Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JJay

First cleaning not been paid - what do you do?
« on: November 05, 2019, 10:29:27 pm »
I've got from time to time people who think can messing around saying "oh I thought it went through" "oh sorry I don't want to have them clean anymore" I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about  = messers, liers, just bad pepole in general but this is time I think I've got enough and I want to give a lesson and collect money which she owe. There is one lady.
I've asked to pay 3 times already and it's been more than 2 months. She owes me 12£. I've get address, first name and phone number how I can make her to pay? Tell me Please how you dealing with such people even with the small amounts which is usually small amounts.

For example Darran from green pro sending letters about small claims court and 9 of 10 after first letter getting money.

Re: First cleaning not been paid - what do you do?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 10:44:26 pm »
I'd get more satisfaction putting the dirt back on her windows.

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 11:06:38 pm »
I've got from time to time people who think can messing around saying "oh I thought it went through" "oh sorry I don't want to have them clean anymore" I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about  = messers, liers, just bad pepole in general but this is time I think I've got enough and I want to give a lesson and collect money which she owe. There is one lady.
I've asked to pay 3 times already and it's been more than 2 months. She owes me 12£. I've get address, first name and phone number how I can make her to pay? Tell me Please how you dealing with such people even with the small amounts which is usually small amounts.

For example Darran from green pro sending letters about small claims court and 9 of 10 after first letter getting money.

£12 is not worth the trouble IMHO especially if they have declared or been declared bankrupt.

If you feel that hard done by then why not send a letter together with her name, address and all your proof/s of non payment to Experian. They are obliged to note this payment default on your customer's credit history. It will effect any further claims for credit they might ask from any financial institution.
Its then up to them to find you, settle the bill and once settled, you are obliged to then write to Experian informing them that the debt is settled.

There is no time limit between when the debt is settled and when you have to inform Experian that the debt is settled if you get my drift.

Yes, it will take time to play out but for £12 I would write the debt off if it were me.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 11:11:49 pm »
I usually get angry, swear a bit, vow to get revenge and picture myself killing their cat etc.

Then after a while I forget about it and move on.

I always send debt letters and probably get half of them cough up but still lose a couple hundred quid a year.

What can you do, unless you want to go as far as attending court over a tenner.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 11:12:26 pm »

From a legal point she can have a claim against you for doing this - I think its called malicious damage to property?

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 11:16:42 pm »
I usually get angry, swear a bit, vow to get revenge and picture myself killing their cat etc.

Then after a while I forget about it and move on.

I always send debt letters and probably get half of them cough up but still lose a couple hundred quid a year.

What can you do, unless you want to go as far as attending court over a tenner.

I agree. I understand there is a principle involved, but sometimes its not in our jurisdiction to dish out punishment, especially when the odds of success are not in our favour.

CleanClear

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 11:28:00 pm »

First tip: Always get your customers full name.

...And DOB if you think you'll have to drag 'em through Court in the future.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

andyM

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 11:45:58 pm »
£12?  Write it off, remove her from the round. Forget about it, move on and don’t waste any more of your time or effort on it.
One of the Plebs

JJay

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 12:12:02 am »
My friend write off 400£ last tax year because of that and I want to avoid losing money. It's business , not charity for one off messers. About those who easily writing off money. How many those 12£ you are actually writing off and allowing people to waste your time effort and resources?
If you hiring plumber to get tap outside house done and after when he made brilliant job and you don't want to pay you would say "just write it off mate, don't worry"
How's that making sense?

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 12:49:55 am »
Mate,  im sure this isnt the first time its happened and it wont be the last, unless you get them all to sign up to gocardless first and save yourself the hassle
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Pete Thompson

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 02:38:27 am »
The time and energy you’re expending worrying about it and getting hacked off is worth more than £12.

Some people don’t pay. It’s a fact of life and business. Don’t take it personally.

