Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Styles

Fed up - customers/living situation
« on: June 16, 2019, 06:20:14 pm »
I’m having a bad weekend.
First off I’ll try explain as briefly as I can about my living situation, I live in a maisonette so have neighbours below me and to both sides.
The area is rough, the neighbours are druggies, rude, loud, the kids around here have absolutely zero respect, they’ve been playing outside blasting the football against the walls and on the roof, I bloody hate living here.
Then too top it off I send a few texts to customers about doing the windows tomorrow that I’ll be coming to do them and I’ve got two more messers.
One responded very rude saying “no you won’t, thanks” I replied with “can I ask why? Would you like to be removed from the round?” she just put “yeh remove me thanks” when I did them last month she seemed a rough big mouth type, she seems the cheap type, she obviously just wanted a one off and wasted my time giving me a contact number for every four weeks.
The other replied saying “I’ll have to rearrange I’ll let you know when’s best” so I replied saying “thank you for the reply, it will need to be this week to keep you in with the work in that area monthly” to which I’ve received no reply.
All this with kids blasting footballs against the wall and being loud is driving me crazy 🤬 absolutely no respect in this area.

Stoots

Re: Fed up - customers/living situation
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:25:54 pm »
Move and get better customers ?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 06:37:52 pm »
With the greatest of respect, you need to expect this level of poor retention from canvessing.  Don't worry, not all will be like this, it will be a small percentage. 

With experience you will learn the ones to keep and the ones not to bother with when quoting.   In time you will recognise the signs better.

You might want to consider charging more for first cleans if you think there is a risk of them looking for a one off. 
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:49:23 pm »

Stupid, unhelpful comment.

James Styles

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 06:59:32 pm »

If I could afford to just up and move I would, as for the customers I am canvassing every week there’s noway I can avoid potential messers I’m just having a bit of rant, feeling a bit fed up at the moment, needed to air some things.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 07:46:03 pm »
Regardless of what you read on the internet setting up a business is never easy it takes hard work and time.

Over time you learn things one of them is to spot messers.Always charge more for a first clean it will take you longer and if they won't pay the first clean price chances are they won't stay with you much past the 2nd or 3rd clean.

AS time goes buy and your round gets fuller you soon realise you don't need them awkward customers any more.If they skip cleans
or don't pay on time get rid once you start to get established it becomes easier to replace these customers with new ones.

Most of us have put up with some kind of rubbish at one point when starting out.Keep at it and these things soon change.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 08:00:14 pm »
The two are not related though James, though it must peeve you off!
When my x cheated on me, I moved out and got a flat which wasn't very far from where I lived and like most areas, you get nice areas and pockets of not so nice. The only flat I could get close to my family (young kids at the time) was in this rough area. I was trad cleaning then and thankfully kept my ladders at a customers house, or they would have been pinched n used by the local idiots. My neighbours were druggies and blasting music till early hours of morning (3am n later), a nightmare of a situation, all to be closer to my kids.
6mnths later I moved into a 3bed house (rented) so I could have my kids round and it was a nicer area. Cost more (esp as still paying the x) but it was great to be out the area.
So I can relate and it is more than frustrating/annoying, especially if your trapped at the moment in that situation. As soon as your able, move away from it.

Customers,,,,,,,, sadly this is the learning curve you are on, and the other chap who hasn't bought his equipment yet, that feels this part will be easy. Sadly it isn't and there is no quick fix. Canvassed work, either by a pro or yourself can turn out this way in the early days. That is until you start to get a gut feeling from all the variables to look out for, but that only comes from experience.   The silver lining is that atleast it became evident early on rather than later and perhaps start to charge more for your first cleans as this will lesson the pain and start to weed out the messsers
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

James Styles

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 08:21:28 pm »
Thanks for the good advice gents. I think everything’s just been getting to me today, mainly where I live as I feel I can’t get good rest here and I really don’t like the neighbours, they are all such rude chavy scum who let their kids run around being loud damaging everything around here, they all got a chip on their shoulder, as soon as I can build up my round I’m out of here, I can’t bloody wait!
I know I have a long way to go but I will keep canvassing and try to build a good reliable round.

andyM

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 08:52:32 pm »
Thanks for the good advice gents. I think everything’s just been getting to me today, mainly where I live as I feel I can’t get good rest here and I really don’t like the neighbours, they are all such rude chavy scum who let their kids run around being loud damaging everything around here, they all got a chip on their shoulder, as soon as I can build up my round I’m out of here, I can’t bloody wait!
I know I have a long way to go but I will keep canvassing and try to build a good reliable round.

