This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: What would you charge for this
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 07:57:32 am »
Being realistic, it's £90.00.

Been optimistic, it's £120.00.

Being overly hopeful and chancing it, it's £150.00.
I wouldn't be suprised if somebody came along and charged half that.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 08:02:45 am »
Being realistic, it's £90.00.

Been optimistic, it's £120.00.

Being overly hopeful and chancing it, it's £150.00.

I wouldn't be suprised if somebody came along and charged half that.

let them have it then.

a job at a bad price is worse than missing out
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 08:09:03 am »
I agree Richard, just saying. I'm not expensive compared  to some on here but even I'm suprised by just how far off I can be with some quotes I put in. There are plenty out there who would be made up to earn £50 off that for 1.5/2 hrs work.

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 08:12:15 am »
I reckon it’d take an hour so whatever you want to charge for an hour - £12?  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 08:16:26 am »
If they are looking for the best price, forget it.   Not worth the hastle.  Usual retail crap.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Slacky

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 09:54:09 am »
I agree Richard, just saying. I'm not expensive compared  to some on here but even I'm suprised by just how far off I can be with some quotes I put in. There are plenty out there who would be made up to earn £50 off that for 1.5/2 hrs work.

There are. And good luck to them. We all start somewhere. It’s a nice job.

nathankaye

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 10:05:04 am »
You mentioned "we", so are you a two man team?
This will make it easier and quicker. One outside wfp the windows, the other trad on the inside and then the outside chap comes and cleans/mops the floor behind you. Shouldn't be more than half hour with two of you. I personally think your right with the price, however I doubt the shop would go with that price.  So discount it and let us all know what price you end up quoting it for and if you get it
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 10:25:55 am »
We, us, other window cleaners.....

Crystal-clear

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2019, 10:45:36 am »
im thinking..

4 weekly = 135+VAT
8 weekly = 180+VAT
one off = 245+VAT

its the type of job that could become a real ball ache to do so i'd want to make sure i was getting enough to make it worthwhile

Not sure if I would give them that many options rich. First thing they'll do is look at the cheapest rate and if they wanted a one-off they will just play the game as there's no contract.
encourage the one off first imo. Even if they disagree and say we want it every 4 weeks you'll never know the truth until it's been cleaned and you're back on that 4 week date when they see you cleaning clean windows  that's when the truth comes out.

Also caution when a job like this contacts you to clean their windows they obviously have a big feature of glass on their property and it's likely they have already mugged a window cleaner off it's a negative way of thinking but it needs to be embedded in your mind a little bit. It's possible there a new business is possible the previous chap wasn't doing a good job so that's also another thing but just do your best not to get stung and reduce the price and then be told that its a one off later based on the good vibes about regular talk because it is just talk until it happens

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2019, 11:12:34 am »
im thinking..

4 weekly = 135+VAT
8 weekly = 180+VAT
one off = 245+VAT

its the type of job that could become a real ball ache to do so i'd want to make sure i was getting enough to make it worthwhile

Not sure if I would give them that many options rich. First thing they'll do is look at the cheapest rate and if they wanted a one-off they will just play the game as there's no contract.
encourage the one off first imo. Even if they disagree and say we want it every 4 weeks you'll never know the truth until it's been cleaned and you're back on that 4 week date when they see you cleaning clean windows  that's when the truth comes out.

Also caution when a job like this contacts you to clean their windows they obviously have a big feature of glass on their property and it's likely they have already mugged a window cleaner off it's a negative way of thinking but it needs to be embedded in your mind a little bit. It's possible there a new business is possible the previous chap wasn't doing a good job so that's also another thing but just do your best not to get stung and reduce the price and then be told that its a one off later based on the good vibes about regular talk because it is just talk until it happens

hi mate..  all relevant points.. I'm not the most experienced at commercial jobs by any means, we aim for domestic customers and commercial fall into our lap along the way. saying that we do about £20 000 /yr of commercial but i am still finding my feet and there are a lot of people more experienced than myself on here.

