Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mac74

Instant Pure Water On Site Question
« on: September 28, 2019, 08:29:05 pm »
Hi all - Has anybody got any experience of making pure water onsite? so IF u did want to make water on site, what is the difference between the unger hydro power and a standard blue 7L vessel, apart from the built in tds meter? Also if u put a in line tds meter on a standard blue vessel somehow, and gave it a good shake, would this have a similar performance to the unger vessel? I looked at a resin calculator and it appears u can make about 300L of pure from 400tds in, from a standard 7L vessel per change? OR is there a better way?  No mains power available, but i could link in two sml 12v batts, to make 24v for a booster pump maybe?  I wonder how long it would take to fill up a 125L (don't ask) tank from tap pressure 40psi (i wouldn't know the flow rate) into a standard vessel? Any help would be great, thanks guys.

nathankaye

Re: Instant Pure Water On Site Question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 09:53:49 pm »
Why? 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

mac74

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 10:29:53 pm »
Its ok, after looking into it during my post, i think the unger model would work better for my/this particular purpose. Sorry it would take me to long to explain the 'why' nat. but thanks 4 looking. Any experience anybody, on the unger hyrdo vessel ? Thanks

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 09:20:38 pm »
There was a discussion a few years back on the Unger di vessel compared to a standard di vessel.
At that time the conclusion was that the high cost of the Unger di vessel with all its fancy add-ons didn't justify the cost, even considering its slightly better efficiency (Unger's claim.)

Unger also sell their resin in a bag which is easy to replace and convenient but is also an expensive option. I believe you can change the resin inside the bag yourself but you need the bag to start with. I have never used Unger resin so have no idea how it compares to Tulsion that I do use.

If you have a supply on site at 400ppm,  I would tend to want to fit a 4040 with an HF5 membranes and filter water into your van tank immediately you start working. You have the supply, you have the van and all you need is a drain for the waste.

At 50psi our 4040 produces about 2lpm of pure.

If it was our van both of us probably use around 3 to 3.5 litres of water a minute. I would say that during our lunch break the r/o would have caught up enough for our tank to last the rest of the day. Depending on your clean and your actual washing and rinsing time, you might even find the r/o would keep up with you.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

STEVE-UK

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 08:55:24 am »
Does adding a pre filter to a DI only increase production volume?