This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

water flow
« on: October 10, 2019, 01:17:55 pm »
when I rinse off the glass I always have my flow on maximum output as I personally believe in doing so I get a better job done and I don't mind how much water I use as I have a 650 ltr tank

I have seen over cleaners who seem to turn down their flow down somewhat to almost to a trickle

what do you prefer …. fast or slow flow?

alank

Re: water flow
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 01:29:12 pm »
I rinse on using max flow all the time extreme brushes and fan jets.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 01:56:18 pm »
Full flow or 90 out of 99 on the controller.

Slow flow rate makes rinsing take ages.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:54 pm »
I don't use a controller, just flat out on the pump...because the faster you can rinse the faster you can clean windows.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 04:07:11 pm »
my  controller is on 40-45  most of the time and its gushing out on that setting....99 is just too much IMO....absolutely no need....i cleaned 10 jobs today in 5 hours and i used nearly all 500L.......
price higher/work harder!

capn sparkle

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 05:34:02 pm »
I'm sure it depends on what you're cleaning!

Large volumes of plate glass - higher the better.
Residential with lots of vents - I find a gentle approach works better for me

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 07:35:12 pm »
Only need enough water to sheet down the glass, any more is just a waste.
I have 4-6 jets or rinse bars on and 63-68 is ample water flow.
Too much water  cascading down the glass from the top on hot days and the glass dries at the bottom dirty before the water cascades down properly and if the flow is too fast tend to get splash backs at the bottom of the glass, so pointless using excessive water for the sake of too fast a flow.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 07:37:56 pm »
I have mine on 50 out of 99..

99 is ridiculously high no need.

Only time I would bump it up to 99 is if I was rinsing glass conservatory roofs.

Slash

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 07:57:55 pm »
35 on my controller,not too slow and not too fast.anything over 50 is ridiculous.

Windy Miller

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 07:59:30 pm »
45 out of 99 on the controller. Any higher seems to mean water entering vents or splashing around the reveals running dirt everywhere. Slightly higher on particularly hydrophobic glass.

There's a video on Green Pro Clean's YouTube channel showing how to measure the ideal flow by timing how long it takes to fill a certain volume of water. Never tried it but it did seem a rather weak flow to me.

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 08:01:40 pm »
35cm brush - 4 fan jets - flow on 85

Plankton

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 09:17:56 pm »
Pumps on 25 and turned it up to 45 for a first clean today.
Why waste pure water? I go through enough resin.
I honestly don't know how people see others using a trickle of water. I've seen it on here before but seriously how does one see that? I can't see what my worker uses and I watch him now and then. I set the pumps and tell him how to work accordingly.
Working with no control means working fast all day which is ok for three hours but not for seven or eight. Your wasting money end of, no argument here if your not using a control or a valve it's 💰 down the drain

zesty

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 09:19:46 pm »
It’s a very personal thing.

There is no right or wrong, what works well for one, doesn’t for the other.

I hate anything but 3mm jets and high flow.

Then another might like rinse bars and lower flow.

Who cares, do what works for you and crack on crackers!

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 10:56:58 pm »
you get a better flow with hot water(lower viscosity)so i dont need to have it on full blast esp during the colder months
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 11:17:42 pm »
Slower the flow, slower the rinse

Particularly noticeable on hydrophobic glass.

I always run my pump flat out, I've had it before where the battery gets low and the flow drops, I can't stand it, it takes forever to rinse.

zesty

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 01:47:43 pm »
Slower the flow, slower the rinse

Particularly noticeable on hydrophobic glass.

I always run my pump flat out, I've had it before where the battery gets low and the flow drops, I can't stand it, it takes forever to rinse.

Your the same as me mate, chasing dirt/grit/etc down the glass with low flow is painful.

High flow creates a big heavy sheet of water that rinses quicker.

But each to there own.... it’s all gravy.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 04:08:42 pm »
Flat out for me every system is different what’s a high flow for some isn’t for others what with there particular pump or calibration etc,I use the distance out the brush head guide if it’s 12-15ft away from me when I point the brush it’s a good flow.
The amount of blokes I see with a flow of 6” or a foot out the brush lol,I drove past a bloke in a village I know I went up the road and turned round and he was still rinsing the same pane of glass 😆.
I said how you finding WFPole he said yeah not bad not a lot quicker than ladders though if I’m honest 😂

Plankton

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 09:15:11 pm »
These"Village People" can be a queer lot though!

mufcglen

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 09:09:13 am »
I only use 3mm pencil jets and at a fairly high rate 60-70 and you end up using less water as your not having to rinse as much as its washing down quite intensely at that, I’ve seen lads using 2mm pencil jets and half the water is bouncing off the window as it’s so thin and jetted, with 3mm its all going on the glass!!
Hot water helps make everything flow too I find!

zesty

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 09:16:49 am »
I only use 3mm pencil jets and at a fairly high rate 60-70 and you end up using less water as your not having to rinse as much as its washing down quite intensely at that, I’ve seen lads using 2mm pencil jets and half the water is bouncing off the window as it’s so thin and jetted, with 3mm its all going on the glass!!
Hot water helps make everything flow too I find!

Spot on, that’s why I’ve always been a big advocate of 3mm jets. No splash back. Less work for the pump and battery. Faster rinsing. All good in da hood!!