This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.A.J

dazmond

Re: thanks to rich for the univalve service video!
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2019, 06:45:55 pm »
Got about 6 that don’t work! Going to try this  ;D but trying to find a shop that sells silicon grease is impossible  :o looks like amazon will be getting my money

Just use petroleum jelly mate....that's what I did...does the same job....works a treat....👍
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2019, 12:51:43 pm »
I predict..........

Steve is working on a new design which doesn’t allow us to take it apart. 😬

I hope not though. I think as soon as the rubber seal goes I will buy new. Using silicone grease really prolongs the life of them.

Haven’t had to buy a new one in two years so far.  :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2019, 01:24:37 pm »
If Steve does manage to make it a sealed  unit  then this will do the same job , just set the univalve to open , place the nozzle straw into the short piece of pole hose and blast a load of this through it  !

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=255223&productId=939829&storeId=10001
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Jonny 87

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2019, 07:42:05 pm »
If Steve does manage to make it a sealed  unit  then this will do the same job , just set the univalve to open , place the nozzle straw into the short piece of pole hose and blast a load of this through it  !

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=255223&productId=939829&storeId=10001

Aha! There’s a work around then. That’s good.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2019, 08:24:47 pm »
If the O ring dies it’s chuck away , but as it’s a weird size it always has been that way anyway, so nothing gained by a retooling !

P @ F

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2019, 08:28:21 pm »
In fact it would probably cost him more for warranty claims this way , if we can’t get in it neither can he !
Instead of him replacing a part he will have to supply new one every time  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2019, 07:15:57 am »
In fact it would probably cost him more for warranty claims this way , if we can’t get in it neither can he !
Instead of him replacing a part he will have to supply new one every time  ;D

Thats very true!

Looks like us tinkerers are safe for now.  ;D

S.A.J

SB Cleaning

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2019, 09:57:52 pm »
Machine Mart don’t stock it! Online only
Just order some off Ebay it will be here in a couple of days ;D