Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Ok so im definatley doing a price rise this month
« on: July 05, 2019, 10:11:06 am »
Over 4 years in now and i havent done a price rise, i keep putting it off

thing is i feel a lot of my prices are decent as they are and worried about pushing my luck and losing some long standing good customers

whats a man to do ?

i thought about a blanket increase of £1 to all except those id picked up in the last year (will increase those next year) thats probably a £300 - £400 a month pay rise

but then i though what if i could get away with £2 each! i could be increasing my turnover by £600 or more a month!
most of my jobs are £10 - £15, maybe 90% of my round falls in this bracket so as a percentage £1 seems fairer than £2

:-\

Klean07

Re: Ok so im definatley doing a price rise this month
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 10:14:37 am »
When I increase my prices normally every two years everything over £15 goes up by £2 and a £1 under that amount!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 11:51:10 am »
Im simalar as above.
As a general rule as a starting point for making a decision on amount when I do a price rise it's usually a 10% increase and then either rounded up or down to the nearest pound.  For example a £16 house would get a £2 price rise a £13 one would get a £1 rise. I would more then likely put a £15 property up £2. A £26 one would get a £3 rise and so on..  I find this works well on any property price.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 12:13:18 pm »
If you feel your prices reflect this year's going price then only increase by a pound. However, if not then increase by £2.

I learnt a short while ago, that I will always increase my prices every two years to get my customers used to it. The increase can be 50p or a pound as the vast majority of my prices are really good now, for instance I picked up a new house in an area I'm expanding into @£27 a clean.     Granted, this may or may not sou d good to some, pending your location but many in my area don't feel you can charge good prices. Clearly you can, provided you back it up with good results!
If you don't increase the prices, customers can become disillusioned with how much it costs to get their windows cleaned and so when ones do hike their prices after many years, they nearly have an heart attack lol. 
(I learnt that a while ago)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 12:26:00 pm »
Test the water. Try a £2 rise on a single street where you have a run of  houses. If they all accept happy days. Perhaps one drops you ?  you can always then re assess as to whether the rise  will pay off or you should reduce it.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 02:35:49 pm »
We increase every other year rises range from 50p to £5 - with over 1400 customers we usually lose between 1 and 5 - and these tend to be the more problematic customers 😃

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

H2GoKent

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 07:31:27 pm »
I always thought of it this way: put prices up every year because your costs go up every year
To simplify if you had 10 houses @£10 and increased all of them by 10% and you lost one of them you would be earning £99 for 10% less work, or 99% of the money for 90% of the work.
I know it's not as simple as that but you get the idea.
According to some studies only 20% of people buy on price alone and to be honest you don't want too many of those people as your customers
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 08:19:26 pm »
i put my prices up last month.

i put everyone up by £1 for simlicity sake, but reading this i like the 10% rule.

so far i've lost 3 or 4 out of 450, but we have had some difficulties this year with us being too busy and us loosing a bit of reliability as a result

our new van arriving next week will fix that though
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

jay moley

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 01:37:37 pm »
Is the best way to do this: putting a note on your receipt and then apply the increase on the next clean?

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 06:55:30 pm »
I always thought of it this way: put prices up every year because your costs go up every year
To simplify if you had 10 houses @£10 and increased all of them by 10% and you lost one of them you would be earning £99 for 10% less work, or 99% of the money for 90% of the work.
I know it's not as simple as that but you get the idea.
According to some studies only 20% of people buy on price alone and to be honest you don't want too many of those people as your customers

really?......putting up prices every year seems a bit too frequent in the customers eyes i reckon...12 months soon flys by....
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 07:09:43 pm »
I haven't put my prices up since I started here in Ireland in 2011 😂

However ... I have a mix of regulars (ie turn up and clean) and others who ring me as and when. The split is about 50/50. I am still happy with my prices for my regulars, but I have just started to push for higher prices on the ad-hocs, and have found that no-one has batted an eyelid so far.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.