This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: keeping your van warm in the winter
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 09:45:46 pm »
Darren how many vans you got ?
I have a crazy idea that might work

six mate
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2019, 09:49:48 pm »
Immersion heater is great for this.

Sorry - the thread was for people WITHOUT access to electricity

However I quite like the idea of 'camping posts' where each van could hook up in a yard ( then I would use oil filled radiators )
thats food for thought

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2019, 04:58:56 pm »
An alternate option would be an insulated tank and immersion heater, We have developed a unit to manage an immersion heater, http://springltd.co/v11m-ihc-tp

The problem Ian is with those who can only park in the street, sometimes a bit away from their house/flat.

Fair point, IHC is an option but yes it wil need a power supply
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Plankton

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2019, 09:54:44 pm »
Quote from: Splash & dash

You cannot put hot water through resin it kills it

Sorry to be contrary, but yes you can, I have done it.

It uses the resin up faster, but it still purifies the water just fine.

Remember, this is not intended as a permanent solution, just as a way of preventing freezing for a couple of days.
Have you got a link to prove that hot water kills the resin and and what temperature does it start at.

Windy Miller

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2019, 10:26:11 pm »
My van is parked in the drive and I've only ever used sleeping bags and I've never had a problem yet. I know it wouldn't withstand a winter 2010 event but then none of us would be working and would have the equipment drained of water anyway if that occured again.
I just make sure to cover everything that will hold water, drain any hoses which can be easily detached from the resin etc and I bring the poles, reels, cloths into the garage.
Nothing fancy but I assure you it works a treat.
I've saw occasions where I've left brush heads and cloths in the van and they've been brick hard with frost but everything covered up with sleeping bags was 100%.

Splash & dash

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2019, 10:48:56 pm »

Remember, this is not intended as a permanent solution, just as a way of preventing freezing for a couple of days.
Have you got a link to prove that hot water kills the resin and and what temperature does it start at.

I don’t have a link no only repeating what I was told by two leading  wfp manufacturers who build and sell hot systems

jonboywalton75

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2019, 06:41:11 am »
My van is parked in the drive and I've only ever used sleeping bags and I've never had a problem yet. I know it wouldn't withstand a winter 2010 event but then none of us would be working and would have the equipment drained of water anyway if that occured again.
I just make sure to cover everything that will hold water, drain any hoses which can be easily detached from the resin etc and I bring the poles, reels, cloths into the garage.
I've saw occasions where I've left brush heads and cloths in the van and they've been brick hard with frost but everything covered up with sleeping bags was 100%.

My van has been parked on the drive for years.
In 2010 the most I ever needed was a £20 fan heater from Argos.
That's it👍

Smudger

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2019, 03:22:46 pm »

That's it👍

and did this fan heater require electricity ?

Darran

jonboywalton75

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2019, 06:43:56 pm »

That's it👍

and did this fan heater require electricity ?

Darran

You are correct, this thread is about those without electricity available.
For those that do have access to an electrical connection a £20  heater should do
Those without use a duvet😉😉

Plankton

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2019, 09:32:50 pm »

I don’t have a link no only repeating what I was told by two leading  wfp manufacturers who build and sell hot systems
Nothing personal but I'll take that as inconclusive  :)

Slacky

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2019, 05:30:50 am »
You could always try it yourself.

Dave Willis

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2019, 07:33:31 am »
I think resin is made from plastic (polystyrene) so I guess hot water may well ruin it if warm enough.

alank

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2019, 11:32:11 am »
A customer of mine who is a retired scientist that worked in the nuclear industry told me that water up to 40 degrees Celsius would be fine. I use an immersion during the winter and have had no problems .

robbo333

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2019, 05:52:44 pm »
I have about 1 metre of hose from the tank outlet, through pump, upto hose reel, that's it. That 1 metre is lagged.
I drain it and cover everything with a duvet. I made a pump box so it's all enclosed. Pole comes indoors.
In severe weather, I use a camping heater for about 20mins, just to make sure everything is warm and supple.
Job done.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Jonny 87

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2019, 07:27:06 am »

You must be in a different climate to me. Remember Britain is quite varied. In Scotland we regularly get -5 nights in the winter, and it takes till Lunch time to get anywhere near to 0.

A duvet wouldn’t suffice.

That’s why I use a grippatank hot water setup. Love it.

I don’t require power either for a couple of days as the battery to battery charger takes care of it.

I connect it to the mains to charge up though to be safe.

Having no access to electricity at home as a window cleaner would be a right pain.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher