This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Gardiner xtreme flocked brush?
« on: July 11, 2019, 11:53:46 am »
I remember reading this was something in the pipeline a while ago but not seen anything since?
I know Alex comes on so wondered is it still happening or was it tested and not great on the xtreme brush?

Spotfree

Re: Gardiner xtreme flocked brush?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:12:52 pm »
Can't see there being enough surface area at the bristle tips for it to be effective?? I heard they're working on a Dupont extreme but it's not ready yet.

I just had a stiff extreme delivered, can't wait to give it a blast.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 03:48:01 pm »
I remember reading this was something in the pipeline a while ago but not seen anything since?
I know Alex comes on so wondered is it still happening or was it tested and not great on the xtreme brush?

they discontinued these a few years ago mate.......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:49:47 pm »
i had one.....it must be at least 5 years ago if not longer.....they were ok for leaded but i just use mono brushes for everything these days.....

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 03:54:26 pm »

Several years ago we had a flocked Xtreme but the bristles were a little long for most users preference and at that time the machines we had in the factory would not allow us to make them shorter.

We are nearly ready to launch our new Xtreme Sill range which will feature a fully flocked version using shorter, better flocked bristles. If this is well received then we may look at a standard flocked Xtreme again  :)

mufcglen

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 05:08:46 pm »
Nice one lads I never realised there was an xtreme flocked brush out in past!
My main brush is the soft flocked supreme I absolutely love that brush and the feel on the glass, only occasionally for really stubborn bird poo I’ll get a medium mixed out.
I only keep the hybrid xtreme for rare occasions now when I’m crackered as I just don’t like the stiffer feel on the glass of medium/stiff bristles these days🤗
I’ll keep my eyes open for the xtreme silk brush Alex cheers pal

tlwcs

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 06:56:43 am »

Several years ago we had a flocked Xtreme but the bristles were a little long for most users preference and at that time the machines we had in the factory would not allow us to make them shorter.

We are nearly ready to launch our new Xtreme Sill range which will feature a fully flocked version using shorter, better flocked bristles. If this is well received then we may look at a standard flocked Xtreme again  :)

I loved that brush, although it only lasted a month or so and was gutted when it disappeared from your web site. It’s the only brush missing in your range.
Tony

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 08:49:59 am »
The brush that best suits me for all round cleaning is the Dupont Xtreme I've been trialling for Alex since last autumn I believe. I absolutely love it. However, I also regularly use an ultimate flocked as I have a fair few leaded houses to clean and have found even the Dupont bristles can get under and lift lead on some older windows especially where it overlaps. I would love to add an Xtreme flocked to my kit as the ultimate flocked is quite heavy when wet.

tlwcs

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 10:39:52 am »
The brush that best suits me for all round cleaning is the Dupont Xtreme I've been trialling for Alex since last autumn I believe. I absolutely love it. However, I also regularly use an ultimate flocked as I have a fair few leaded houses to clean and have found even the Dupont bristles can get under and lift lead on some older windows especially where it overlaps. I would love to add an Xtreme flocked to my kit as the ultimate flocked is quite heavy when wet.

You’re teasing me!
Alex, I’ll test one, no charge to you, I’ll even pay the postage
Tony

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 12:11:22 pm »
Do these DuPont Extremes last longer than the standard hybrid?
Is so how much longer.
I get about 2 months out of my hybrid extremes.

Tris

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 12:55:49 pm »
I can only speak for myself obviously, but I was using the medium natural hybrid Xtreme before the Dupont. It is a good brush in itself. However my experience with the Dupont version is that it feels easier on the glass but at the same time does as good a job, a bit like the difference between using hot over cold on a winter's day. The bristles also splay more readily.  As for longevity, it has been used to clean about 100 houses per week since last August and it still looks like this...

I don't hammer my brushes but I think I give them a fair bit of welly

dd

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 01:19:48 pm »
Looking at the brush to me it seems like you are using too much pressure on it. You only need to use the weight of the brush on the glass.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 02:00:15 pm »
Looking at the brush to me it seems like you are using too much pressure on it. You only need to use the weight of the brush on the glass.

It's mainly the pole weight (Xtreme 22) and the brush is all. Yes I apply a little more pressure when there are stubborn marks to remove but for ten months use, one of which was with hot water I think it's done pretty well compared to some I've seen which have been used for a much shorter period

dd

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 03:45:53 pm »
Sorry, I assumed as it was a trial brush you had not used it that long.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »
Thanks M&C - pictures give me a good idea.
Hopefully they will be in stock soon as I love the medium hybrid  xtremes - lightweight, good regular maintenance clean brush but the longevity is pants.
I have been using the red stock dupont ultimate brushes and they have lasted a year but I find they are a little heavy on my 47 extreme.

Thanks for your replies fellas.

Tris

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 05:23:26 pm »
I can only speak for myself obviously, but I was using the medium natural hybrid Xtreme before the Dupont. It is a good brush in itself. However my experience with the Dupont version is that it feels easier on the glass but at the same time does as good a job, a bit like the difference between using hot over cold on a winter's day. The bristles also splay more readily.  As for longevity, it has been used to clean about 100 houses per week since last August and it still looks like this...

I don't hammer my brushes but I think I give them a fair bit of welly

the natural bristle hybrid extreme brush has got to be the most disappointing brush ive ever used......both of mine had inner bristles matted and ready for the bin within 2 weeks...shame as they have good scrubbing power to start off with,also bristles were falling out all the time....very poor brush IMO....

Spotfree

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 07:56:12 pm »
This is why there are so many different brush types because there are so many different cleaning styles!

I had an extreme natural hybrid for around a year and it was still like new, except for the edges of the stock. I gave to my wife to use who's half my size and weight and now it's buggered, flat as a pancake.

I used my new one today and it's a real pleasure to use, I hate when a brush just collapses on the glass. I also got an extreme stiff which is also nice to use but the feel of the hybrid is much nicer.

It's a different breed of brush altogether and is plenty adequate for most maintenance work, if you can work the brush how its meant to be used. I'll keep the new one away from the wife for sure, and I reckon I'll get another year plus out of it no problem.

Den68

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 09:49:15 pm »
The DuPont extreme  is a great brush so lightweight and smooth on the glass and very durable my pro type is like new still 👍

Spotfree

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 07:14:20 am »
The DuPont extreme  is a great brush so lightweight and smooth on the glass and very durable my pro type is like new still 👍

I had for a while, the bristle tips went whispy and slightly curly. It was no good in the corners.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 12:33:40 pm »

ive seen this brush already ,  used it for aday and it was great didnt upset my guys elbows so its a winner for us