Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tommy lawrence

Submersible Water heater
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:28:06 pm »
Hi does anyone/Has anyone used these?

You can get the fully insulated ones for less than £30 on ebay.

I Have quite a large pub/club job to do without a heat exchanger as my mytee hot has gone bang and dont use it often enough to warrant buying another. Quite a bit of black top & I was hoping to fill Rhino flexi tubs with tap hot water and drop some submersible water heaters into them along with the pump hose from my jaguar machine.

I'm assuming they're only the same thing that are built into machines with heat?

1) are they even going to keep the water hot enough?
2) am i just going to end up electrocuting myself?

Thanks in advance

MarkSutcliffe

Re: Submersible Water heater
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 09:32:08 pm »
I had one..

never trusted it tbh, felt it might be a risk..

john martin

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:51:34 pm »
a lot of those on ebay are from far off places , hard to tell if theres an earth wire in there , probably not in most cases . Would be good to have them earthed .
Its probably a messy enough solution but better than nothing .   But a lot of those pup/clubs can do scorching water from the kitchen tap , i would ask them beforehand to to turn it on / up .

JandS

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 07:03:24 pm »
I had one off e bay that looked ok.
Tested how quick it could heat up by filling a bucket with 10 litres of cold and timing it.
After 10 minutes I pulled it out to test the water and the cable was very warm and supple like it was about to melt so I binned it.
Try a proper plumbers supply they might be able to help or get a porty with a heater....the Enforcers are excellent for heat and a really well thought out design and  build quality.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.