Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Thanks Lee Pyror
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2019, 10:50:26 am »
When it comes to window cleaning money is everything Dazmond, and there's not a guy on here including yourself who wouldn't do a 39 hour week if they could get £85k plus a year for doing it.

I agree with most of your posts but not on this one.

I know i could earn awfully close to 85k for a full week 8 hours a day.

But that does not motivate me enough to do it, i only manage 20 - 25 hours because i just cant stomach cleaning windows any longer.  Im bored to tears by early afternoon and no carrot of 85k a year dangled under my nose would keep me out much longer.

Money is a poor motivator for a lot of people especially if you are miserable earning it.

Besides when you see what you lose in tax on 85k it makes it sickening.

« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2019, 12:03:21 pm »
When it comes to window cleaning money is everything Dazmond, and there's not a guy on here including yourself who wouldn't do a 39 hour week if they could get £85k plus a year for doing it.

But that does not motivate me enough to do it, i only manage 20 - 25 hours because i just cant stomach cleaning windows any longer.  Im bored to tears by early afternoon and no carrot of 85k a year dangled under my nose would keep me out much longer.

Money is a poor motivator for a lot of people especially if you are miserable earning it.

Window cleaners don’t pay tax  ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2019, 12:24:30 pm »
There are a few reasons that we are all Window cleaners
We're not qualified for anything else.
You can earn a really good hourly rate (if you do it right)
Or maybe, it fits our lifestyle.
Ive had two spells as a WC
The first for 7 years when I couldn't wait to pack it in and the last 20 years when I've worked out how to almost enjoy the job (heaphones on, working methodically in some really nice parts of Cheshire)
Also as im a 62 year old on the wind down, I (to use a football expression) let the ball do the work.
There are worse jobs than the we do😁
I voluntarily left a good job in ICI to do this job in 1999 and have never ever regretted it and would do the same again in an instant.

Also i never would have left a good job like that if i hadn't seen the potential in window cleaning.
Oh and I presently do about 12 hours a week on the glass, (the other 156 hours in a week I do as I please) without using ladders.

zesty

« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2019, 12:31:20 pm »

For me, the effort to get that amount of well paying work to fill 8 hours a day puts me off.

I’d work 8 hours a day if I could earn £500 a day, but I think it would take a lot longer than people think for a one man band to build that kind of round up.

I’m usually home by 12-1pm and start at 8am. That’s enough for me!

nathankaye

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2019, 12:36:32 pm »
Yep, cleaning glass day in day out really sucks! However, you get to meet people of all walks of life and if your fortunate, you also get some cracking views (rural areas and not topless bathers in the back garden 😂).

Most repetitive jobs are tedious, but which ones can pay as good as our jobs, if priced properly? Simply there isn't any and that's why you put your big boy pants on and suck it up and go to work!  There's a whole lot worse jobs and situations ones can be in,  but being self employed means you can operate your business to work for you. If like Sean it's to simply make money and be as miserable as sin and have to come on here to constantly pick fault whilst sucking on lemons, then that's what you can do 😯👍

However, others choose to be balanced and make good money whilst enjoying not slaving away for the system.

Gomo, if your bored on the glass, break it up with some very nicely priced add on jobs like pressure washing.  Breaks it up nicely and the vast majority pay you when the job is complete, so that's a lump some of money, in one go, straight to your account. Then have the rest of the day off if need be, but it does break it up nicely and can be quite enjoyable to see such a dramatic difference in the results
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2019, 12:41:48 pm »
About time somebody gave Nathan a compliment

Nice post NK

There you go, it's easy to be nice when you try😁

nathankaye

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2019, 01:34:56 pm »

Nice post NK

Cheers,  though I dare say, the back lash will come pretty soon
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2019, 01:40:32 pm »

Nice post NK

Nah it was genuinely a nice post
No sarcasm involved 👍

KS Cleaning

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2019, 01:41:35 pm »
Yep, cleaning glass day in day out really sucks! However, you get to meet people of all walks of life and if your fortunate, you also get some cracking views (rural areas and not topless bathers in the back garden 😂).

