This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Soupy

Re: New customer crack up/drop
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 11:50:39 pm »

To be honest jay saying you will be there between 8 and 12 is a big window of 4 hours for someone to have to
 hang around for you to turnup, when I'm very busy my max window is an hour which most  people accept,
but 4 hours is half a working day for most people.

The window I give is a full day and even that's not guaranteed, could be tomorrow, or after the weekend if it's a wet Friday.

If they give you the ol' "I nEeD tO Be aT HoMe WhEn YoU vIsIt" explain that that's not how it works, if they ain't satisfied with that; walk away.

lal

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 08:07:15 pm »

To be honest jay saying you will be there between 8 and 12 is a big window of 4 hours for someone to have to
 hang around for you to turnup, when I'm very busy my max window is an hour which most  people accept,

The window I give is a full day and even that's not guaranteed, could be tomorrow, or after the weekend if it's a wet Friday.

If they give you the ol' "I nEeD tO Be aT HoMe WhEn YoU vIsIt" explain that that's not how it works, if they ain't satisfied with that; walk away.

Everyone to their  own, we all have different Business models we like to follow.

James Styles

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 12:07:47 pm »
I had a funny one today, texted all my customers day before as always, turn up to one of my customers houses about 10am, knock the door few times as the access is through house, she leans out window shouting “who’s that?!” I say window cleaner she replies “at this time in the morning! Come back later” I said I’m busy will have to be left to next month now, she agrees and goes back to bed.
Think I’ll just drop her, I found it very rude
and her attitude stinks.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 07:00:27 pm »
I had a funny one today, texted all my customers day before as always, turn up to one of my customers houses about 10am, knock the door few times as the access is through house, she leans out window shouting “who’s that?!” I say window cleaner she replies “at this time in the morning! Come back later” I said I’m busy will have to be left to next month now, she agrees and goes back to bed.
and her attitude stinks.

you really dont want jobs where you have to go through the house to access the backs....

cant you canvass areas where you can get round the backs?also go further afield and target more affluent areas,once you have 1 or 2 jobs in the posher areas itll start a snowball affect over time(if you do a good job and are reliable).....
price higher/work harder!

James Styles

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 08:30:56 pm »
and her attitude stinks.

you really dont want jobs where you have to go through the house to access the backs....

cant you canvass areas where you can get round the backs?also go further afield and target more affluent areas,once you have 1 or 2 jobs in the posher areas itll start a snowball affect over time(if you do a good job and are reliable).....

I target roads where the houses have back entrance but there always some houses on the same road that don’t have a gate or access when the people are out and they are the ones who always tend to want a quote lol I’d say about 20% of my customers are ones that I have to walk through the house but I do try and avoid them. I’m keeping them for the moment until I get more full with work on a monthly basis.

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 08:39:29 pm »
and her attitude stinks.

I'd have dropped that one on the spot!

Front only on no back access jobs for me

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 10:09:54 pm »
and her attitude stinks.

Instant flounce and dump.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 08:12:02 am »
the best move i ever made in window cleaning was canvassing in more affluent areas,now i have 300+ jobs in the leafy suburbs/countryside........i sold most of my very local work over 10 years ago now...

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 08:18:45 am »
and her attitude stinks.

I target roads where the houses have back entrance but there always some houses on the same road that don’t have a gate or access when the people are out and they are the ones who always tend to want a quote lol I’d say about 20% of my customers are ones that I have to walk through the house but I do try and avoid them. I’m keeping them for the moment until I get more full with work on a monthly basis.

just offer fronts only then.....if you get a few next door to each other you can still make a reasonably good hourly rate....if they ever want the backs cleaned charged extra for the hassle(double the front only price)...youll find they will only have the backs cleaned once or twice a year! ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 08:38:17 am »
and her attitude stinks.

Instant flounce and dump.

I would drop customers like this too.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny B

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 08:56:05 am »

I always try to be as accommodating as I reasonably can, and I can usually work around customers' requirements. Some however, seem not to be quite so flexible.

I have a run of shop fronts, and one wanted theirs cleaned as soon as they opened. It had a metal cage protecting the shop front which had to be removed first (not by me).

I turned up ten minutes after opening to find they were already in the process of being cleaned by a young lad working in the shop. This had happened before when a friend of mine had this shop, which was one of a number that I took over when he emigrated recently.

I walked in, said to the lady behind the counter "Hi, just letting you know that I am here, so I didn't let you down, but I can see your man has got there before me. I'm just leaving that with you." I then said (smiling) to the young lad "You're doing a grand job and keep up the good work!" and walked out.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 09:00:05 am »
And then dumped them i hope?!

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 09:09:17 am »
And then dumped them i hope?!

Oh yes Simon! I tried to be so diplomatic that it hopefully took them until the following week when they were due again to realize that I wasn't going back!

John

Stoots

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 11:39:45 am »
the best move i ever made in window cleaning was canvassing in more affluent areas,now i have 300+ jobs in the leafy suburbs/countryside........i sold most of my very local work over 10 years ago now...

How far away from where you live do you travel then daz ?

Splash & dash

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 11:58:00 am »
This is precisely why we don’t txt any customers , to be fair this one would not have got past the quoting   stage , you make a rod for your own back by doing this .

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »

Sounds like you earn more than daz even though your in crappy Yorkshire! Daz has jobs under a tenner earning him 40 squid an hour. I’d say your doing pretty well in comparison!!  :D

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2019, 03:38:23 pm »

15 mins