UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

It's been a while since I moaned about a customer .

(1/7) > >>

Crystal-clear:
I actually think I haven't moaned about a customer for several years..

But this is on another level. Out of  every 100 canvassed first cleans you tend to have one to remember. I've had one actually recently that's pretty bad but this message I received really tops the list and it's one thing which keeps me not surprised about window cleaning I'm struggling to keep my cool.

I edited the message a little bit.

"I have emailed you at  with my comments on what I experienced today. Your representative came for 5 minutes with a wet mop on the end of a long pole to clean the windows.  It's should have been explained that you don't bother with ladders or proper equipment and just give the windows and cursory wipe for 5 minutes. It's a complete waste of time and money. I shall alert the neighbourhood via our forum to be very wary of what services are provided. I'm not going to pay £20 for 5 minutes of ineffective cleaning. You may come and collect £5 cash for the effort and please do not bother to come again."

She's refusing to make a BACS transfer.
I actually couldn't help but respond totally boiled my blood. Initially tried to call back she didn't want to answer.
Told her to research the purified water system and reverted her to the booking in slip which actually says your windows will be wet and cleaned with the pole system... I also told her we have a lot of expenses and it's not a 5-minute job even though you think it is. And that is not right for you to leave such comments without doing your research as your potentially hindering us which we may also pursue you for.. and reminded her that she still owes for the clean something which she asked us to do.
I actually want to take her to court I'm serious
I don't care if it's going to cost me more can somebody please divert me to anyone they may use to chase debt there was a company out here which offered the service

I don't know I'm still really shook up it is very frustrating to get a message like that

I know it's part of parcel if your canvassing a lot some people don't really want window cleaning
And they go a little bit funny
but by god I've never ever had this sort of message in 10+years.

And now just to give you an example of how random first cleans can be just while I typed this out one of her neighbour's went on gocardless which is a payment option obviously she's happy....
Funny how it goes like that ... a minute ago I was fed up then you get a good result.. the spectrums of some of the first Cleaning customers can they really be wide but by god this one today really frustrated me.

The Jester of Wibbly:
This is the best place to vent. Feel for you there bud.

But not worth engaging with them too much.    Probably worth reminding them that the agreement was to clean their windows for x amount.  The method or timescale is not relivent.   Please be aware that unpaid debts are managed by a third party agency.

Crystal-clear:

--- Quote from: The Jester of Wibbly on June 24, 2019, 08:46:36 pm ---This is the best place to vent. Feel for you there bud.

But not worth engaging with them too much.    Probably worth reminding them that the agreement was to clean their windows for x amount.  The method or timescale is not relivent.   Please be aware that unpaid debts are managed by a third party agency.

--- End quote ---
yes this is the place to vent mate thank you very much for your support bloody hell it really does get me down I had a real real slow patch sort of 18 months ago things started to pick up again slowly but surely and I started to become positive about the job again but then you get something like that!

Yes that's a good message to send short and sweet by the way what is that third party company I actually will instruct them.

Smudger:
don't engage - sometimes people just don't listen - if anything is put on the inter web/facebook - reply - this person can't afford to pay her debts

no more no less

you can't please some people but I can almost guarantee that all her neighbours know what she's like

chin up carry on !  (F**k 'em)

Darran

Richard iSparkle:
i feel your pain! customers like this come along every now and again. they can really wind me up if i'm in acertain frame of mind. other times i can let it go more easily.

what we do is give them their money back (ours pay by DD only), explain that we understand the service isnt for them and wish them luck finding a window cleaner that suits them better. i would also add a bit about what we are doing etc and how it works, and i would also be firm with them. i think people like this sometimes need to be responded to like for like almost, or put in their place at least.. but i would just have my say and end it.

i would add that these people... all their neighbours know what they are like. if she puts it on a forum she is just making herself look bad. people will think its just her going off on one of her over the top mad rants

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version