Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

Are Grippa Struggling?
« on: October 17, 2019, 02:34:48 pm »
I asked them for a quote a couple of years back but found it way too pricey.

This last 3 months I've been getting an email per month asking for me to get in touch to see if I had changed my mind about buying a system.

I sent an email back, in the end, asking not to be emailed anymore, to be fair the lady agreed and they have not been emailing since.

I bet there must only be a small minority of window cleaners willing to part with so much money, even on finance your going to be paying out large sums each month for "5 YEARS" its staggering!

Maybe they're running out of rich window cleaners to sell to?

NWH

Re: Are Grippa Struggling?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 02:51:17 pm »
There stuff is quality well fitted and they know what they are on about,tell them what you want and they’ll do there best to give you it.
You can’t beat buying our equipment from people who have been window cleaners in the past or present,they know what will work best,pay little get a little.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 03:49:09 pm »
To be fair, I’ve had work done by them as wasn’t all that impressed.

Everyone raves about them, but I was dropped off in Royston, told it’d be a couple of hours. 7 hours later they sent a taxi to pick me up. All they had to do was fit a through floor hose guide.

I even bought a brand new clover reel from them at the end of the day, despite the fact I’d had the most boring day on earth sitting in coffee shops wating for them!

I’m sure i just had a bad experience, but it has put me off using them for anything in the future.

Then there’s the argument of why pay so much for them to fit a system, when it’s so easy to do yourself...

All the best to them though. I don’t like to see any business struggle - if they even are struggling! I’m sure they’re doing fine, let’s face it, while Daz is on the scene, they’ll be making dough!  ;D

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 04:06:17 pm »
I asked them for a quote a couple of years back but found it way too pricey.

This last 3 months I've been getting an email per month asking for me to get in touch to see if I had changed my mind about buying a system.

I sent an email back, in the end, asking not to be emailed anymore, to be fair the lady agreed and they have not been emailing since.

I bet there must only be a small minority of window cleaners willing to part with so much money, even on finance your going to be paying out large sums each month for "5 YEARS" its staggering!

Maybe they're running out of rich window cleaners to sell to?

Hello,

We are pleased to hear our new sales system is working nicely :)

We actively maintain a "sales enquiry pipeline" which means once customers have had quotes, we will contact them at later date to make sure they have received their quote, and also to make sure we have quoted correctly. Every customer and system we installed is slightly different in order to meet a customers wishes, so its always important to talk over a quote after its been sent.

It is can be often a tricky balance between making sure we do follow up on quotes provided to seek feedback and not hounding our customers. We do not believe in pushy sales tactics, and believe a customer should purchase what is right for them at the time that is right for them.  As such, we recently updated our automated sales system which means the enquiry will bounce back for our attention for an update from a customer, but of course should a customer chose not to proceed, the enquiry is then closed.

With regard to pricing - whilst it is true that we are not the cheapest in the market, we are also not the most expensive in the market.  Our systems comes with our unique on site installation and 1 years on site warranty call out (for cold systems) and 3 years on site warranty call out (for hot systems). This obviously is not a cheap service to be able to provide to our customers (especially with the cost of vehicles and wages for on site support), but based on our customer feedback, this, along with our product is a key reason why they chose us.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 04:09:04 pm »

Everyone raves about them, but I was dropped off in Royston, told it’d be a couple of hours. 7 hours later they sent a taxi to pick me up. All they had to do was fit a through floor hose guide.

I even bought a brand new clover reel from them at the end of the day, despite the fact I’d had the most boring day on earth sitting in coffee shops wating for them!

I’m sure i just had a bad experience, but it has put me off using them for anything in the future.

Then there’s the argument of why pay so much for them to fit a system, when it’s so easy to do yourself...

All the best to them though. I don’t like to see any business struggle - if they even are struggling! I’m sure they’re doing fine, let’s face it, while Daz is on the scene, they’ll be making dough!  ;D

Hi Zesty,

Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the experience you had with us.  Royston is certainly not the biggest town, although it has very good links into Cambridge and London which many of our customers take advantage of.

If you would like to discuss your experience, please do contact us on 01223 790049 and we would be happy to chat.

If you would prefer not to, we wish you all the very best for the future :)
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 04:18:24 pm »

Hi Zesty,

Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the experience you had with us.  Royston is certainly not the biggest town, although it has very good links into Cambridge and London which many of our customers take advantage of.

If you would like to discuss your experience, please do contact us on 01223 790049 and we would be happy to chat.

Unfortunately I couldn’t get anywhere as my van was with you guys and I was dropped off in Royston by yourselves.

It wouldn’t have been a problem if it was a couple of hours, but you must have been too busy that day. Yes Royston is majorly boring, I sat in Costa. Then the library. Then some pub with an upstairs seating area. I rung a couple of times but your phone guy just said ‘it’ll be done soon’.

Anyway it was three years ago. So I’ve now just about recovered from the boredom 😁.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 05:04:32 pm »
There is a train station in Royston.  Cambridge is only a short train ride.  That's what I did on my first visit.  The second visit with them they dropped me in Cambridge and made it a nice day out.