Most repetitive jobs are tedious, but which ones can pay as good as our jobs, if priced properly? Simply there isn't any and that's why you put your big boy pants on and suck it up and go to work!  There's a whole lot worse jobs and situations ones can be in,  but being self employed means you can operate your business to work for you. If like Sean it's to simply make money and be as miserable as sin and have to come on here to constantly pick fault whilst sucking on lemons, then that's what you can do 😯👍

However, others choose to be balanced and make good money whilst enjoying not slaving away for the system.

Gomo, if your bored on the glass, break it up with some very nicely priced add on jobs like pressure washing.  Breaks it up nicely and the vast majority pay you when the job is complete, so that's a lump some of money, in one go, straight to your account. Then have the rest of the day off if need be, but it does break it up nicely and can be quite enjoyable to see such a dramatic difference in the results
No waffle!  Did you bump your head this morning Nathan? 😜

jonboywalton75

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2019, 01:42:19 pm »
Wow, these Lee Pryor threads won't be continually getting locked if we go on like this😱

jonboywalton75

« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2019, 01:43:28 pm »
Spoke too soon,
The sarcasm returns instantly😱😱😱😱

Dry Clean

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2019, 02:12:02 pm »

No waffle!  Did you bump your head this morning Nathan? 😜
He had a bit of bother with a wasp. lol

Dry Clean

« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2019, 02:17:29 pm »

Nice post NK

No sarcasm involved 👍

It wasn't nice about me, if I didn't know better Id think he didn't like me, that said the majority of his post was good so he gets a like.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2019, 02:38:09 pm »

Nice post NK

No sarcasm involved 👍

It wasn't nice about me, if I didn't know better Id think he didn't like me, that said the majority of his post was good so he gets a like.

WHAT!!!!!!!!
A like from Ewan
What's the world coming to🤔

AuRavelling79

« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2019, 04:50:44 pm »
A question for Lee Pryor.

Do you employ all of your window cleaners  - as in paye, payslip, holiday pay, pension etc? Or is there an element of sub contracting?
It's a game of three halves!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2019, 04:56:23 pm »

Do you employ all of your window cleaners  - as in paye, payslip, holiday pay, pension etc? Or is there an element of sub contracting?

All my team 12 cleaners and 2 office staff are PAYE employed, contracted, payslip, 28 days paid holiday pension, sick pay ect. This info is publicly stated on the "about us" page of our new website. www.pryors-uk.com
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2019, 04:59:16 pm »

I love the way you did that Gold, getting the thread back on track😁😁😁😁

dazmond

« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2019, 05:19:39 pm »
Thing is, this forum has more pork pies flying around than a food fight in a Sainsburys pie isle.

Dazmond only counts hours on the glass. His earnings climb every post and yet in real terms he hasn’t had a pay rise in a number of years - the last one was for customers to pay for the van and hot system. Cleaners local to me ‘live the lifestyle’ mostly because they are crap and don’t have enough work.

i can still afford to go on luxury holidays (and take the missus!) a few times a year,buy a decent hot water system/ van etc and drive about in a nice golf GTD......oh and im getting a new drum kit delivered next week that i paid over £1200 for in january.........

HAPPY DAYS INDEED! 8) :D :D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2019, 05:23:48 pm »
I wouldn’t, I’d work it then take the next day off!!

after today i will have worked around 24 hours this week mon-fri Dave......thats enough.....im lazy these days and no interest in working longer hours.....

Mate I really don’t understand that way of working. I know a few others who do the same kind of thing as you though. I’m 32 this year so still (relatively ) young, but I’m Monday to Friday 8-5 ish, I always have weekends off though. If I was you, and doing say 24 hours a week, why not fit that into 3 full working days, and take two full Days off a week?

A 5 day weekend, and still a great income. Rather than spreading your work out through the whole week.

I prefer spreading my work out into shorter days mate,got no desire to work longer than 5-6  hours a day......you may feel the same in 15 years time! ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2019, 06:00:32 pm »
not being picky Daz - but most of what you state there is on HP/Lease

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk