Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Re: Waiting on payments
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2019, 06:07:02 pm »
James as everyone has said be patient :). You have to give them at least a week really before you can remind them again. But by all means you can get around collecting if you have time in the beginning why not.

Also one other thing try and be tight even when you start to stabilize don't start to rely on one particular part of the round because people will cancel sometimes try and generate yourself a nice little cushion and dip into it for times like this generally just be tight and later on you'll be fine

James Styles

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2019, 08:58:32 pm »
I’m still struggling with patience on waiting for payments lol
It’s been a few days and I have 3 who still haven’t paid online, I’m itching to send a reminder but trying to wait a week lol

I don’t have a big round at the moment so I want them payments, can’t wait until Im earning a lot more as then I won’t be as bothered but it does bother me at the moment.

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:47 pm »
How's the round building going?
Have you been successful in targeting more affluent areas?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Ooooooog

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2019, 09:13:37 pm »
You will always be waiting for payments. Better get use to it.

James Styles

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2019, 09:15:56 pm »

It’s going well I’m at 57 customers now, have to say though when canvassing posher areas/bigger houses I find they all have window cleaner I’m finding more success in more “common” type roads

James Styles

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2019, 09:17:06 pm »
You will always be waiting for payments. Better get use to it.

When I have a bigger round/more income it won’t bother me as much but at the moment it does as my round is small.

nathankaye

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2019, 09:24:34 pm »

It’s going well I’m at 57 customers now, have to say though when canvassing posher areas/bigger houses I find they all have window cleaner I’m finding more success in more “common” type roads

Yep, many will but that doesn't always mean they are happy with their cleaner.
Nope, I'm not saying under cut or put down their cleaner,  just leave them your flyer or business card and ask them to call if their situation changes. 
You may find that not everyone will have one and once your in the street cleaning, it can soon build from word of mouth.
I'm getting enquiries from five bedroom houses in affluent areas which are saturated with shiners and I'm sure many do on this forum as well.
Keep at it buddy, you'll get to a hundred soon
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Cookie

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2019, 09:32:04 pm »

I actually prefer what you refer to as “common” type roads. You can clean multiple houses without moving the van and as a result get a higher hourly turnover than in some of these more affluent areas.

Dry Clean

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2019, 10:09:52 pm »

Its a trust thing James the wealthier they are the more cautious they are of unknown door sellers, the fact that you're starting on a budget wont help either, a nice van that's wrapped/ logoed certainly helps, that said the majority of my so called wealthy customers came from recommendations, remember just because they are wealthy doesn't mean all their friends and family are.
Get another 30 or 40 customers on your list and you will be surprised how quickly it will be before you're turning work away.

James Styles

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2019, 10:21:34 pm »

I actually prefer what you refer to as “common” type roads. You can clean multiple houses without moving the van and as a result get a higher hourly turnover than in some of these more affluent areas.

Yeah they are easy and quick to do aswell, don’t get me wrong I’m not having a dig when I say common type roads just didn’t know how else to describe them, I am living in a flat on a worse road then them at the moment lol

Dave Willis

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2019, 07:12:47 am »
My worst paying customers are the most wealthy. I deliberately don’t go for the big properties ‘cos come the winter when the big custies cancel your round gets hit for six. Easier to skip a £10 job than a £50 one.
It’s all down to pricing at the end of the day and hourly rate.
Middle classes for me.

Ooooooog

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2019, 07:23:34 am »
Retired baby boomers are the best for me.
Loads of money and simply can’t spend it quick enough.

Stoots

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2019, 07:34:57 am »
You get none payers in all classes.

Its more about the individual, some people just have more morals than others, some think it's ok to rip off the window cleaner or have better things to do than rush to send payment.

Others on the other hand can't wait to pay you and apologize if they forget to pay you the same day.

I've had customers call round to my house and hand me the money or post cheques through my door because they couldn't pay online and felt bad about me waiting. (Usually older generation)

You get good and bad all over, some of the poorest people will surprise you with their morals and a lot will live up to the stereotype and rip you off.

On the harassing customer for payment thing I lost one not long ago as I text her whilst she was on holiday twice (she was gone for a month) she said I was harrasing her lol. I wasn't I was just sending out my weekly reminders and had no idea she was away.

But people are weird, best to have as little to do with them as possible. Text for the gate and get them on go cardless, be polite but don't engage and don't give them a reason to become a Messer.

A lot of this game is mental, it will mess with your head if you let it, from non payers to skipping cleans and losing work...it will all drive you insane if you feed into it. Just go out clean windows, come home send some texts for gates/reminders and turn your phone off...that's another thing don't get into back and forth texts all night when chasing payments etc.

zesty

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2019, 12:00:59 pm »
Your gonna have to get used to the waiting James,

I’ve just been paid £45 by a customer who owed three lots of £15. On a 6 weekly round. So I waited Atleast 18 weeks, though actually much longer as I’m always late.

It’s part of the game mate, you’ll learn to accept it by default in time!

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2019, 12:24:31 pm »
I never chase payment. Most pay within 30 days, some let it roll over.

Aslong as I get my money within 1-3 cleans I’m happy.

Remember we used to have to go out collecting every Friday night! I got to the stage where two evenings a week I was collecting.

Now I just post through the invoice and it appears in my bank account. For me, the few later payments are worth getting my evenings back.
were the same as you , the bigger you get the bigger the debt in the uk we are  running at around a 6k all the time with 4 vans out daily , we now do not do  a 3rd clean anymore just a second one then they get a letter , if they need 2 letters the gone once they have payed we have also been caught for 6k last year on a solar farm , and this year looks like were going to get nipped for 4k off a management company thats going bust in london

Ooooooog

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2019, 04:09:02 pm »
Who was the solar farm contractor?

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2019, 04:45:47 pm »
My worst paying customers are the most wealthy. I deliberately don’t go for the big properties ‘cos come the winter when the big custies cancel your round gets hit for six. Easier to skip a £10 job than a £50 one.
It’s all down to pricing at the end of the day and hourly rate.
Middle classes for me.

i find wealthy customers with larger houses hardly ever skip(due to longer frequency cleans)and pay within a couple of days of the clean usually.....

i think its good to have a mixture of smaller jobs and larger jobs........

regardless of class,house size,car(s) on the drive is irrelevant IMO.....as long as they pay in a reasonable amount of time(14 days)and im happy with my hourly rate on that job then everything is fine and dandy.... :)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2019, 05:06:56 pm »
GoCardless
GoCardless

Oh, did I mention that GoCardless is a great way of getting paid and its a doddle to do. Not only this, but so far, I've not had any complaints about only offering this as a payment option.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2019, 06:08:04 pm »
cant say as its going to court in a few weeks then i will tell the world

Splash & dash

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2019, 06:17:28 pm »

Solar Steve 😂😂😂😂