Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

night time commercial work
« on: July 14, 2019, 09:18:00 pm »
Hi All. What premium would you or do you add to work that can only be done at night time? Typically from 02:00 until 07:00 .
I have been asked to quote a job that can only be done during these hours. Twice a month.

Phil J

Re: night time commercial work
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 09:24:40 pm »
The premium I would put on it is, stay in bed, mate.

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 09:29:09 pm »
The premium I would put on it is, stay in bed, mate.
I am tempted :-)

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:38:11 pm »
time and a third for staff but charge double your normal rate - even triple it depends on what it is and what other work you could get out of it.

you will pretty much lose a normal days work on these days

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:00:53 pm »
time and a third for staff but charge double your normal rate - even triple it depends on what it is and what other work you could get out of it.

Darran
Cheers Darren. Yes, I figured there is going to be down time or a change with the normal routine.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 10:50:41 pm »

Darran

Tight git. I used to get "Time and a half" for working a Saturday morning, double time for Sundays and double time plus a day off paid in lieu on one glorious Boxing Day!

Ah the days of being in the T&GWU in a factory in the late 1970's!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 12:05:10 am »
Think I’d be looking at £450 - £500 for that sort of stint.

Ralphie

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 07:18:38 am »
Surely their must be a formula someone has worked out?

Something like:     Type of Work           X           Needing The Work   
                                                                                                                                                                               = Hourly Rate
                                               Number of Staff            X             Want the Work

Maths in window cleaning WOW.  ;D 8) ???

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 08:38:54 am »

Darran

Tight git. I used to get "Time and a half" for working a Saturday morning, double time for Sundays and double time plus a day off paid in lieu on one glorious Boxing Day!

Ah the days of being in the T&GWU in a factory in the late 1970's!  ;D

ah yes the glorious days of the 1980's !(sorry I was still in school in the 70's  ;D) - BAe - full sick pay (28weeks a year) 5 weeks holiday + B/hols - pension = bliss
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 08:55:21 am »
Surely their must be a formula someone has worked out?

Something like:     Type of Work           X           Needing The Work   
                                                                                                                                                                               = Hourly Rate
                                               Number of Staff            X             Want the Work

Maths in window cleaning WOW.  ;D 8) ???

Why do you need a formula??? If Ime going to be doing hours like that it’s quite simple I will charge 2or 3 times the normal rate simple

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 09:13:37 am »
I think you could probably name your price within reason. Doubt its that easy to find someone to do it.
Depends on how long it takes , between 2 am and 7 am or 5 hours work ? wfp ? how easy is it going to be to see what you are cleaning ?
A lot of variables but I'd want at least my day rate if it were to be 4 hours +, and take the rest of day off.
In the past I've got up at silly o clock in the summer to clean shops and offices. I've enjoyed the early quiet hours unhindered by traffic and pedestrians but maybe thats just me !

deeege

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 04:48:57 pm »
I do a few of these every quarter and I love them. Roughly 3am-7am and I charge £280. I also do an evening 6pm-10pm and charge similar. These are offices that need internal window cleans, out of hours. The work isn’t so physically demanding that you need to write the rest of the day off.

I’m an early riser (around 5:30am) anyway so it’s not a huge issue for me.

Therefore I don’t agree that you lose your normal working day, I just carry on with domestics for the rest of the day until I feel too tired to carry on. Usually means it’s a very well paid long day.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."