This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Gardiner Quick-LoQ best fix YET..
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 02:49:03 pm »
Herman for goodness sake admit defeat rather than continuing with this drivel , if we get a sticking quick lock fitting Alex replaces them free of charge , the new ones don’t do this now anyway it’s the older ones that have a problem,  so you are trying to fix something that has been resolved

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 03:23:35 pm »

Looks like a proper bought one ;) :)
Thanks for at least trying it.
Regarding sanding or in our case we use a wood rasp file.
We only did half from the end.
Not like in that other video where they did the whole QL.
Know it's only  for your brushes and most people do not swap them out all the time.
But there some people that use QL on other cleaning tools where they swap out tools many times in one day.
So this will make it even easier to change the tools.
[/quote]

Yeah, I swap between a flocked and a mono brush several times a day as I'm getting more and more problems with older leaded windows where the lead is coming loose and the mono takes the lead straight off.

Splash & dash

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 04:11:02 pm »
To a degree I don’t think it matters what brush you use on leaded if the glue is knackered  it will still come off , we use stiff brushes and hot water on everything and occasionally get lead coming off due to the fact it’s very old  nothing to do with the type or style of brush , I Evan had it come off buffing windows trad years ago . If they are that bad tell the customer that it might come off and give them the choice if they want them doing or not .

H MAN

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 04:43:32 am »
Herman for goodness sake admit defeat rather than continuing with this drivel , if we get a sticking quick lock fitting Alex replaces them free of charge , the new ones don’t do this now anyway it’s the older ones that have a problem,  so you are trying to fix something that has been resolved

First IF you have a sticking QL it can be fix in minutes. Wouldn't you??
Not wait for a replacement because you don't feel like fixing it.
Also put a small notch so to be able to change you cleaning tools ON the pole easier.
Hang on why don't you tell Alex to fix that problem as well LOL.
He'd probably tell you to check this video out.
https://youtu.be/Kk83u8Ei8W8

Which would of thought that Alex thought of??

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 07:22:34 am »
Hi Herman, a couple of points.

The forum has to strike a balance when it comes to allowing what members can post. Occasionally a "report to mod" comes through about your posts along the lines of "does he pay for advertising" or "do we have to put up with this persistent (insert relevant word)".

Another is that your posts have some interest to those of us who make personal mods to our equipment to make our day easier.

So for the time being because it is at a hobby and occasionally helpful  level admin have allowed you to continue; however I note that you have been taking a dig from time to time at whoever has made the product in the first place. There is no need for this - especially when the item in question has been modified years ago.

So if you wish to continue just explain what you are doing  without any sniping or digs.

Finally I can only guess that your income comes from "clicks" and maybe this is partly why you put up videos all the time - along with the very altruistic reason of helping us all out.

Please tread more carefully.
It's a game of three halves!

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 10:12:00 am »

Also put a small notch so to be able to change you cleaning tools ON the pole easier.

We order stuff today and it’s delivered by 10 am the next day so it’s not a problem

H MAN

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 10:18:25 am »

We order stuff today and it’s delivered by 10 am the next day so it’s not a problem

[/quote
You sure??? ::)roll
Since you have brought this up if he had already thought of it why didn't he put it on the QL.
This video was done 7/4/2013
And the QL in video was a prototype.
Just saying.

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 11:14:25 am »
Maybe he did - perhaps he run a batch - could be it weakened it and the plastic split from the notch to the hole - JUST SAYING

or

perhaps its not a problem to 99.999999999999999999% of users - thoughts please

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

H MAN

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2019, 11:33:55 am »
Well anyway if you have any of these problems here is the solution.
If you your not interested that's fine.
Just let the other people that are interested do it. :P ;D

p1w1

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 11:36:07 am »
My thought is this,  HMAN is trying look for faults in the quick loc or make ones that are not there  because he may or may not have come up with the quick loc idea but someone else took advantage  and he has a grudge that he can't let go, hence the digs here and there.
From Herman we get melted bits of plastic and tape to bodge things together that are not needed and from someone like Steve from exceed we get water saving devices and attempts at designing new fittings.
All I can say is thank God for British engineering  ;D

H MAN

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 11:55:54 am »
My thought is this,  HMAN is trying look for faults in the quick loc or make ones that are not there  because he may or may not have come up with the quick loc idea but someone else took advantage  and he has a grudge that he can't let go, hence the digs here and there.
From Herman we get melted bits of plastic and tape to bodge things together that are not needed and from someone like Steve from exceed we get water saving devices and attempts at designing new fittings.
As you already know that the QL idea came from myself.
Both Manufacture had seen this video done 7/7/2012  below.
And grateful that at least some manufacture took the idea on.
However there were a few things they missed that needed tweaking.
As try to point out to them but to no avail.
So just do one or another if you like so to make it easier to use.
2 minute mod.
https://youtu.be/nlPHgm03MVc

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2019, 05:54:31 pm »
Its a bit of moulded plastic, thats been around on the open market for 6 years. 

