Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: Waiting on payments
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »
James

People pay at different times. Some pay on the day, cash, (I like those), some pay at the end of the week, some pay at the end of the month when they get paid. This is window cleaning, this is the business you are now in, get used to it! If it really bothers you, then find a solution to the problem! If you don't like it, then get out and do something else.

As for 'Common' houses, in my opinion, these will be your best earner. You want small houses, semi detached, well kept, no conservatories, side gate, good parking and lots of them.

Good luck.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dry Clean

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2019, 07:13:41 pm »
GoCardless
GoCardless

Oh, did I mention that GoCardless is a great way of getting paid and its a doddle to do. Not only this, but so far, I've not had any complaints about only offering this as a payment option.

Seriously Nathan do never tire of waffle ?  you only make your new customers pay by Go Cardless and the others that you built your round with over many years pay how they like,  there's not a chance that you would be this strict with your payment options if starting from scratch so if you cant be genuine with your advice then maybe you should keep it to yourself.

Smudger

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2019, 07:32:53 pm »
GoCardless
GoCardless

Oh, did I mention that GoCardless is a great way of getting paid and its a doddle to do. Not only this, but so far, I've not had any complaints about only offering this as a payment option.

Seriously Nathan do never tire of waffle ?  you only make your new customers pay by Go Cardless and the others that you built your round with over many years pay how they like,  there's not a chance that you would be this strict with your payment options if starting from scratch so if you cant be genuine with your advice then maybe you should keep it to yourself.

Oooooooooooo......   thats telling him.   ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2019, 07:57:57 pm »
GoCardless
GoCardless

Sean, Sean, Sean oh poor little Sean! In your own little world, with the comforts of yester years.... How you doing buddy, are you feeling lonely yet buddy and want a bit of banter with someone on here again....... 😂

Over the years I have tried cash,  cheques, online banking, regular standing orders and PayPal!  They all rely on the customer being arsed to sit down for five minutes to sort it out and you all know how much they like to pay their window cleaners straight away  ::)roll
So I have tried all the rest and card readers as well and concluded the best way of getting paid is doing it yourself via direct debit.   I have used this as an only method for quite a while now and as I've said, no knock backs and that's even from snooty customers. Truth be told, I have been recommended to their friends etc because of my welcome packs and the fact that they pay by direct debit.   You seriously think if I was starting from scratch with this knowledge that I would mess about with other options 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh my existing customers,,,,,, aawwwww Sean, do you want an update on how many I've switched over. I didn't think you cared that much about my business mate. That's sweet of you
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2019, 08:09:17 pm »
More silly waffle, Nathan the majority of my customers have been DD for many years but I didn't force them to do it when they didn't know or trust me to be reliable and capable of doing a decent job, its like you make it up as you go along.

James Styles

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2019, 08:30:28 pm »
James

People pay at different times. Some pay on the day, cash, (I like those), some pay at the end of the week, some pay at the end of the month when they get paid. This is window cleaning, this is the business you are now in, get used to it! If it really bothers you, then find a solution to the problem! If you don't like it, then get out and do something else.

As for 'Common' houses, in my opinion, these will be your best earner. You want small houses, semi detached, well kept, no conservatories, side gate, good parking and lots of them.

Good luck.

I’m sticking with window cleaning I enjoy the job and being my own boss plus my round is growing nicely, I did state it won’t bother me as much when I have a lot more customers it’s just at the moment it’s bugging me relying on payments having to wait on customers to pay, especially when I’ve worked hard for that money.

I agree with you on the small houses from my experience so far, they are quick to do and as you say there’s so many on each street, just today while out cleaning I picked up 3 new customers who were neighbours of the houses I was doing  ;D

The ones I am waiting on paying still haven’t paid and one of them was a first clean that was absolutely filthy, I worked I disagree off on that house, he owes me £30 as I charged double for first clean, I just have a feeling I ain’t gonna see that payment, he signed up for every 4 weeks but I’m not doing it again til I get paid and if he is trying to rip me off that’s brutal as I spend nearly two hours on that house.

Ooooooog

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2019, 08:34:45 pm »
Who was the solar farm contractor?
cant say as its going to court in a few weeks then i will tell the world

We’ve had trouble with a couple.

nathankaye

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2019, 08:38:25 pm »
More silly waffle, Nathan the majority of my customers have been DD for many years but I didn't force them to do it when they didn't know or trust me to be reliable and capable of doing a decent job, its like you make it up as you go along.

😂 😂 😂
Yes I hold a gun to their head and force them to use a payment method used by companies for many many years!
Or is it the hard sales tactic that gets them to agree or I walk....... 😂 😂. Come on Sean, get real!

I simply say the price is £x for 4wkly or £x for 8wkly and payment is via direct debit.     
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2019, 08:45:01 pm »
I’ve just found one customer who hasn’t paid for the last five cleans and is due again tomorrow  ;D

Might have to dump that one. Supposed to pay online too.

Shrek

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2019, 08:48:11 pm »
I don’t know some of you cope with so much money owed  :'(
I had £0 owed last month , I must have my customers well trained. And they all pay DD

Dry Clean

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2019, 10:22:26 pm »

😂 😂 😂
Yes I hold a gun to their head and force them to use a payment method used by companies for many many years!
Or is it the hard sales tactic that gets them to agree or I walk....... 😂 😂. Come on Sean, get real!