Make reasonable efforts to recover it, then give up and write it off. Anything else is simply bad business practice.

After a while you get a nose for customers who are likely to be problem payers, but some always slip through.

tlwcs

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 06:21:50 am »
You wrote off over £400 last year?
If your mainly domestic say with an average of  a £20 per clean, that’s nearly 2 a month not paying?
Make sure they have the money to pay on the day
Take payment b4 you clean with a card reader for new first cleans
GoCardless can help but they can close the direct debit
Finally if you are losing this many regularly, maybe you should look at your technique or attitude ( maybe you come across as too nice)
Tony

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 06:47:48 am »

From a legal point she can have a claim against you for doing this - I think its called malicious damage to property?
I wouldn't do it. Just saying I'd get more satisfaction from doing that than chasing her for £12. The time and effort to get her to pay up wouldn't be worth it to me.

deeege

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 06:58:11 am »
The only way to avoid this happening is to get paid upfront for first clean. I always ask them to leave cash in a safe place if they are not going to be in. No cash = no clean.

(And while you’re at it, start charging properly for first cleans, atleast double)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 06:58:18 am »
We fixed this problem by Charging double for your first cleans and make them setup a direct debit before we will book them in.

I don’t think anyone hasn’t paid for a first clean for almost 5 years now.

Otherwise the guys are right, you need to look at what customers you are attracting and learn how to weed out messers before you work.

If you spend your time chasing £12 debts you will never successfully grow

Good luck
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

alank

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 07:43:08 am »
Forget and move on. Next.  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 08:09:21 am »
I've NEVER not been paid for a first clean in 26 years of window cleaning....I do write off money though....usually it's around £50-£100 per year.....currently this year its £16....usually when a customer dies owing me.....

£12?...... it's not worth it mate....concentrate on channeling your energy into getting more customers and looking after your existing ones....
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 08:17:12 am »
You can use this to your advantage in the future by saying to a new customer that you want paying up front for the (higher priced) first clean - no ifs or buts. Just say that you don't mean them personally but that you've had your fingers burned before.

Now revenge ... don't do it.

But if you are feeling kindly you might have noticed there is a bit of grit in their front door lock and about six months later attempt to get it out with a cocktail stick. Whatever you do, don't let it snap off in the lock and drive it deeper in your attempts to get it out. No. Don't do that.  ;D

Seriously ... don't do it - just imagine it! Not least you could get caught on camera.

If you really need to have closure go to the door at 8 in the morning and ask for payment face to face. If she has "no money" and you still want closure ask when she will be in and collect at a specifically arranged time.
It's a game of three halves!

jk999

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 08:29:40 am »
You all must be doing something wrong if it happens alot only payers that haven't paid me are the ones that move house before i collect, its not worth the hassle over 12 pounds

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 08:50:12 am »
I end up writing off about £100 a year due to bad payers.  All small amounts £8-£12.  Some it's unavoidable, death and serious illness.  There's always a few who are just bad customers, either got terrible memories or just don't see us seriously enough to be bothered.  But like others have said, you get a nose for who they are and drop them. I seldom forget a bad customer, even after years and if they ever ask me again, I ask for what they owe first before l even consider a restart. However, it hardly ever happens because they still don't pay up even when they promise to.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

JJay

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 10:06:28 am »
I Haven't written of 400. It was my friend. This year I would have to probably write it of around 50£. I'm usually charging twice for the first clean but this time her windows was in really good conditon and job was pretty easy and fast. I'm just looking for good solution.

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 10:58:34 am »
Just send her a text asking for payment within next 7 days or as much as you dont want to, you will have to forward it onto a debt collecting agency who will add a fee of £60 on top and collect yours and their fees.

This is all ive done in the past (if i didnt choose to ignore) and ones have moaned and called names but they pay up.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 12:37:29 pm »
When you say you've asked her 3 times, how.?.... Text, phone call, face to face ?  Has she replied, refused to pay, given a reason or just ignored you ?   Could she have been renting, sold or moved out of the property ?  She could have just pulled a fast one on you and done a runner.

