Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robroy

Estimating Software
« on: October 26, 2019, 07:44:09 pm »
What software is available for estimating etc, I found one that looked good (cleaners mate) but then says its not for sale any more only support  :(
The quota looks good for facebook, although i havent got a page set up yet  :)

Raymondo

Re: Estimating Software
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 09:48:29 pm »
We are now using get booked up as it is database as well as doing quotes and invoices.

We were using quicken to do our invoices we had a separate program as our database and we used excel to do quotes on a spreadsheet.

Get booked does it all.

About 15 years ago I wanted to start using a laptop and battery printer to do quotes felt my handwriting was not good.

We had a customer who taught excel to businesses so asked him a design some spreadsheets for us he did 4 separate spreadsheets for us carpets upholstery rugs leather etc.

Bought a book on excel had a play with what he designed and adjusted a few things then he finished it off.

Was able to type sizes in and it worked out the price for us able to put discounts in as well, worked really well.

I think it cost us at the time for 400.00 for him to design them. They worked really well for nearly 15 years we used them.

Robroy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 12:08:58 am »
How does it work the cost out from room sizes  per sq m ?
Also Is it cloud based , can you send estimates from the customers house to their email ?
Just had a look there is a free version , what do you have ?

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:33:47 am »
Robroy

the best tip I was ever given was to give three prices,  with a cheap clean, middle and high spec, it works because it gives the prospect choice of what they want to pay you. not a choice between you and some other carpet cleaner.

If you only give one price they might like you but not your price. In the UK we dont haggle which is a major problem. why dont people question a price. they can see that between three different carpet cleaners that might be a massive price difference.

One other reason why its good to give three prices is, why should someone that has stained carpets, never vacs, does not move anything for you, pay the same price as someone that has stain free carpets, take care of then and move stuff for you?  what interesting is the dirty person always wants a cheap price.

When you remove a stain this is not just cleaning its restoration. the time and money and skill should not just be given away.

Ian

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 07:18:38 am »
Get booked up really transformed my business.
You can use other quoting apps plenty out there but get booked up is a complete marketing suite.
The only downside is that it isn't cloud based but honestly my sales have doubled since using it.

Great software and support is excellent.

Raymondo

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:00:04 am »
It took us a while to work out and start using get booked up. We still had the old spreadsheets that worked fine but the database we were using would not work on windows 10 so had a change at some point.

So last April made the decision we were completely moving over to the new program.

Alan Simmons has created some tutorials that were helpful and we were able to ring them with any questions we had. Spoke to them at the Harrogate show and they were able to help us then with a few thing.

We have the program on a memory stick so are able to share it between our laptop and the office computer.