Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

quadvac softstarting clip
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:43:15 pm »
four vacs ... 3kw heater ... big dryer  ... there's plenty of electricity   ...       The abc1 demographic have better witches

https://streamable.com/m8oap

Mike Halliday

Re: quadvac softstarting clip
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 09:57:47 pm »
Would it not be better to make a false lid for the black machine with a 2 inch barb cut in, then attach the second machine  so it pulls from the waste tank rather than through the black machines vacuum motors. Those vac motors must be spinning massively, would having 2 x 2 motors in series  be better than 4 

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 10:43:01 pm »
Would it not be better to make a false lid for the black machine with a 2 inch barb cut in, then attach the second machine  so it pulls from the waste tank rather than through the black machines vacuum motors. Those vac motors must be spinning massively, would having 2 x 2 motors in series  be better than 4

Thats exactly how it is  ...   the enforcer is in series ... the express is in series.
The express is connected to the enforcers wastetank ... not in the lid but at the top side .
The blue hose coming from the express to the enforcer is effectively a second stack.
So it is two pairs of  series motors connected in parallel .
I still have the my homebuilt booster with two 6.6 inseries on the van ... but the express is similar insetup so i just haul that off insted  a lot of the time .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 07:01:09 am »
Great minds think alike ;D I thought the blue hose was connected to the vacuum exit port of the enforcer

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 04:40:46 pm »
John, the soft starter looks interesting. Did you fit them yourself, if so do you have a link to what you used?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 07:41:39 pm »
John, the soft starter looks interesting. Did you fit them yourself, if so do you have a link to what you used?

Hi , Its this  ...  i have used three of them now , they are ultra reliable .
In my machines i have the two vacs wired off the on switch insted of individual switches ... so just one soft start module is inline with the two vacs .
If you dont want rewire u could put one on each motor ... extra expense of course .   U just run the L wire and N wire through it anywere before the motor u want to slow start . Then i just wrap insulation tape around it .

https://uk.farnell.com/united-automation/ssc-25/control-module-softstart/dp/1213104

There is also a step start module with starts each motor at full speed with a second delay between them .

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 10:16:52 pm »
Excellent, Thanks for that John.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 08:32:48 am »
Just to be clear the soft start is to stop the massive amp spike as a multiple motors starts? (Which could trip a fuse box) ...so instead of going to the machine and turning the vacs on individually you can just turn on the plug in the house (and if you wanted use a remote starter)

john martin

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 11:40:08 am »
Just to be clear the soft start is to stop the massive amp spike as a multiple motors starts? (Which could trip a fuse box) ...so instead of going to the machine and turning the vacs on individually you can just turn on the plug in the house (and if you wanted use a remote starter)
Exactly ,  switching on the whole machine including pump at the one time , from remote or extension lead to where your working .

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 03:03:18 pm »
..yes,
We did a test yesterday and if you turn two 6.6 vacs and a 800 psi pump on simultaneously you can get a spike of around 25 amps. I generally use remote plugs on each lead splitting this load over two stages, however if something else is running on the system drawing 6 -7 amps somewhere, by just turning on one vac and one motor you can get a trip out occasionally.  This is where a soft start seems a great idea.