TomCrowther

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 01:20:18 pm »
I know a guy who did a large job {IT installation} for a firm of Solicitors in Manchester. £120,000.00
The client just refused to pay. No reason, just said we aren't paying. It took him a good while to find another legal firm to take on the job as they all seem to know each other. On the steps outside the courts, he was offered 25p in the pound and he was advised to take it which he did.
Some people are just bar stewards.

JJay

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 02:02:57 pm »
When you say you've asked her 3 times, how.?.... Text, phone call, face to face ?  Has she replied, refused to pay, given a reason or just ignored you ?   Could she have been renting, sold or moved out of the property ?  She could have just pulled a fast one on you and done a runner.

Twice in face and now twice by text. Sending message about debit agency seems to reasonable thing. Thanks Nathan.

She's just playing some game. She always got the same answer. "Sorry I will do right now". First time she said "Sorry I thought it went through" I never in my life had probelm with transferring money to some else.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 04:16:31 pm »
This is where a card reader comes in handy. Had a now  ex customer owe me £16 from July. I clean the house next door so I twice put in a slip requesting payment whilst I was there, but the requests were ignored. Yesterday I noticed someone was at home so I chapped the door, young lady answered and went for her purse, showed me she had no money in it ( she probably took the money out of it before returning to the front door ) no problem I said, I can take card payment.......the look on her face as she reluctantly made the payment 😆

Spotfree

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 04:24:49 pm »
If I don't get paid by someone I become a debt collector.

I turned up at one woman's house at 9 am on Sunday morning and explained to her son and his girlfriend that she owed me money and was getting her secretary to fob me off every time I called.

She came to the door mortified but had no cash, her son also looking embarrassed put his hand in his pocket and paid me.

I also did to a woman who kept ignoring me, I turned up at 7 00 pm and her ex-husband was there, he paid me as he was self-employed himself and understood my annoyance.

I dont go right out of my way but I take every opportunity to remind them that they owe me money and I wont let it go until its settled. A bit sad I know but if it ain't right then it ain't right.

I heard this one the other day and it stuck with me "it's the squeaking wheel that gets the oil".

Slash

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 06:26:20 pm »
What I do is put a reminder through  the door,if no payment within a month I go round on a Saturday morning about 7 when they are lying in bed,knock and when they answer all foggy eyed I simply ask for payment.
I quarentee they pay up before the following Saturday.
I know its sad but works a treat

Bungle

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 06:51:28 pm »

First tip: Always get your customers full name.

...And DOB if you think you'll have to drag 'em through Court in the future.

DOB 😂 A bit weird!
We look at them, they look through them.

Spruce

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 09:00:29 pm »
What I do is put a reminder through  the door,if no payment within a month I go round on a Saturday morning about 7 when they are lying in bed,knock and when they answer all foggy eyed I simply ask for payment.
I quarentee they pay up before the following Saturday.
I know its sad but works a treat

Reminds me of the story of a debt collector who was employed to do commercial collections. He rocked into the offices wearing the clothes that only a tramp would wear and stank like anything.
"Sorry, there's no one in to sign a cheque." "No worries, I will make myself comfortable and wait here until they become available." 
He says he never had to wait long.  ;D

Oliver James

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 05:40:40 am »
Ian Lancaster shared this a while back:

Also pasted below is the letter I send with a CCJ N1 form. You can print the N1 forms off the county court website.

…………………

Dear Sir / Madam,

Re: Window Cleaning Services at …………………..

Following your original request for window cleaning services at the above address, you accepted our offer of service of a …. weekly clean at a price of £…... I cleaned them on ………………

We must now insist on full payment within 14 days of the date of this letter. The sum required is the total of £…..

