This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnwillan

Re: Paying employees a percentage & expected daily turnover
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 04:01:19 pm »
Yes, agree, it is flawed logic to compare rounds, because you are not comparing like with like, they are all completely different.

I referred to Daniel Pink's video in my previous post,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrvAUbU9Y

which claims that to solve the puzzle of how to motivate team members, it is not JUST about what you pay them.

Other factors are at play, according to him,

Specifically, they want: autonomy (to a certain extent, to be able to do the work with a degree of autonomy), Mastery, (to be able to get really good at a specific skill), and purpose, to have a wider purpose than just earning cash

Any thoughts on what he's claiming in his video?

Hi Oliver

You might want to read...

Upside Down Management - John Timpson 
The Richer Way - Julian Richer
Nuts! - Kevin & Jackie Freiberg

All three focus on putting the employee first, customer second, profit third , they promote employing on personality, looking after the good and getting rid of the bad.

HTH

John

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 04:03:41 pm »
I would say pay them more than they will get doing other unskilled jobs or labouring or shop work etc they are more likely to stick at it if they think they’ll get similar work in the warm especially this time of the year.
It’s not all about the money but in a lot of cases it is people need a certain amount to get by,

i think this hits the nail on the head. everyone has a minimun amount of money they need to get by. this is different for everyone. so long as they are getting this amount they will stick at the job if it makes them feel good. feeling good can be feeling part of a team, and doing a job they feel they are good at. and of course feeling they are providing a service that people appreciate and they can feel proud of.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2019, 04:06:02 pm »
The trouble is it’s a different world today you speak to some people about money and they aren’t happy with anything,it’s been a long long time since I’ve spoken to people employed by trades-gardeners etc that have had a good word to say about there bosses.
I think you just have to pay people a decent wage for what they do or more than they’d get doing similar,I don’t think you can get away with it today like you do 10-20 years ago,cash in hand is not as doable as it once was