I reckon most if not all on here at least who have built a round up have had to wade through messers.
It's part of the "apprenticeship" unfortunately.
But from the situation you are in at the moment look for a way to find a positive outcome.
Use what you have learnt from the experience to your advantage in the future, and when you spot a potential customer that you reckon could be problematic then save yourself the hassle and give them a swerve.
And if you need a break in the evenings from your living situation then use the time to get away and go out for a couple of hours and canvass or drop leaflets.
One of the Plebs

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 09:04:17 pm »

If I could afford to just up and move I would, as for the customers I am canvassing every week there’s noway I can avoid potential messers I’m just having a bit of rant, feeling a bit fed up at the moment, needed to air some things.

We have all experienced this.  If you take it personally the only person who will get ulcers is you. They won't. This is why you charge more for a first clean, so if they just wanted a one off on the pretense of it being regular you haven't lost out too much.

When you are starting off its a case of canvass, clean and cull. You will eventually get a good establish round. But we have to continually refine our round as good customers can become messers for a variety of reasons.
Added to this some customers will lie as to why they have discontinued your window cleaning service to them. Its your fault, never theirs. I think I have only had 1 person in 15 years say sorry, I can't afford it, I'm skint.

We have a lot of large houses that have been converted to flats in our town. Often we get an 'actor' who is so happy to see us as they haven't seen a window cleaner working the area for months. Clean the windows, get payment and book the job with the next clean, only to find the customer was renting and wanted his windows cleaned for his end of tenancy.
The next tenant never wants a window cleaner so you are down a clean.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ooooooog

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 09:10:11 pm »
Never text customers unless you have to.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 09:25:31 pm »

No actually the opposite, it's the best most logical answer anyone could give him.

His problem is the area he is living and the customers he has.

The only way to fix a problem is do something about it.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 09:34:39 pm »

If you really can't afford to move then there's no point worrying about it so there's that problem solved.

As for customers messer's are part of the process, all you can do is get new ones and dump the old ones so you are doing fine.

Without struggle there is no growth mate, if it's ping you off and stressing you out then you are on the right path. Sick it up and keep moving forward, it's only a matter of time you will get there.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 10:44:55 pm »
A reasonable 1st clean price is key, then there is no loss if they cancel.

No real need to second guess messers. Just be honest from the start. If it’s a nightmare hoserun, dog mess, particular day etc, just tell them it’s not practical for you.  You have to realise some jobs just aren’t worth it. Only you know how much you’re prepared to put up with whilst building your round, but there is a limit else it becomes demoralising.

As for your housing, try and make it inspire & motivate you to grow  & improve/change  it.

Life always knocks you down, you gotta just keep getting back up.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 11:00:02 pm »
im surrounded by heroin addicts,alcoholics and cokeheads......it doesnt really bother me.....its not you who should move,its your attitude towards them that needs to change,obviously if i had kids kicking a ball against my wall id go out and tell them to go and play somewhere else,also try and have a chat with some of them or do them a good turn rather than moaning and slagging them off,you often find they are not as bad as you think,even the junkies and drinkers are often ok really,just a bit messed up...

i went to mexico for 10 days and left my 1 year old golf GTD unlocked!i didnt realise until i got back home....it was fine... ;D

as for the customer situation.....unfortunately you will have to weed out the messers,my advice would be to canvass further afield into more affluent areas,you can charge more and you normally get better customers,youll also enjoy working in these areas a lot more once you ve built up a round....

good luck....and keep banging those doors(esp in posher areas!) :)
price higher/work harder!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 11:20:55 pm »
Mate when canvassing and cleaning a lot of first cleans this is completely normal.

It's definitely harsh and rude for her to respond like that and also quite inconsiderate knowing that she arranged it with you. But if you think of it like this you'll go crazy. I wouldn't even bother asking her "may I ask why" in her eyes all she will see is a sign of weakness your annoyed upset that you cant take more money from her for something she only needs once every couple of years..

All she wanted was a one of clean that was it... the best thing to do as others have mentioned is be strict and just charge double on the first clean. After that have a chilled chat with her and see. now that's a way to really filter out messers  This is the reason why people quit window cleaning it's muggy when you're getting new regular work. But on the same spectrum there's customers that really want it one moment you get mugged off like that then you get one that's over the moon.
Try and focus on the positives don't let it get to you.
By the way if you're canvassing and only offering regular window cleaning literally everyone is going to say yes. They want that dirt off their windows for £10 £20.
 They know that you can't get them to sign anything. They know you're not going to be overly persistent about the regular talk because end of the day they haven't even seen it yet. And that's always there get out of jail free card.
Just double the price..

