This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: Professionally Fitted Tank
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 05:46:29 pm »
I’m wondering if vehicle manufacturers test their crumple zones with a full load (commercial) because if they don’t then the extra weight might squat them anyway rather than absorbing the impact.

Ratchet straps? Too many variables for me, did the straps come from the pound shop? Are the mounting points strong enough, is it strapped correctly? Are there enough hook points?
Personally I don’t fancy using anything that hasn’t had some kind of test.
If you get the chance take a look at Dazmonds, jesus christ it’s even mounted the wrong way round to allow the tank through the cage.

p1w1

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 07:03:20 pm »
You could die from anything at anytime why worry

I use a couple of ratchet straps and drive carefully, most of the time im doing 30 mph or less anyway
ok for you..what about your employee?

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 07:37:48 pm »
You could die from anything at anytime why worry

I use a couple of ratchet straps and drive carefully, most of the time im doing 30 mph or less anyway
ok for you..what about your employee?

You also have to take into account the speed the other person may be going, the person who may crash into your rear or hit you head on
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 07:56:02 pm »
If you read the follow up report it states that the van veered and changed direction violently to avoid an on coming car turneing right - the van then rolled

There is no mention that the tank was the cause of death or was even a factor (although it could be argued that the change in direction could make the water mass move sideways making the van overturn

a tragic accident I agree - but to blame the water tank without a definitive answer from the police or coroner is not particularly helpful

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Toby Sampson

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 10:16:11 am »
Thanks for your replies guys.

I’m not sure if that article was the actual crash I was on about. The guy I heard from said that it was strapped by the anchor points in the van and they just pulled right through.

Anyway- as I have very little information about the crash it’s best not to focus on that point and I look at how I can cut my risk and anyone that travels with me down.

Sadly people die all the time in car crashes and a tank of water is rarely involved. But what is common in car crashes today is that it’s very often not the drivers fault but others on the road. If I can cut down the risk of my tank coming through and crushing me in the event that someone crashes into me, I’m all for that.

I’ll do some research and make a choice i think is best for me and my situation.

Thanks again for your replies.

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 06:37:34 pm »
Thanks for your replies guys.

I’m not sure if that article was the actual crash I was on about. The guy I heard from said that it was strapped by the anchor points in the van and they just pulled right through.

Anyway- as I have very little information about the crash it’s best not to focus on that point and I look at how I can cut my risk and anyone that travels with me down.

Sadly people die all the time in car crashes and a tank of water is rarely involved. But what is common in car crashes today is that it’s very often not the drivers fault but others on the road. If I can cut down the risk of my tank coming through and crushing me in the event that someone crashes into me, I’m all for that.

I’ll do some research and make a choice i think is best for me and my situation.

Thanks again for your replies.

if your that bothered about safety then i dont think you can go wrong with a grippatank system........

ive got a pure freedom 500l tank and frame and its screwed down into the eyelet holes in the back of the van with angle iron through the frame(length ways so i dont overload either the front or rear axles).does the job just fine....

as for safety....ive no idea......and ive no plans to find out either..... ;D....i have got a full steel bulkhead plus a webasto diesel heater fitted to the back of my tank near the rear of my van....
price higher/work harder!