If we do not receive a cheque made payable to Oliver James or bacs (to account number xxxxx sort code xxxxx, PLEASE USE THE FIRST LINE OF YOUR ADDRESS AS A REFERENCE) for the sum of £….. by …………. we may take one of the following actions:

1. We may apply to the Small Claims Court, this action will incur additional costs, and we have access to expert legal assistance via the Federation of Small Businesses which could involve further costs to be borne by you.

2. We may sell the debt to a professional debt collection agency. This will involve you in considerable extra expense.

Yours sincerely,

Oliver James Metherell
Founder: Oliver James - Window Cleaner™

Dear Sir / Madam,

I refer to my letter dated …………………. (copy attached to County Court Claim Form N1)

Unless I receive the amount stated in the letter by 1700 on …………………. I will mail this paperwork to Birmingham County Court.

Yours,

Oliver James Metherell

JJay

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 12:35:00 pm »
Ian Lancaster shared this a while back:

Also pasted below is the letter I send with a CCJ N1 form. You can print the N1 forms off the county court website.

…………………

Dear Sir / Madam,

Re: Window Cleaning Services at …………………..

Following your original request for window cleaning services at the above address, you accepted our offer of service of a …. weekly clean at a price of £…... I cleaned them on ………………

We must now insist on full payment within 14 days of the date of this letter. The sum required is the total of £…..

If we do not receive a cheque made payable to Oliver James or bacs (to account number xxxxx sort code xxxxx, PLEASE USE THE FIRST LINE OF YOUR ADDRESS AS A REFERENCE) for the sum of £….. by …………. we may take one of the following actions:

1. We may apply to the Small Claims Court, this action will incur additional costs, and we have access to expert legal assistance via the Federation of Small Businesses which could involve further costs to be borne by you.

2. We may sell the debt to a professional debt collection agency. This will involve you in considerable extra expense.

Yours sincerely,

Oliver James Metherell
Founder: Oliver James - Window Cleaner™

Dear Sir / Madam,

I refer to my letter dated …………………. (copy attached to County Court Claim Form N1)

Unless I receive the amount stated in the letter by 1700 on …………………. I will mail this paperwork to Birmingham County Court.

Yours,

Oliver James Metherell
Brliiant. I will send a text about selling debt  to debt agency first and then see what happens
Thanks a lot for help.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 04:10:25 pm »
i have a customer who owes me £16.....ive found out shes paying nearly a £1000 a month in rent on a small 3 bed semi,shes a single parent and childminder and her house is always full of kids.......im not hounding her for the money....twice shes promised to pay by bank transfer and twice shes let me down,knocking on her  door doesnt help as she says she has no money and no money on her debit/credit cards..... ::)roll

ive just removed her from my round but she will see me EVERY 4 weeks as i clean virtually every other house on the street. ;D

if she wants me to start cleaning again then i will need the £16 shes owes me and a clean upfront........fat chance! ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 05:04:21 pm »
i have a customer who owes me £16.....ive found out shes paying nearly a £1000 a month in rent on a small 3 bed semi,shes a single parent and childminder and her house is always full of kids.......im not hounding her for the money....twice shes promised to pay by bank transfer and twice shes let me down,knocking on her  door doesnt help as she says she has no money and no money on her debit/credit cards..... ::)roll

ive just removed her from my round but she will see me EVERY 4 weeks as i clean virtually every other house on the street. ;D

if she wants me to start cleaning again then i will need the £16 shes owes me and a clean upfront........fat chance! ::)roll ;D

I just wouldn't start cleaning for her again. Simples.

Johnny B

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 05:40:02 pm »
The way I see it is that yes, they owe the money and yes, they should pay. But I don't want the stress of chasing people up once they start to give me the runaround.