what i do on the 4 weekly and 8 weekly prices is say ist a minimum of 3 cleans over the fixed term at that price. if they cancel before those 3 cleans they will be invoiced for the remainder of the cleans

totally get what you are saying about them mugging off another window cleaner before you're being asked to quote. though you don't know if that is because the person was no good, or whether they want something cheaper... if it was because the service was bad though, they may be happier to pay more for a proper service.

we have given poor service on commercial jobs that were underpriced by us, and they end up as the lowest priority of all your cleans. I was proud of myself last year. i had a hotel we'd been cleaning for £164, 4 weekly but it took us almost half a day. it had become a job that we'd become unreliable for because it was so cheap and a real pain to do.  we'd done it for 5 years or so.  i ended up emailing the manager asking for a meeting to discuss how we could improve our service, he ended up accepting a £380 price where we offered a better service which we agreed together. it was a real win/win. it was eye-opening for me as i thought i had no chance really.. but hated being so unreliable, so i thought better to lose it than keep being unreliable.

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 11:37:16 am »
im thinking..

4 weekly = 135+VAT
8 weekly = 180+VAT
one off = 245+VAT

hi mate..  all relevant points.. I'm not the most experienced at commercial jobs by any means, we aim for domestic customers and commercial fall into our lap along the way. saying that we do about £20 000 /yr of commercial but i am still finding my feet and there are a lot of people more experienced than myself on here.

what i do on the 4 weekly and 8 weekly prices is say ist a minimum of 3 cleans over the fixed term at that price. if they cancel before those 3 cleans they will be invoiced for the remainder of the cleans

totally get what you are saying about them mugging off another window cleaner before you're being asked to quote. though you don't know if that is because the person was no good, or whether they want something cheaper... if it was because the service was bad though, they may be happier to pay more for a proper service.

we have given poor service on commercial jobs that were underpriced by us, and they end up as the lowest priority of all your cleans. I was proud of myself last year. i had a hotel we'd been cleaning for £164, 4 weekly but it took us almost half a day. it had become a job that we'd become unreliable for because it was so cheap and a real pain to do.  we'd done it for 5 years or so.  i ended up emailing the manager asking for a meeting to discuss how we could improve our service, he ended up accepting a £380 price where we offered a better service which we agreed together. it was a real win/win. it was eye-opening for me as i thought i had no chance really.. but hated being so unreliable, so i thought better to lose it than keep being unreliable.
Well done i'm in your boat a lot less commercial as well I'm basically applying the logic from my domestic experience however I found it very similar when it came to Commercial. Directors site managers they also just want to save money as well and have one offs and a very good playing the game I didn't find it unusual for them to also up play The Regular to get a very enthusiastic window cleaner for cheap and then tell them the usual similar story we hear domestically where cutting back or anything just to cancel. So I would always just apply the one off clean  if they do actually want it regularly it's a bonus.
I recall one not too long ago £125 as a one off then £70 every 2 months. They straight away said will have it every 2 months please when can you start. Fortunately I've been in the game awhile so I said let's call it a one-off first oh no no no we definitely want regular then I explained everyone has to pay the first Cleaning charge. Which they reluctantly agreed to I could see they were a little bit disheartened because they could see that I knew what they really wanted.

After paying they said yes that's fine will see you soon because they don't want to look stupid they just recently told me they want it. It's harder for them to say no to your face so I decided to email them the same night to confirm we're coming back soon to which I received a response saying "we do not require regular window cleaning"  ;D
Likewise I'm proud of that because imagine entering the data sorting out your work emailing them that you're coming tomorrow to be told no in the morning. Also what a surprise the other local window cleaners I spoke to have also been used for a cheeky one off or two off clean.

TomCrowther

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2019, 06:36:10 pm »
I would suggest to them that the outside needs doing every 2-3 weeks and the inside half as often {apart from the doors which get done both sides every time.
£80 in and out £40 outside only and do the outside early in the day.