Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Gardiner indoor glass cleaning system. Is it any good?
« on: August 26, 2019, 09:49:23 am »
We do a bit of indoor commerical and sometimes the windows would require ladders or long reach traditional.

Has anyone used this and found it a solid tool?

thanks

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Simon Trapani

Re: Gardiner indoor glass cleaning system. Is it any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:49:13 pm »
Have used the Vikan kit. It's a handy tool for high or awkward to reach windows as long as the windows are cleaned regularly. Also handy above automatic doors. I've found it's not great on a quarterly garden centre for example or commercial kitchen windows. Can't beat a squeegee, scraper & fairy for those imo.

I also find you have to have the pad just the right dampness. Too wet and it'll smear, too dry & you can't move it without crashing into the frame.  The tool swivels well,  although doesn't always get right into the edges or corners, probably about a centimetre or so out. It's surprising how much effort it can take but on the whole I prefer it to taking ladders indoors with mitts etc. We don't don't do many insides though. I also kept forgetting to pick up the spray bottle & left it on the first two jobs I used it on.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 06:06:30 pm »
As above really - they have their place - if your doing a first clean then you will need to go over the glass twice (at least)

I've found that for first cleans I use the Unger pads that have a long pile - similar to a mop as these really suck up the dirt then use the vikan pads or wrap a fish scale microfibre over the pad head you can then use an almost endless supply of rags on a job at a fraction of the price.

ps - you can get pad heads much cheaper from elsewhere

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 07:08:10 pm »
have either of you used the vikan kit along with the gardiner backpack and setup on their website?

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/indoor-specialized/indoor-glass-cleaning/indoor-cleaning-system.html

and is that worthwhile? or should i just take the vikan on its own?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 08:59:32 pm »
I've never used it with my Gardiner's backpack.

I think combined with the backpack it's place would be for if you were cleaning lots of high glass in one hit & didn't want to keep bringing the pole down to re-wet the pad. Not the sort of jobs I'd want to take on personally.

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 09:34:35 pm »
I've never used it with my Gardiner's backpack.

I think combined with the backpack it's place would be for if you were cleaning lots of high glass in one hit & didn't want to keep bringing the pole down to re-wet the pad. Not the sort of jobs I'd want to take on personally.

Problem is after one wet the pad usually needs changed so the pole still needs lowered, I foolishly spent £400 on a Dragonfly kit before thinking of that.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 09:59:43 pm »
yes agree - sounds great in theory but the pad itself won't do much more than a single pane so your going tube dropping the pole anyway.

I still have the indoor pole that came with a small water container built in - what a waste of time and effort

might be worth learning to use a wagtail.

I also have a window vac conversion which actually works very well  ;D - que the moans and groans

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 02:34:53 pm »
Hi. One of our guys (franchisee) purchased the Gardiner indoor kit for some high internal work in some police stations we clean. His words not mine :- 'Fantastic'
Cut the time down from 3 hours to 1.5
Hope this helps. 

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 02:57:52 pm »
Hi. One of our guys (franchisee) purchased the Gardiner indoor kit for some high internal work in some police stations we clean. His words not mine :- 'Fantastic'
Hope this helps.

from what method ?

Darran

zesty

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 03:36:26 pm »
I used to use the vikan  kit for the indoors of a car showroom I do, it started off ok, but over time it was smearing. Your rubbing dirt about really.

I’ve gone back to squeegee.

I think they work for smaller windows, but not large commercial glass.

I am tempted to WFP the inside of the showroom I do, then use a wet dry vac to suck up the water 😜 (don’t think I’ll ever actually do it, but wish I could!)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 08:17:10 pm »
Hope this helps.

from what method ?

Darran

Long pole mop and blading.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 09:04:59 pm »
cheers,

I feel the pain of having to use a mop and squeegee on that sort of work !

I would have thought that it would have been better to try a wagtail - ive seen some great video's - of you can master it I think it would faster than any indoor pad set up

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 11:33:15 pm »
I have been "padding" every commercial job where possible and the results are still the same but some jobs are halved in time.

I use unger pad system and unger stingray system. The stingray is good but the unger pad system is easier and sometimes quicker. Although i am in talks with unger about them making an attachment. I love the stingray fluid though.