I just stop calling to them, but keep a record of what they owe, and leave it with them to contact me. Most don't of course, but I would rather channel my time and effort into decent customers who want the job done and will pay me for it, than to waste my time trying to get blood out of a stone.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 07:44:17 pm »

If she’s a childminder and her house is full of kids she’ll be coining it in....I would be chapping her door for the dosh, preferably when some parents were picking up their children...two birds killed with 1 stone, embarrass the childminder and get a perv at the yummy mummies😂

JJay

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2019, 05:44:23 pm »
The way I see it is that yes, they owe the money and yes, they should pay. But I don't want the stress of chasing people up once they start to give me the runaround.

John

Sending a text will take 30 seconds  always worth of try if don't succeed, I've just lost a few quid. Asking for your money should be embarasing for those who not pay not for those who trying to get what is already theirs.  Just in general opinion.

Johnny B

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2019, 07:19:15 pm »

John

Sending a text will take 30 seconds  always worth of try if don't succeed, I've just lost a few quid. Asking for your money should be embarasing for those who not pay not for those who trying to get what is already theirs.  Just in general opinion.

Very good point about texting them. I actually feel embarrassed for them not having the integrity to do the right thing rather than being embarrassed to ask for what is mine.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tomboler

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2019, 08:08:47 pm »

Just knock on her door and ask for it. If you keep going back and asking for it she'll pay eventually. Ringing, texting, sending letters is easy for them to ignore, pretend to themselves that it doesn't really matter, after all it's 'such a small amount'   ::)roll  Park your van around the corner and go and knock the door. Have a clip board with her and others debts on it if it makes you feel better. When you've got your money remember not to go back and clean again + warn off any other cleaners that you're friendly with locally.

rosskesava

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2019, 01:31:20 am »
Just knock on her door and ask for it. If you keep going back and asking for it she'll pay eventually. Ringing, texting, sending letters is easy for them to ignore, pretend to themselves that it doesn't really matter, after all it's 'such a small amount'   ::)roll  Park your van around the corner and go and knock the door. Have a clip board with her and others debts on it if it makes you feel better. When you've got your money remember not to go back and clean again + warn off any other cleaners that you're friendly with locally.

£12? You'd go through all that for £12? I've had odd 'customers' not pay me a few times over the years but to worry over £12? I'd have written it off after the first request for payment or second at the latest. After a good few years, you tend to get a weird insight or instinct for those who won't pay. Now if I get that feeling about a potential customer that something isn't quite right I tend to go with it and decline to clean their windows. Of course, there's no way to prove if I'm right or wrong but it's been years since I havn't been paid.

The last time I felt something wasn't quite right was for a builders clean earlier this year. I quoted high and the foreman accepted the price too quickly. I just had a feeling about the job. I only want work I'm happy to do. I may have missed out on a well priced job but I now follow my gut instinct, rightly or wrongly.

£12 though. I cannot believe you or the OP is serious and warn other window cleaners? For £12?

£12? Is this some type of a wind up posting?  £12 is not worth the bother.

Just forget it and carry on working. All that hassle and upset for £12. Unbelievable.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

johnny bravo

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2019, 05:14:41 pm »
you sound like you wont get it,      get an old brush on pole, bucket of dirty water and  clean them with this water.   Satisfaction.  big smiley face  She will need someone to get them cleaned,  She will call you then.   
Knock first. See if she is in or not

Just a thought,  Nothing I would do though.   I try not to go more than 2 cleans now.     You know your customers who Apreciate your Services,  These will pay you if  owing you.   

Tomboler

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 10:36:38 pm »

£12? You'd go through all that for £12? I've had odd 'customers' not pay me a few times over the years but to worry over £12? I'd have written it off after the first request for payment or second at the latest. After a good few years, you tend to get a weird insight or instinct for those who won't pay. Now if I get that feeling about a potential customer that something isn't quite right I tend to go with it and decline to clean their windows. Of course, there's no way to prove if I'm right or wrong but it's been years since I havn't been paid.