A piece of moulded plastic, thats all. Lets think about this.

HMAN, get over yourself. Its a bit of moulded plastic, not rocket science, not precision engineering, not brain, heart or bunion surgery.

No-one’s interested. You offer nothing new, nothing of any use and nothing that most of us have any reasonable use for.

H MAN

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 10:32:02 pm »
Its a bit of moulded plastic, thats been around on the open market for 6 years. 

A piece of moulded plastic, thats all. Lets think about this.

HMAN, get over yourself. Its a bit of moulded plastic, not rocket science, not precision engineering, not brain, heart or bunion surgery.

No-one’s interested. You offer nothing new, nothing of any use and nothing that most of us have any reasonable use for.

Yes your right if it was that simple why didn't you think of it. ??? :o ::)roll
And the actual shape/concepte of this been used by millions of people.
Just different application.
And you still buy them??

Smudger

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2019, 01:03:05 am »
I see it more clearly now,

Well done Herman for inventing quick loc (weilloc) bad luck for not getting a watertight patent

I see now why you continually bring up this idea, if you can get a tide of users to demand gardiners put in this notch or slightly angle the square outside they will infringe more on your design where you can then sue them

Am I correct?

As before I await your answers - as yet they never come

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

H MAN

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2019, 12:53:16 am »
I see it more clearly now,

Well done Herman for inventing quick loc (weilloc)( bad luck for not getting a watertight patent)

I see now why you continually bring up this idea, if you can get a tide of users to demand gardiners put in this notch or slightly angle the square outside they will infringe more on your design where you can then sue them

Am I correct?

As before I await your answers - as yet they never come

Darran
[/q
 Bad luck for not getting a watertight patent
As said earlier this idea came from another use.
And adapted to QL for pole and /or any other tools where you like to change your tool  out quickly. 
So no way it could of been patented.
Regarding the notch or just an slight bevel on QL it there to make it easier to put the QL on.
Doing these easy small modifications not to make Alex do anything would of been nice.
And would not infringing on anything if the put it on.
But understand just to put that on would be a big cost to do anyway.
At the end of the day all anyone has to do is put a small notch or angle on the edge of the QL JOB DONE!!
Another thing doing this ONLY TO HELP PEOPLE TO DO THERE WORK EASIER.
And no do not get any $$$ gain for another one or anything.
So hope this answer you question???
This is what Alex seen to make him want to make the QL that was July 2012.

Here is another version did before the top one. Take note of the push release button.
https://youtu.be/ZQLkQTlRM-o

And did this one to accommodate normal squeegee scrubber handle also with the quick release button on it.
 Which another manufacture pick up on can you guess which one it was??? 
 https://youtu.be/pYC53TYeiDk

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2019, 08:17:19 am »
Heath Robinson squeegie company ltd.?

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2019, 08:35:20 am »
other than the lead in angle so the pin depresses easier (although I've never had a problem with the way it currently works)

everything else you show is 5 years out of date - why not just stick to a clear and straightforward post showing the lead in and how you do it (file) and leave it at that and drop all the other stuff

best regards
darran

H MAN

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2019, 10:34:56 pm »

Relating to the LQ has nothing to do with engineering but to adapt something that already out there for another prepose.
As we have done and of cause but when you put videos up showing this it is a free for all people are going to have manufactures copy/duplicate  with there own spin on it.
But it appears that you think or believe  I have nothing to do with it at all.
But did they engineer how to actually put on angle adapter also put male QL on any angle adapter so any one can use the  QL without have to get the whole angle adapter.
All this and more without giving any credit to the person that actually developed it.
And manufacture has continually used ideas have put on Youtube.
Picture says it all it is a direct copy of this.
He even said as much can show you a screen shot saying so.
Or why don't you ask him yourself.

Smudger

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2019, 10:56:01 pm »
What are you rambling about ?

no body gives a t@$$ what may have been shown on you tube 7 years ago - only you - what do you want your name moulded onto every quickloc ??

currently Gardiners produce and sell quick loc - after initial problems with sticking the tolerances were altered and now they fit just fine - they even replace any old ones that cause a problem

you've done a slight mod so it can slide on easier - very well done - you've started a thread shown the mod - job done - move on - perhaps even contribute to other threads

Darran

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2019, 10:58:30 pm »
Do they not have care in the community in Australia then?