This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

hank jr

What Size Ladders Will I Need?
« on: November 20, 2019, 04:44:10 pm »

Hi all, what size ladders will need to do a gutter clean on this house? My ladders not long enough.

I'm not sure a gutter vac would reach it either  ???

Mike Halliday

Re: What Size Ladders Will I Need?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 05:20:07 pm »
A gutter vac would easily do that.

A 4m double extension ladder would reach that  I say4m because I have a double  extension ladder in my van that has 4m cargo bay and it fits inside with a couple of inches to spare

I also carry a 12ft set of step ladders,  I often use the gutter vac off these to give me the added height, it make vaccing easier

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 05:50:53 pm »
We regularly vac gutters up to 60 feet that’s an easy job , I wouldn’t do it off ladders though,  from the picture Ime sure a 4 m double would reach .

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 06:22:32 pm »

A 4m double extension ladder would reach that  I say4m because I have a double  extension ladder in my van that has 4m cargo bay and it fits inside with a couple of inches to spare

I also carry a 12ft set of step ladders,  I often use the gutter vac off these to give me the added height, it make vaccing easier

WTF ?   - buy more pole sections for goodness sake

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 07:08:14 pm »
I have another 3 or 4 but on this occasion I was using the stepladders to clean the cills so they were out...... so I thought I would use them to give me a bit more height , but I found I preferred the extra control I had and the ease of using a shorter pole.

This is the rear of the property which we used the full length

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 07:09:00 pm »

Darran

Looks like heavy alloy poles ???

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 07:11:34 pm »
They are but to be honest it’s all I have ever used so can’t compare, are fibre pole lighter but just as stiff?

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 07:13:11 pm »
Lighter and stiffer

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 07:39:04 pm »
They are but to be honest it’s all I have ever used so can’t compare, are fibre pole lighter but just as stiff?

We use carbon ones light as a feather , it’s definitely the way forward if you do much gutter work well worth the investment especially working over conservatories at shallow angles  ,yes they are stiff we regularly use them up to 50-60 feet and lift turfs    out of gutters over two feet long with ease I have a full set of omnivac alloy poles in my garage collecting dust , should probably donate them to a museum 😂😂😂

hank jr

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 11:21:18 pm »

Duh! Why didn't I think of that ha ha.

Thanks again!

hank jr

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 11:24:53 pm »
Just remembered, this particular customer is never home either. No power supply.

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 06:08:29 am »

Darran

Looks like heavy alloy poles ???

Do any of you guys employ a photographer to follow you around - I'd love some snaps of me working

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03:51 am »
We work as a 2 man team so taking photos is easy plus now we have such good cameras on our phones it’s even easier.

I have my phone linked to my computer and IPad  So when I get home it shares my photos to everything and they are also put into Dropbox I have literally 1000s of photos

hank jr

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 05:43:32 pm »
We work as a 2 man team so taking photos is easy plus now we have such good cameras on our phones it’s even easier.

I have my phone linked to my computer and IPad  So when I get home it shares my photos to everything and they are also put into Dropbox I have literally 1000s of photos

Do you have any before and after photos you can share with me?

Driveways, gutters, fascias, patios?
Need some for a new site I'm building....

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 11:04:22 pm »
You are better off taking photos of your own work and building up a portfolio there is no point using others pictures as you might not be able to achieve the same results as them , and it could come over as misrepresentation.