This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Becki H

Oven cleaning - little help?
« on: November 04, 2019, 09:01:10 pm »
Iv has my cleaning business for just under a year. Iv now started to do end of tenancies which include an oven clean. Now I’m currently using oven pride and going to the property the night before prepping that aswell as any mould on silicone in bathrooms etc  but I see people who do oven cleans only as a business that don’t have a dip tank? Can anyone tell me what they are using I don’t know if I’m a perfectionist and just not happy with even the littlest mark but I’m just not happy with how they are coming up? Thank you I’m advance

Jonny Swirljet

Re: Oven cleaning - little help?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 06:08:27 am »
Just a thought - When a custard asks me to include an oven in a tenancy clean i just use "£ shop" oven cleaner - just as good as named brands.

Becki H

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 06:42:00 am »
I’m using oven pride atm which is low cost but I have to go the night before especially when the ovens pretty bad. But I see people who do just oven cleaning as a profession and they just turn up on the day. Anything I use on the day isn’t good enough Iv tried a lot of oven cleaning products non seem to do the trick as I’d like so I don’t know where I’m going wrong

Denise l

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 04:22:10 am »
Try Mr. muscle spray on oven cleaner. Spray then leave while you clean rest of house. Take shelves outside, spray and leave. Then use hot fairy liquid in water, green scoured etc. Then use glass cleaner on door. Time consuming but better than your method.  Little toothbrushes and small screwdrivers help too. Good luck, we do about 70 student houses like this. Don't forget the grilles in oven hoods, thick with grease but fairy liquid is the best and we use Ubik.

Becki H

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 06:45:32 am »
Thank you Denise I have a big grill tray I fill with boiling hot water and I put the grill and extractor slats in with bicarbonate and fairy liquid and I spray with astonish grease lifter before hand it rolls off. When you do your ovens are they coming up like new with this method? It might be me panicking that it’s not good enough. Also what do you do for would only the silicone of baths etc? I bleach day before but surely quicker method

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 04:01:13 pm »
Clean is clean - you won't get 'like new' if the oven has wear and tear general use. - try not to overthink it

when you say bleach are you talking about household cr@p or real 14% sodium hypochlorite ? put that on and your silicone will be whiter than white in five minutes flat

for ceramics and shower look at "Breaker" this will remove body oils and fat plus general grime quickly we use this in a hotel/spa/swimming pool complex to great effect

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Denise l

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 04:54:21 pm »
I use Black mould spray on bath and shower silicon on domestics. I'd forgotten about Breaker, used to use that years ago. Who makes it now Darren?

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 05:28:00 pm »
Clover Chemicals  ;)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk