This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DT74

Van - How much space?
« on: October 30, 2019, 02:19:47 pm »
Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up a pressure washing, gutter and carpet cleaning business, I'm nearly there but not got a van yet. I need a van with seats in the back for the kids when I'm not working. I'm thinking of a Mercedes Vito with seats in the back, do you think this will be big enough? I don't anything too big because I will be using it when not working.  I have a container for storing things when they're not being used. Also, do open van smell of cleaning chemicals etc? The kids do like to moan  :). Any pictures of the inside of none truck mounted vans would be appreciated.

Thanks for you help in advance...... 

Mike Halliday

Re: Van - How much space?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 02:25:48 pm »
Are you going unload and store the equipment you are not using,  or will all the equipment you have need to stay in the van?

I offer all the services you are going to do and I have  an extra long high roof sprinter.  With a Vito you will have to store some equipment in your garage..

The smell is not too bad unless you spill something
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

DT74

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 02:46:48 pm »
Thanks Mike.

Its not problem unloading the van if I've not got a carpet for a few days or the other way round. I was just thinking if i'm doing a drive, gutters and a carpet in one day?  Its a Vito LWB I'm looking at but you're still losing space with the seats.

Cheers

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 08:25:53 pm »
Bigger,

Loading and unloading may seem easy, non hassle but I can tell you after  blasting drives, car parks or buildings for 8  hrs + you'll be in no shape to unload and certainly not inclined to

Look any a relay or boxer with high roof and L2 or L3 length - hi top also a must we have a vivaro and its a ball ache just loading a gutter vac system in it

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

chrissyman

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 10:33:43 pm »
Had a mercedes vito mate.  Wouldnt buy again tbh...cost of repair can get pretty pricey in comparison to say a transit.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 07:07:15 am »
I would separate the carpet cleaning equipment that you need to take indoors from the pressure washing & gutter cleaning equipment  which stays outside, I wouldn’t carry both at the same time you need to keep your carpet cleaning equipment clean not getting put next to dirty buckets and shovels or brushes full of crap.

Exterior cleaning is mucky business you can’t help messing up the back of your van.

Even though we have a massive van we still unload equipment we are not using on that day, we never mix exterior & interior cleaning on the same day, you even need to wear different clothes
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

DT74

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 08:23:18 am »
Thanks fellas

Yes it looks like a bigger van is needed. I hadn't thought about the height before now - cheers.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 07:19:07 am »
I stopped doing multiple services a long time ago but what I did was use a big piece of plywood to make a kind of bulk head to split the van into two compartments.

All the clean stuff, carpet gear etc on the side door. Then all the window, pressure and gutter stuff at the back.

It worked well but was cluttered at the back trying to get everything in and that was a similar sized van to a Vito. It'll fit no doubt just becomes a tangled mess.