I simply say the price is £x for 4wkly or £x for 8wkly and payment is via direct debit.   

Get real, not joking Nathan when I say that you and reality have been strangers for many years, do you even clean windows ? it just that nothing you say on your so called round building journey ever adds up.

Dry Clean

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2019, 10:34:20 pm »
Not always but unless they have just moved in a filthy first clean can be a bad sign, messers are a part of building a round James, thing is they tend to tackle and be found by newbies so once established you will find they will be few and far between. just be thankful we are not in the building trade as they can get taken for a lot more.

nathankaye

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2019, 10:40:35 pm »
I'm glad you pay a lot of attention on this forum Sean.
I'm confused now, as to what doesn't add up? 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

James Styles

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2019, 10:43:25 pm »
Not always but unless they have just moved in a filthy first clean can be a bad sign, messers are a part of building a round James, thing is they tend to tackle and be found by newbies so once established you will find they will be few and far between. just be thankful we are not in the building trade as they can get taken for a lot more.

Yeah i know you are right but it really winds me up that I got those disgusting windows/frames/sills looking sparkling for him to not pay me that’s not on, i grafted hard on that house, is there basically nothing I can do if he don’t pay up when I send future reminders?

Dry Clean

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2019, 10:46:43 pm »

How many of your customers have you switched over Nathan ?

nathankaye

« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2019, 11:03:02 pm »

How many of your customers have you switched over Nathan ?

You can't answer a question with a question, no more new info matey.  What doesn't ever add up on this round building journey?

On the same note, perhaps the fact I communicate well with my potential new client on arranging a quote, or the information pack they receive when they accept the quote, could make them think I run a business rather than topping up the beer money  ::)roll ::)roll
Or it could be my wonderful charm and like ability that makes them think I'm going to be reliable, maybe?   Or they've checked out my reviews and seen the wonderful praise I get on a regular basis.
Either way, they are more than happy to pay via direct debit Sean....... Perhaps you just look dodgy mate  ;D  like I said, I have gained customers because they like the payment terms.  Maybe like this review from the other day:

Oh, and if they don't like me and I'm not reliable etc, they simply cancel the direct debit..... Its not rocket science is it! 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2019, 07:14:03 am »

Yeah i know you are right but it really winds me up that I got those disgusting windows/frames/sills looking sparkling for him to not pay me that’s not on, i grafted hard on that house, is there basically nothing I can do if he don’t pay up when I send future reminders?

Yes you can file a small claims online.

Or just go knock the door, people have a much harder time refusing to pay to your face.

Johnny B

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2019, 07:26:04 am »
James

Good luck.

I’m sticking with window cleaning I enjoy the job and being my own boss plus my round is growing nicely, I did state it won’t bother me as much when I have a lot more customers it’s just at the moment it’s bugging me relying on payments having to wait on customers to pay, especially when I’ve worked hard for that money.

I agree with you on the small houses from my experience so far, they are quick to do and as you say there’s so many on each street, just today while out cleaning I picked up 3 new customers who were neighbours of the houses I was doing  ;D

The ones I am waiting on paying still haven’t paid and one of them was a first clean that was absolutely filthy, I worked I disagree off on that house, he owes me £30 as I charged double for first clean, I just have a feeling I ain’t gonna see that payment, he signed up for every 4 weeks but I’m not doing it again til I get paid and if he is trying to rip me off that’s brutal as I spend nearly two hours on that house.

Hi James, unfortunately this sort of thing happens in this game, and it can leave a sour taste. It says enough about their character for them to do this to you, and also about yours if you can let it go. I find that the best feeling about this is when you've established yourself and month by month those filthy windows that you worked so hard to get all sparkly will return to their filthy state, while you are cleaning all around them!

I have had this happen to me more times than I can remember, and some of these non-payers have even had the neck to ask me to clean for them again without batting an eyelid, clearly believing that I had forgotten how they treated me! How you respond to them when that happens is up to you, but boy, you can feel empowered when you a) agree to take them back on after receiving full payment up front/in advance or b) ever so politely telling them to go to a hot place forever!

I actually had a message this morning around 6am from a lady whose windows I cleaned in February 2017 but never got paid, asking me to call to her tomorrow! I have evidence that between then and now, she had been asking on a local social media page for a window cleaner, where my name was recommended by several existing customers of mine! She avoided contacting me then (I wonder why) but I believe she now thinks enough time had passed for me to forget.

Like you, I used to fret and take it personally. I smile about it now, probably because I'm in a better position to take the hit and pick and choose who I work for. One day you'll be in the same position. Keep going and you will get to where you want to be, and don't waste your time, energy or joy on these kinds of people.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

nathankaye

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2019, 08:07:36 am »
James, do you have a card reader to take payments at the door via card, If they say they have no cash?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2019, 08:24:48 am »
I’ve just found one customer who hasn’t paid for the last five cleans and is due again tomorrow  ;D

Might have to dump that one. Supposed to pay online too.

have you reminded them?i never let a customer rack up 5 cleans with no payment.
price higher/work harder!