me a £2 tip as she said i have done a really good job.
Just goes to show you

Paul

master cleaner

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2006, 08:32:23 pm »
Macc your right, but most of those who do turn up every fortnight belong to the filthy rag brigade. They don't clean the window they just move the dirt around a bit.

ive got to say that i dont agree , i have spent around £10000-£12000 within the last year on wfp and me and my son do a good job we are always getting compliments off of our customers £5 a house is a good price if you can do 4-5 per hour and we dont find that difficult as they are all next door to each other

gary

Fast 1 *

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2006, 01:56:25 am »
I try and earn £25 to £30 an hour.I also dont want to be rushing to the extent that i do a bad job,or resent an under priced job.There is nothing worse than working hard,for little reward.window cleaners across the board need to up their prices.Im not greedy,im fair.Ive got bills to pay,a business to run,and a life to lead.im not in this for peanuts
wildstyles

JM123

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2006, 02:00:21 am »
we also try to work above £20 per hour, normally around £30 to £35 an hour.  Problem is some people watch, then work out how much you make and automatically think you're conning them.  Its a business, and as such has costs, like changing prefilters and resin, oh and tax, insurance, fuel, sandwiches (which have gotten really expensive)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2006, 07:47:37 am »
we also try to work above £20 per hour, normally around £30 to £35 an hour. Problem is some people watch, then work out how much you make and automatically think you're conning them. Its a business, and as such has costs, like changing prefilters and resin, oh and tax, insurance, fuel, sandwiches (which have gotten really expensive)

I have just signed a lease for a new business unit and the solicitor charged me £600 for the pleasure. Two documents and no doubt less than an hours work!!

Thats when you know you're being ripped off!!

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire