This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Grippa Red ?
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:24:16 am »
Is the object of it to cope better with the heat or is it that it retains the heat better whilst laid out ?

Also is there a noticeable difference for definite , thoughts please Ta !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Splash & dash

Re: Grippa Red ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:02:10 am »
  We use it on on reel and normal yellow micro ore on the other , it is more like a rubber hose in use it’s a bit heavier and swells up more with heat , u don’t think the water temperature is much different with either to be honest , it does last twice as long as yellow , but is heavier , would I buy more of it not sure , it is nice  , .

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 12:12:10 pm »
Much the same as above.

It’s way more heavy duty and hard wearing, but in use, it’s a bit more work. Heavier, more grippy etc.
It’s a little too much for a waterworks powered reel too, it expands in use and can start to make the reel clip the chain as it rotates.

I did hear that Grippa have brought a new hot water hose out but Im not sure?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 01:01:50 pm »
Right thanks guys , I won’t bother then as the negatives appear to outweigh the positives, I did have some a few years ago and found all of the above , I think it was 8mm and came from Wintecs maybe

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 06:10:58 pm »
i use the red 6mm hose from pure freedom......good hose for hot water...highly recommended....👍mines nearly 2 years old and showing no signs of wear yet.....the yellow hose from gardiners i used to use started  delaminating with hot..... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 06:25:42 pm »
i use the red 6mm hose from pure freedom......good hose for hot water...highly recommended....👍mines nearly 2 years old and showing no signs of wear yet.....the yellow hose from gardiners i used to use started  delaminating with hot..... ::)roll

Same as Dazmond. Red hose better quality than lighter yellow hose which delaminates and leaks like a sieve with pin holes after a short while.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 07:28:15 pm »

Problem with it is it’s very prone to shrinking in length so Ime told by ones who have it

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 08:15:40 pm »
That’s just old age mate  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 07:23:28 pm »

Problem with it is it’s very prone to shrinking in length so Ime told by ones who have it

no it doesnt....its fine......in fact its the best microbore ive ever used for hot water use.....
price higher/work harder!

DeLuce

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 10:00:54 pm »
Is the object of it to cope better with the heat or is it that it retains the heat better whilst laid out ?

Also is there a noticeable difference for definite , thoughts please Ta !

Both of the above compared with my yellow microbore that I put on. The yellow swelled up quite a bit , whereas the red GrippaTank hose was much better at coping with the heat.
It is more weight to throw about , and tends to snag more easily on obstacles than the yellow hose, but hey, you can’t have everything  :D.   Long lasting and tough.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 11:23:47 pm »

no it doesnt....its fine......in fact its the best microbore ive ever used for hot water use.....

I can assure you it’s a known problem they have replaced loads of it evan in the last few months ,