The last time I felt something wasn't quite right was for a builders clean earlier this year. I quoted high and the foreman accepted the price too quickly. I just had a feeling about the job. I only want work I'm happy to do. I may have missed out on a well priced job but I now follow my gut instinct, rightly or wrongly.

£12 though. I cannot believe you or the OP is serious and warn other window cleaners? For £12?

Just forget it and carry on working. All that hassle and upset for £12. Unbelievable.

Would I/ have I, knocked the door of a customer that forgets/delays paying me £12 ? Yes, of course I have and would again. Not sure what you  mean by 'go through all that'. All I'm saying is, letters, texts, phone calls to chase debts sometimes doesn't work. Going and knocking on their door and asking for the £12 that they owe you for a job you've done  is worth it. Knocking the door takes very little time and means you could get the money that is owed to you. I do know a window cleaner who finds it difficult to do this (he's afraid to)  so he sends his wife !

JJay

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2019, 08:03:54 pm »

I would just assume that you've waste more time and effort to say how wrong I was asking for help than accutaly I waste asking for my money.
Unbelievable  ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2019, 11:30:33 pm »

wrong as your returning her property to her (i.e. drit ) is what we have been told by our legal team , they cant even get you done for trespassing as its a civil matter we have just returned the muck to 15 schools we have not had payment for over a weekend

Slacky

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 08:49:36 am »
If you're not getting paid by 15 schools I'd suggest the issue lies closer to home than you apparently think.

Shrek

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 09:58:04 am »
Iv never known a school to pay in a few days. I’m friends with a headteacher and she still paid me in around 3 months after I’d done the job. It’s not the headteacher that presses the ‘pay’ button but some other people in the council

NWH

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 01:05:05 pm »
The burser at the school should be the one chasing your payment for you that’s who I’ve dealt with in the past when I’ve done them,although the majority of this stuff is done for half what it used to be cleaned for.
I looked at a school around 5 years ago and it was priced conservatively at around 3k,someone travelled down from north London and cleaned it for 1200 with 2 other workers,the caretaker actually said to me when quoting they do a terrible job they want rid I said I’m not surprised at that kind of price. Spoke to him 6 months later and said I didn’t get it then,he said nah they kept the same company on lol,waiting for payment for up to 6 months is not unusual for schools in my experience. Schools and the local council ruined a roofer I know because of late payments,he was owed in the region of 200k the bank waited and waited again but in the end even when he took all his paperwork showing it was owed from the government they still pulled the plug on him.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 04:17:01 pm »
The burser at the school should be the one chasing your payment for you that’s who I’ve dealt with in the past when I’ve done them,although the majority of this stuff is done for half what it used to be cleaned for.
I looked at a school around 5 years ago and it was priced conservatively at around 3k,someone travelled down from north London and cleaned it for 1200 with 2 other workers,the caretaker actually said to me when quoting they do a terrible job they want rid I said I’m not surprised at that kind of price. Spoke to him 6 months later and said I didn’t get it then,he said nah they kept the same company on lol,waiting for payment for up to 6 months is not unusual for schools in my experience. Schools and the local council ruined a roofer I know because of late payments,he was owed in the region of 200k the bank waited and waited again but in the end even when he took all his paperwork showing it was owed from the government they still pulled the plug on him.
they got a local f. management company in which  then they pass it on too us (my son )  ive waited for 6 months and wrote lot of letters until i got sick of it , these people have got away with it because to many one man bands have just let it go or gone under or are to scared to do anything so ive been told off one of there ex staff ..... so i green lighted the return last Friday and the schools were hit Saturday  with  two man teams on each of the 4 vans there were done in minutes , after the return we filled in job sheets from the said F.M. company and explained why we went back . my son lucky as hes got no over heads as we handed him the business over for free so he can take the hit but not everybody could nor should they have too ,

AuRavelling79

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2019, 01:00:09 pm »
Blimey! Keep us posted as to what happens next!

Dave Willis

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2019, 01:00:17 pm »
Can they see the difference?