This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kikjason

Plasterers
« on: October 18, 2019, 09:55:22 am »
Quick question.. Why don't plasters cover windows and doors when they work... They do my nut in leaving plaster all over windows.. First house this morning plaster all over outside windows and doors :'(

Jonny 87

Re: Plasterers
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 11:08:16 am »
The problem is....... and I’m
Guilty of it too....... is sorting it for the customer without any hassle. I’ve seen me take an hour for an £8 house because I felt bad.  ???

If we all make a stand and always say......”sorry, you’ll need to get the plasterer back to finish his job”, then eventually they might learn.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 11:55:30 am »
That’s what I did when a new customer said their frames are still dirty after a 1st clean. Turned out that the frames were full of stickers- I told them to get the builders back as it’s a new build. Someone’s been paid to do the job already so they need to come back and do it properly . Customer was fine about it

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 12:07:35 pm »
The problem is....... and I’m
Guilty of it too....... is sorting it for the customer without any hassle. I’ve seen me take an hour for an £8 house because I felt bad.  ???

If we all make a stand and always say......”sorry, you’ll need to get the plasterer back to finish his job”, then eventually they might learn.

Surely the customer would understand  that you  have to charge more if their covered in plaster....if it's just one window I'll do it for no extra charge but not a whole house,no chance....

price higher/work harder!

kikjason

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 01:57:16 pm »
Amazes me how they get it on outside when there plastering inside ;)

NWH

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 04:09:37 pm »
I said that to a customer you’ll have to get them to come back and they did,the worst thing you can do is let a plasterer or builder see you pull up so they know the house has a window cleaner when they are doing work before you say I’ll come back after you’ve finished.
A plasterer at a house I do made an absolute right mess I refused to clean,like I say she got him back and he made an effort to clean them up a bit.