UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Ordered new xtreme pole

(1/3) > >>

zesty:
Just ordered a new 25 xtreme, my series 2 is wearing thin.

I absolutely love my series 2, it hardly ever gets the gritty ‘rubbing’ due to the metal band and thinner sections.

I’m actually a bit nervous I won’t like the series 3 as I’m thinking it’s going to get the gritty rub!

Alex, I will try and feedback after some time of use with the x3 my thoughts. Hopefully it will be excellent, I just think the metal banded series 2 solved the grit and wear problem.

Oh, only bummer is I ordered it Thursday night whilst in Majorca, thinking that it would be sent out today (we have flown back today) and delivered Saturday. Turns out fedex don’t ship on a weekend ☹️.

Patience is a virtue!

dazmond:

--- Quote from: zesty on June 21, 2019, 03:48:47 pm ---Just ordered a new 25 xtreme, my series 2 is wearing thin.

I absolutely love my series 2, it hardly ever gets the gritty ‘rubbing’ due to the metal band and thinner sections.

I’m actually a bit nervous I won’t like the series 3 as I’m thinking it’s going to get the gritty rub!

Alex, I will try and feedback after some time of use with the x3 my thoughts. Hopefully it will be excellent, I just think the metal banded series 2 solved the grit and wear problem.

Oh, only bummer is I ordered it Thursday night whilst in Majorca, thinking that it would be sent out today (we have flown back today) and delivered Saturday. Turns out fedex don’t ship on a weekend ☹️.

Patience is a virtue!

--- End quote ---

youll be lucky to get 12 months out of it.....ive snapped 2 sections in less than 12 months from new......nice poles but not very hardwearing for the price they cost....it wouldnt be so bad if they were £300 a pop!

mufcglen:
Make sure you order a can of they’re Stirling pole spray too and you really do have to try and keep on top of them.
I snapped a section on mine after 9 months then found another split down the length not long ago which would be about 13-14 months.
I’m genuinely not an abuser either, I retape monthly and clean and flush regularly.
All that though and I’d still have another as we know full well they’re not built to last like slx, all about lightness and making more money from not being as tired out😁
Since fitting Phoenix clamps I do wonder if gardiner copied the idea and put smoother inserts in the clamps they may wear less, the feel of the inside of a smart clamps feels very rough compared to the smoother rubberish Phoenix clamps!

Splash & dash:

--- Quote from: zesty on June 21, 2019, 03:48:47 pm ---Just ordered a new 25 xtreme, my series 2 is wearing thin.

Patience is a virtue!

--- End quote ---

The v3 is far better than the 2 with metal inserts , nice poles but they are delicate 

robbo333:
I've got the V3, had it for ages and all going good. I am careful with it (and you need to be) but I like it. Had some worn sections where it clamps, (but I followed the Gardiners video for building them back up again, using two part resin) and all is good.

I have bad elbows, so really, I have no choice but to use it.

Treat it with respect and it will earn you some dough!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version