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 12:10:05 am »

No actually the opposite, it's the best most logical answer anyone could give him.

I think you're wrong on all three points.
He's doing something about it; have some compassion.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 12:13:40 am »
First off I’ll try explain as briefly as I can about my living situation, I live in a maisonette so have neighbours below me and to both sides.
The area is rough, the neighbours are druggies, rude, loud, the kids around here have absolutely zero respect, they’ve been playing outside blasting the football against the walls and on the roof, I bloody hate living here.
Then too top it off I send a few texts to customers about doing the windows tomorrow that I’ll be coming to do them and I’ve got two more messers.
One responded very rude saying “no you won’t, thanks” I replied with “can I ask why? Would you like to be removed from the round?” she just put “yeh remove me thanks” when I did them last month she seemed a rough big mouth type, she seems the cheap type, she obviously just wanted a one off and wasted my time giving me a contact number for every four weeks.
The other replied saying “I’ll have to rearrange I’ll let you know when’s best” so I replied saying “thank you for the reply, it will need to be this week to keep you in with the work in that area monthly” to which I’ve received no reply.
All this with kids blasting footballs against the wall and being loud is driving me crazy 🤬 absolutely no respect in this area.
Never mind all that.
How did you go on with Jade and the other one on Friday, Stylistic?  :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pete Thompson

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 01:26:52 am »
Texting customers to tell them you’re coming is asking for trouble imo, especially with new customers.  You just give them an opportunity to reconsider.

The only reason I would text or email a customer is if they needed to leave the gate unlocked, and even then it’s borderline.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 08:04:39 am »
Texting customers to tell them you’re coming is asking for trouble imo, especially with new customers.  You just give them an opportunity to reconsider.

The only reason I would text or email a customer is if they needed to leave the gate unlocked, and even then it’s borderline.

i disagree.......its not "asking for trouble" IMO.......if their gonna mess you about theyll do it regardless or whether you send them a text or not.......so if he didnt text he probably would of cleaned them and not got paid......which is even worse....

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 08:08:14 am »

not very helpful, was it?

James Styles

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 10:38:59 am »
Never mind all that.
How did you go on with Jade and the other one on Friday, Stylistic?  :D

Haha those ones went ok actually, I think they just seem like very chatty women who like a laugh, maybe misread them a bit  ;)

James Styles

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 10:44:39 am »

If I turned up to do the house she would of just said no, her attitude on the message was rude and if you met her I think you’d say she would have no hesitation in cancelling on the spot.
I thought messaging the day before to let them know you will be doing their windows the next day is the way most window cleaners work nowadays.
Surely just turning up you would still get messers who say “not today” then you have wasted fuel and time.

James Styles

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 10:49:01 am »

But if customers are going to mess about or cancel they will do it either way? If you turn up they can still say “can I leave it this time” or “I’ll call you when I want them done” and you have wasted time and money driving there.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 11:47:08 am »

not very helpful, was it?

How is it not helpful?

If your problem is poor customers than you need to get better customers surely.

So what do you suggest he should do if he isn't happy with his current customers or living situation?

Should he just accept it or do something about it?

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 11:50:41 am »

But if customers are going to mess about or cancel they will do it either way? If you turn up they can still say “can I leave it this time” or “I’ll call you when I want them done” and you have wasted time and money driving there.

I always message new customers before I'm coming because if they are going to cancel I want to know before not after.

I picked up 10 new ones last week, 2 have cancelled and 2 I refused to clean due to access.

It happens to everyone just your stage you feel it more.

Just keep doing what you are doing it's totally normal.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 12:14:17 pm »

I always message new customers before I'm coming because if they are going to cancel I want to know before not after.

I picked up 10 new ones last week, 2 have cancelled and 2 I refused to clean due to access.

It happens to everyone just your stage you feel it more.

Just keep doing what you are doing it's totally normal.

That’s right. It’s what Nathan does in the rain that isn’t! ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 12:33:31 pm »

Not particularly.

That’s part of the “good advice” but not all.

It would be like telling a young aspiring athlete.........”win gold at the Olympics”.

You need a lot of little goals in between.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 12:34:56 pm »
Yep. You're doing riggt to text the day before.  Much less hastle if thet text back to cancel compared with turning up at their house and either being turned away or a non payer as they will just say they were not aware of the clean.

