This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: No more battery sharing !
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 05:21:46 pm »
Oh , well in that case I may need to sort my MPPT out  ,  I’m sure it’s running on a preset , was told to leave it on that by the supplier.
Going to grab a screen shot of settings , maybe a custom setup should be programmed ?

Spruce, let me know if any of it needs adjustment will you please ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 05:37:48 pm »
These  are current settings , any of it need a tickle ?

Spruce

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2019, 08:53:39 pm »
These  are current settings , any of it need a tickle ?

What I suggest you do is contact Victron and them ask what settings they recommend advising you have a maintenance free lead acid 110 amp leisure battery in a moving van using "X" number of amps of battery current a day.

The settings you are using are for deep discharge GEL batteries. On my Sterling unit these batteries require a different charging profile to the flooded lead acid batteries.

I'm also a bit iffy about the 16.2v equalization charge.  I see is not automatic but I think this applies more to a stationery battery and I believe this voltage is too high for a sealed LB.
My Sterling unit doesn't have this conditioning program.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2019, 07:47:33 pm »
Well today was a success, only did 4 hours of work (lazy git)  :D
Had pump and heater running constantly for the 4 hours and only used 15.5 Amps , but I did pull in 7.5 Amps through the solar so only really took 8 Amps out of the battery.
Going by that I should only use 24 Amps for my usual day even if no solar comes in at all !
That’s 25% of my battery capacity which is a great result .
Downside is I have to take the battery out each night , but upside is when I turn the key at the end of the day I get home  ;D ;D