Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

phasing out collecting.....
« on: October 14, 2019, 05:47:26 pm »
i think the time has come after 26 years....... ;D......

hopefully ill be free of collecting by the end of the year.......around half my customers pay by BACS now,a few standing orders,the rest cash/cheque or card payments.....

ive noticed over the last few months more and more customers i collect from are using a contactless card to pay me...its a double whammy for me because i get charged for card payments and the time and diesel to collect from them..... ::)roll

so all new "windows cleaned today"slips have bank details on and ill be informing customers im stopping collecting by the end of the year....its either pay on the day of clean if their in(cash/cheque/card payment)or pay by BACS or set up a standing order..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: phasing out collecting.....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:13:17 pm »
Have you just arrived in a DeLorean?  :D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 06:13:56 pm »
Welcome to the present day   ;D

lozsing

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 07:03:17 pm »
goodbye xmas tips lol

Spotfree

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 07:52:50 pm »
Had one today "sorry I missed you-will you be calling for the money?

10 years ago maybe.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:11:21 pm »
Lol we stoped collecting 10 years ago .

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 08:23:46 pm »
Does Cleaner Plannner run on a ZX Spectrum?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Crystal-clear

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 09:16:38 pm »
The penny has dropped then I thought you recently said it's ingrained in your window cleaning blood for 26 years.:).

No collecting just clean windows double up then triple up and then collect for 3x the clean if you have too but by then they normally pretty much pay keeping you collecting free for many years like a lot of other window cleaners these days!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 09:18:34 pm »
deep ingrained habits are hard to shake off...many of you will not have been window cleaning as long as me....... ;D

when i started in 1993 i  was collecting for around 4 hours a week once id built up a fair size round(2 on a fri and 2 on a monday)...now its down to around 2-3 hours a month....

the hardest part will be getting all the extra phone numbers ill need for when they switch to BACS payments,some of my older less tech savvy customers will either still pay cash/card payment/cheque on the day or ill get them to set up a standing order(if their normally out when i clean theirs)......others will be delighted im not disturbing them on a cold dark night in the middle of winter...... ;D

the annoying thing is i get customers who ll pay by BACS then not text me a contact number...i have to hound them for one......even though ill write on their slip PLEASE TEXT/EMAIL ME WITH A CONTACT NUMBER FOR MY RECORDS..... ::)roll

once i have their mobile number its pretty straightforward then....i can send a  text reminder if need be which is much better than physically having to knock their door in the evening....

Crystal-clear

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 09:47:55 pm »
26 years is definitely a long time!
With the old customers you could ask them to give the slip to their son friend or family member who can help them do a transfer or likewise perhaps  the standing order although standing orders aint very good because you know yourself we get delayed!
Should save yourself about 40 hours a year you know what that's worth to you :)
You might get the one stubborn one and that's fine just let it be but say you might collect it when it goes up to three times
Good luck with it !

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »
Daz , considering you have all the latest gear I’m amazed that you were still collecting , what have you been thinking man  ???
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 10:07:04 pm »
26 years is definitely a long time!
With the old customers you could ask them to give the slip to their son friend or family member who can help them do a transfer or likewise perhaps  the standing order although standing orders aint very good because you know yourself we get delayed!
Should save yourself about 40 hours a year you know what that's worth to you :)
You might get the one stubborn one and that's fine just let it be but say you might collect it when it goes up to three times
Good luck with it !

standing orders are ok i find.....i dont get delayed mate....if i do its only a week or two due to holidays usually and i can fit them in early if need be

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 10:13:39 pm »
Daz , considering you have all the latest gear I’m amazed that you were still collecting , what have you been thinking man  ???

its been dwindling for years now mate as virtually all new work picked up in the last few years pay by BACS.......but theres always been some to do......

colin bird

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 06:36:38 am »
Have you just arrived in a DeLorean?  :D

Classic !!! Made me laugh

Phil J

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 07:34:23 am »
Daz, we've also gone decimal. Don't forget your change bag.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 08:50:18 am »
The penny has dropped then I thought you recently said it's ingrained in your window cleaning blood for 26 years.:).

No collecting just clean windows double up then triple up and then collect for 3x the clean if you have too but by then they normally pretty much pay keeping you collecting free for many years like a lot of other window cleaners these days!
So in other words you still collect but around an hour a year...... ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 11:46:10 am »
Daz, do you still suck Spangles?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:27 am »

So in other words you still collect but around an hour a year...... ;D

Haha precisely actually I think for this year it's about 10 minutes collected a 5 x clean slightly out of the way home:)
By about 2 or 3 stragglers tend to do a transfer just send reminders ;)
More time watching Eastenders why not :)