Can't fault their service.    Each to there own of you use them or not.   But I am glad I did.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 05:41:41 pm »
me and my missus had a great day out in cambridge while they were working on my van..... 8)..loads of nice cafe/bistro type places to eat......loved it......👍
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 05:46:32 pm »

all i had fitted was a 9kw hot water system......a lot cheaper than ionics thats for sure.....and despite a few teething problems grippa customer service was second to none in sorting out my initial problem......

zesty

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 06:32:29 pm »
There is a train station in Royston.  Cambridge is only a short train ride.  That's what I did on my first visit.  The second visit with them they dropped me in Cambridge and made it a nice day out.

Can't fault their service.    Each to there own of you use them or not.   But I am glad I did.

The problem was i was told it’d only be a couple if hours, so I just hung on.

If they’d have rung me and said ‘sorry it’s going to be a lot longer’ i might have gone elsewhere, but unfortunately was told ‘it’s nearly done’.

As said, water under the bridge. But that was my experience. 😎

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 06:38:04 pm »
Yep,  I remeber the library, and many laps around the park for the final stint of my wait  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 08:02:19 pm »
I got hit the same when I had crewvan windows put in my T4 , middle of Devon , sleepy town , got told 2 hours and wait for call , took a jaunt to the local greasy spoon , 30 minute walk each way and time to eat should fill 2 hours I thought .
5 hours later I got my call  >:(
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

advanced

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 08:07:15 pm »
I  have  a cold system fitted last year and would highly recommend for quality  and customer services

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 08:07:25 pm »
I’m just glad I had the monster all day brekkie  ;D ;D ;D

zesty

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 08:24:50 pm »
I’m just glad I had the monster all day brekkie  ;D ;D ;D

At least you could spend the next couple of hours digesting the food 😜

Ooooooog

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 08:30:18 pm »
What do they do? Bung a tank, a pump, battery and some hoses in your van?

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 08:34:04 pm »
They didn’t do a lot on Zestys by the sound of it  ;D
Perhaps Dazs was in on the same day !

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 08:39:03 pm »
I have to say though , it must be a bit of a headache, let’s not forget that every van is different and there is no blueprint for fitting systems , even more so with the retro add on Grippa , as far as I have heard nobody has really suffered in there hands , unlike some of the competition out there !

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 08:40:01 pm »

Daz was in the day before me.   ;D

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 08:41:36 pm »

See , and you got yours  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2019, 09:05:23 pm »

it was the day after you had your system fitted mate if i recall correctly......6th december 2017...... ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2019, 09:08:50 pm »

it was the day after you had your system fitted mate if i recall correctly......6th december 2017...... ;)

Better memory than me haha.

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 10:42:21 pm »

That was when I saw your van up there Daz.

Jonny 87

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2019, 08:01:18 am »

Hi Zesty,

Unfortunately I couldn’t get anywhere as my van was with you guys and I was dropped off in Royston by yourselves.

It wouldn’t have been a problem if it was a couple of hours, but you must have been too busy that day. Yes Royston is majorly boring, I sat in Costa. Then the library. Then some pub with an upstairs seating area. I rung a couple of times but your phone guy just said ‘it’ll be done soon’.

Anyway it was three years ago. So I’ve now just about recovered from the boredom 😁.

As has been said, There is train links that you could get nearly anywhere to from Royston.

My service has been perfect with grippatank. Me and the missus got dropped off in Cambridge for the day, went round the gardens, shops, out for lunch, it was excellent. Then we were picked up and brought back to the workshop for my new shiny hot water system.

Couldn’t fault them what so ever, and I know from
Speaking to others, they are incredibly busy.

The emails will just be sales and advertising, that will No doubt be part of why are they doing so well.

My next van and system will definitely be with grippatank. Wouldn’t even think of going anywhere else. 
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

zesty

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2019, 12:55:05 pm »
Jonny I’ve said this about 8 million times now, I was told it’d be a couple of hours. Hence why I stayed in Royston.

When I rung after 2 hours  (not emailed) I was told by the well spoken phone guy (who works for them as a telephone man 👨)  that it will be done soon. Again, hence why is didn’t go the Cambridge etc.

I was also on my own, so not really bothered about site seeing, just wanted it done.

Again, this was 2016. I’m sure Oliver has probably learnt from this.

You can only go by your own experience 👍🏼

deeege

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2019, 11:35:00 pm »
Jonny I’ve said this about 8 million times now, I was told it’d be a couple of hours. Hence why I stayed in Royston.

When I rung after 2 hours  (not emailed) I was told by the well spoken phone guy (who works for them as a telephone man 👨)  that it will be done soon. Again, hence why is didn’t go the Cambridge etc.

I was also on my own, so not really bothered about site seeing, just wanted it done.

Probably should have spent the day in Cambridge, Zesty. 🤷‍♂️

/joking 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Don Kee

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 08:58:31 am »
Dunno why you didn’t get the train Zesty, you can get to anywhere from Royston apparently!!

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 09:20:19 am »
Is this Royston Vasey  off the TV programme ?
Strange place that  !

Don Kee

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2019, 09:28:24 am »
Is this Royston Vasey  off the TV programme ?
Strange place that  !

What was the train service like?

zesty

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2019, 02:17:20 pm »

Probably should have spent the day in Cambridge, Zesty. 🤷‍♂️

/joking 😂

😂😂😂