Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: One of my "rules" gets broken by a customer.
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2019, 07:22:42 pm »
I work on a monthly basis so I’m always up to date by the end of the month  :)

Hard work though if I’m ill or want a week off  :'(

you d be better off financially if you switched to 4 weekly then some months you ll clean some of your jobs twice in the same month but not really lose out when you have a week off here and there(in other words you ll still get 12 cleans done a year instead of 11)this is what i do.....most of my jobs are either 4 weekly or 8 weekly......more money over the course of a year and less dirt to clean off the windows with the extra clean.......works for me

we all take at least a month off a year for holidays,sickness,injury,etc so your only getting 11 cleans in(monthly) or 5 cleans(2 monthly)compared to 12 cleans(4 weekly)and 6 cleans(8 weekly).......

price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2019, 08:39:57 pm »
Clean twice in a month eh,I would say get more work if you are having to switch people so you can fit them in twice lol.
More work is needed if you ask me,if you are taking off 5 weeks a year and still turning up on time somethings wrong or you have just enough work to get by on and by that I mean you have 25-30 days worth of work a month,that means if you get good weather you’ll get round it all.
If the weathers good I still wouldn’t get round all my work that’s the way I like it I can put prices up and if there were to be any trouble with I’m not having that,fine plenty more work for me to do.
Being a bit sporadic and not turning up bang on time gives you more flexibility they aren’t expecting you on any particular week-day,this in itself gives you the chance for time off.
We all run things the way it suits us but to have 5 weeks off and say I have plenty of work is right in your book but I’d soon chop through it Daz lol.

Spotfree

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2019, 09:10:42 pm »
If you running 5 weeks behind all the time and your happier that way then it doesn't sound like your actually behind to me, it sounds more like it's your normal MO.

I like to be on time, my customers like me to be on time so we're right for each other. I picked one up today because the now old window cleaner " can't keep it together " and turn up when he says he's going to.

I would think someone like that has "bitten off more than they can chew"!

I have an abundance of work and earn very well, I work 4 days mostly and am only ever late if the weather is too bad to work in (rarely).

I wouldn't say I'm absolutely bob on with my everything but from reading here I can see I'm far from doing bad, there's always room for improvement is my attitude, suppose that's why I don't do bad.

I would hate for all my work to be in a complete mess and have people wanting to know when I'm coming and not having an answer. Imagine being weeks behind then needing to take time off on top of that, flippin heck my head would crumble.

Each to their own though, there's a customer for every window cleaner!

I do respect the guys that couldn't give a flying monkeys about things I take seriously

NWH

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 09:45:12 pm »
We all have customers where clean windows is life or death to them I do keep them happy but I also have a lot that know I will get to them when I get chance,they say to me we know you will get to us eventually you won’t let us down they are the customers on the whole I love.
You aren’t rushed to get there you don’t need to think they’ll get someone else,if you are on time they are happy if you are late they are still happy,good customers to have imo.
I say to customers if I’m late give me a nudge with a text I’ll then try and get to you sooner if you are desperate,at the end of the day it’s cleaning windows it’s not a leaking roof,it’s such a stress free job why make it stressful by doing all your work bang on day bang on month,some days you can just get up and say I’ll cherry pick a few today earn fantastic money and be home by 2 and sit in the garden in summer when the suns out.
Sub consciously some people are letting there customers run there business and the hours they work,when you’ve been doing this job a few years you can see this.

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2019, 02:07:31 pm »
If you running 5 weeks behind all the time and your happier that way then it doesn't sound like your actually behind to me, it sounds more like it's your normal MO.

I like to be on time, my customers like me to be on time so we're right for each other. I picked one up today because the now old window cleaner " can't keep it together " and turn up when he says he's going to.

I would think someone like that has "bitten off more than they can chew"!

I have an abundance of work and earn very well, I work 4 days mostly and am only ever late if the weather is too bad to work in (rarely).

I wouldn't say I'm absolutely bob on with my everything but from reading here I can see I'm far from doing bad, there's always room for improvement is my attitude, suppose that's why I don't do bad.

I would hate for all my work to be in a complete mess and have people wanting to know when I'm coming and not having an answer. Imagine being weeks behind then needing to take time off on top of that, flippin heck my head would crumble.

Each to their own though, there's a customer for every window cleaner!

I do respect the guys that couldn't give a flying monkeys about things I take seriously

im the same...i like a work routine/schedule to keep to and usually i turn up around the same time on the same day for most work every month,there are days where i dont though and ill chop and change longer frequency jobs to suit me that particular week.....

most customers number 1 complaint about their other window cleaners they ve had in the past are unreliability....time and time again....i try and make sure i dont end up one of them! ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 05:28:52 pm »
Sod that way of working out that’s not freedom to do what you want.