This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: getting old
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2019, 11:06:38 am »
the thing is nathan your metabolism doesnt slow down to a crawl as you get older,itll slow a bit but not that much...unless your losing muscle......keep building muscle and you ll be able to eat more without getting obese..... ;)

the reason being is the more muscle you have on your body the more calories youll burn at rest(basal metabolic rate).... 8)

Wow Sean, that's exactly how I pictured you to look,
😂😂😁👍

If anybody wants to select a new diet, may I suggest a diary free option and watch the weight come off and feel a whole lot healthier as well.  Oh, and you do realise that protein comes from more than just eggs n meat don't you 🤔😁
Especially if you can cook and not just stick to the typical English salads n veggie dishes which will drive anyone to insanity
(yep, only dropped into tobys for the odd pint here n there)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

James Styles

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2019, 12:41:55 pm »
I will be 33 this year and I was wondering am I a bit old to start up lol fair play to you all who are still grafting past 60 massive respect 👍

I started up in 1997 aged 35, and again when I relocated to Ireland 8 years ago aged 49.

You're just a young lad James! 😂

John

Haha cheers mate, I haven’t felt young recently but I think it’s mostly due to stress of where I live and trying to build the round, also I’m not in great shape need to get a bit fitter!
Was it tough to start up all again when you moved to Ireland?

One thing this job will do is either make you fit or wear you out!

I have to say it was tough going. I was a stranger in a foreign land. There was a major recession, and so few people had money or the confidence to spend it (if they had it) on something as low priority as window cleaning.

That said, I canvassed during the day and any customers I got were done there and then. I managed to get a customer or two most days, but many proved to be one offs or messers. However, I ploughed on and I would say it took 4 years of grafting before I considered myself established. At this point, work started to snowball and now I am inundated with good, regular work as well as occasionals and add ons.

My advice James is to persevere, look past the messers and knockbacks and in time you will get to where you want to be.

I wish you all the best mate and will be keenly interested to hear how you are progressing.

John

Only just seen this John but thanks mate that’s much appreciated, I’m working hard the rounds growing steadily, I’ve had a few messers that I’ve dumped it does get to me a bit but less and less as time goes on. I am aching after some hard days but I can tell I’m getting bit fitter or more used to it as the aches are minor now, first few months I felt demolished after a long day lol but I didn’t work for years before so I got into bad shape not obese or nothing but bit of a gut and I could just tell I lost strength but I’m getting fitter now.
I think near the end of this year or start of next year I will be needing to get a little van as I’m getting busier.

Dry Clean

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2019, 12:46:43 pm »
the thing is nathan your metabolism doesnt slow down to a crawl as you get older,itll slow a bit but not that much...unless your losing muscle......keep building muscle and you ll be able to eat more without getting obese..... ;)

the reason being is the more muscle you have on your body the more calories youll burn at rest(basal metabolic rate).... 8)

😂😂😁👍

If anybody wants to select a new diet, may I suggest a diary free option and watch the weight come off and feel a whole lot healthier as well.  Oh, and you do realise that protein comes from more than just eggs n meat don't you 🤔😁
Especially if you can cook and not just stick to the typical English salads n veggie dishes which will drive anyone to insanity

That was a dig at bodybuilders who think lifting weights keeps you fit, it doesn't surprise me that it went over your head. lol

Missing Link

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2019, 12:52:38 pm »
That was a dig at bodybuilders who think lifting weights keeps you fit, it doesn't surprise me that it went over your head. lol

Like anything, there's a right way to do something and a multitude of wrong ways to do something.

But the guys in that pic might be strength athletes; they're not about 'health' or 'aesthetics', their priority is to be able to lift heavy stuff.  Have a google for Eddie Hall, the UK's strongest man.  There's nothing pretty about him but he can't half move some weight.

In a similar vein Wor Lass runs 100 mile ultra marathons; she doesn't do that to keep her healthy or slim (it could even harm her heart); it's her sport though and she's willing to take the risk of something adverse happening.

You have to work out what your training objectives are and work out a training and diet regime to achieve them.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2019, 05:03:47 pm »
Oh, and to be a bore, I listened to this audio book a while back in preparation for getting old (which now seems to be my current age plus 4)...

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Younger-Next-Year-Audiobook/B008MPDY3A

If you're not a member of audible you can sign up, first book free, then cancel.  Listen to it while you're shining windows.

I've never gotten old before, so I thought I'd gen myself up on the subject in preparation.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

AuRavelling79

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2019, 05:54:18 pm »

😂😂😁👍

No dates allowed?
It's a game of three halves!