Oh. And look at the bright side of your housing situation.  You now have good motivation to succeed in your business.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 01:35:18 pm »

If I turned up to do the house she would of just said no, her attitude on the message was rude and if you met her I think you’d say she would have no hesitation in cancelling on the spot.
I thought messaging the day before to let them know you will be doing their windows the next day is the way most window cleaners work nowadays.
Surely just turning up you would still get messers who say “not today” then you have wasted fuel and time.

People work in lots of different ways - we don’t text - customer given next clean date which works well for us in a rural area - city folk tend to text their customers - some just turn up - it’s doing what suits you and your customer base.

With experience you’ll get less messers, whether that’s because you become more confident in your abilities or you gain a sixth sense about people - it’s a pain in the early days but will get better - a first clean surcharge is (IMO) still the best way to stop messers

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 04:03:01 pm »
I've started advertising in a magazine which covers my areas, (but also an additional area, which i'm not familiar with).
I'm getting calls from this 'new area' but they've all been crap!  So it's not just you!
Mostly, I  can spot the problems, when I go and quote and I always charge more for a first clean, sometimes even just £10 more, just to see their reaction!

As for your living arrangements, you have to make the best of it. Try getting up early 5am (I bet no-one else is up and about), get a couple of hours of quiet time. My girlfriends house is on an ex council estate with terraced houses and flats etc. Big guys with dogs, big women with dogs...and tatoos etc etc. Over the years, i've got to talk to them and they're not so bad. Occasionally, I may clean the odd windows in the street if they ask, in exchange for a cuppa.  Everyone now says hello and smiles and i've never had a single problem with the van. In fact one of the guys from the flats knocked on my door when he saw kids messing about with my van. Just try and relax with it and be thankful you're not homeless.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

tlwcs

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2019, 04:52:48 pm »
James where you work you’ll need to text. Most will have locked gates and they need prior warning your coming.
They need to be managed though, i tell any new ones I will text to let them know I will be on their property, to leave any money out and to tidy any dog mess. I joke it’s not an opportunity to cancel me on that day.
If they do, they’re looking for someone else.
In my experience it works well
Can’t help on the home front ☹️
Tony

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2019, 10:01:16 pm »
One of the reasons I text is not only for access but because I find it saves me me a bit of time on the job.

If I've text them the night before they know I'm coming so I then up and crack on...no knocking on doors.

If I'm just turning up out of the blue and I think someone is in I feel obliged to knock the door to announce my presence.  Which can add up over the day if you get into too many convos.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2019, 01:30:07 am »
If I'm just turning up out of the blue and I think someone is in I feel obliged to knock the door to announce my presence.

I just don’t get it. Why?!

Just crack on and post a card when you’re done. If you see the customer just give them a friendly wave and carry on.

I’m pretty sure most customers are not sitting at home yearning to make pointless small talk with their window cleaner. You’re running a business, not a knitting circle.

It just amazes me the crazy stuff some window cleaners do that wastes time and the customer doesn’t care about.

Missing Link

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2019, 07:51:42 am »
I joke it’s not an opportunity to cancel me on that day.

That is very good.

It's rare I get someone who messes me about because I drop them as soon as they do.  But I've the luxury of having been going for a long time and I'm not short of work.

But I will nick that.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2019, 08:00:29 am »

Only for access.

I just say "Hi, we plan to clean you windows tomorrow morning.  Please you leave your gate unlocked.  Regards, WheyAyeBanzai."

Occasionally I'll get a reply saying they're away and that's fair enough, but if I turn up and the gate's not unlocked, I'll just drop 'em.

I do have the luxury of not having any small drive betweens; i.e. I've got blocks of small domestic, or larger stand-alone properties.

I avoid the poorer/rougher estates.  I won't even clean the soldier's married quarters (I'm an ex squaddie myself) after having a higher-than-usual amount of messing about there.  Unless it's a one-off because they're posted and need to leave the house clean.

I do do the officers married quarter estate; bigger houses, higher income, better customers. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 08:10:15 am »
One of the reasons I text is not only for access but because I find it saves me me a bit of time on the job.

If I've text them the night before they know I'm coming so I then up and crack on...no knocking on doors.

If I'm just turning up out of the blue and I think someone is in I feel obliged to knock the door to announce my presence.  Which can add up over the day if you get into too many convos.

ive never knocked on any of my customers doors to "announce my presence" in 26 years of window cleaning.........i just turn up and crack on.....

nathankaye

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2019, 08:17:17 am »
and I get accused of all sorts,,,,,,,,,  ;D but feeling obliged to knock on the door to announce your presence 😂😂.   Absolutely no need to do so.  However, when I was on trad tools, I did make sure I banged the ladders on the house before I cleaned the bathroom windows 😁.      The amount of times I've seen a pink flash as they leg it out the bathroom as my head appears  ;D

Customers,,,,,, some times it can't be helped as I have had ones who mess me about in the nicer areas where I work. It happens to us all!   However, it might help to target nicer areas. I know if I get an online enquiry, I will jump on Google maps if I'm not familiar with the area. If I don't like the look of it, then I let the person know that I do not cover that area. It saves a whole lot of messing about
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2019, 09:56:28 am »

ive never knocked on any of my customers doors to "announce my presence" in 26 years of window cleaning.........i just turn up and crack on.....
No, I expect a red carpet for my presence these days.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

robbo333

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2019, 10:23:54 am »
I text all mine the night before (even the ones I have access to); it's all part of my quality service  ;D
In reality, texting helps me 'weed out' the messers.
I don't want messers, i've got no time for them, they don't deserve my service and they won't help me build my business.
The quicker I get rid of messers, the quicker I can replace them with (hopefully) someone good.
I only want good, reliable customers who want their windows cleaned every 8 weeks.

As for knocking doors ("hello, just wanted to let you know i'm here"), I will do if I want to know if the custy is in or not!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

nathankaye

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 01:46:29 pm »
Also with customers, don't be afraid to ask or be direct as well. If I feel its a one off clean, I will set them up to find out, whilst I'm talking to them. Then when it comes to pricing I will ask them if they are wanting a regular 4wkly/8wkly service or is it a one off clean.  Most will tell you if it's a one off, or at least I have found that to be the case. Then you can decide to price accordingly or thank them for the enquiry.

I went to price up this house (below) in quite a nice area which I'm expanding into. However it seems relatively clean and so I wondered why they want me to quote n clean. Is the previous cleaner on holiday and so it's a one off or has the cleaner dumped them for whatever reason.
So I asked.  It used to be a husband n wife team on trad tools but the hubby has a new job and she won't do ladders and only keeping the bungalows on the round. 👋.     I have the job at £30 a clean, 4 wkly and I spent an hour putting leaflets out  ;D

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 02:14:05 pm »
not a bad price for front only

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 03:14:38 pm »
I know right  ;D
Price with confidence
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 03:57:47 pm »
Also with customers, don't be afraid to ask or be direct as well. If I feel its a one off clean, I will set them up to find out, whilst I'm talking to them. Then when it comes to pricing I will ask them if they are wanting a regular 4wkly/8wkly service or is it a one off clean.  Most will tell you if it's a one off, or at least I have found that to be the case. Then you can decide to price accordingly or thank them for the enquiry.

I went to price up this house (below) in quite a nice area which I'm expanding into. However it seems relatively clean and so I wondered why they want me to quote n clean. Is the previous cleaner on holiday and so it's a one off or has the cleaner dumped them for whatever reason.
So I asked.  It used to be a husband n wife team on trad tools but the hubby has a new job and she won't do ladders and only keeping the bungalows on the round. 👋.     I have the job at £30 a clean, 4 wkly and I spent an hour putting leaflets out  ;D

i have quite a few like that at the same price nathan,i easily knock out 2 an hour,mine are 8 weekly though,you ll probably  find theyll go 8 weekly when they realise how quickly 4 weeks comes around at £30 a pop......

at this rate you ll be able to replace your van soon  with a newer model and get some proper sign writing on it..... :)

robbo333

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 05:25:12 pm »
I had an interesting new enquiry the other day, so I went to quote.
Snotty woman, fairly posh house,  (I took an instant dislike to her...saves time!).

When I asked about her previous window cleaner she said quite bluntly "I don't wish to discuss my previous window cleaner!"
I thought oooooooohhhhh, I bet he's buried under the patio!

When I gently mentioned side gates being unlocked, she skirted around the issue by saying she was "nearly always home"!
When I politely mentioned that I only clean for customers who are happy to leave their side gates unlocked, she said
"I don't even know you, we've only just met!"

... Needless to say, I left so quickly
...I left skid marks!

More annoyingly, some people can't believe that you've turned their precious job down (albeit politely) and they continue to follow you to the van, trying to talk you into it. I think I had to scrape this one off the bonnet, half way down the street!

Smudger

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2019, 06:22:54 pm »
here you go NK - my new clean for tomorrow - inside and out  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 06:16:58 pm »
All done  ;D

Thank god it wasn't windy!