Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: Do you get on with local window cleaners/competition
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 11:42:17 pm »
when we go back to the uk and work with the son we always see the other to where we flash the light and flip them the bird , or hang out the window and shout get off my patch they hate it  ;D

we even keep sore now . best bit is we have been flip the bird up at this chap for over 4 years and now he does it back with a grin  on his face at last somebody that likes a joke

Phil J

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 06:19:58 am »
I'd find out where he lives and torch his van.

Spruce

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 09:32:17 am »
I got the impression he was looking at me like an amateur as I work from my car, or he seen it as his territory 🤪
when he drove past he just kept looking but never said a word lol.
Maybe I should of waved haha.

If I ever see new window cleaners about when I’m established I’d just be polite, no need for people to be so angry and territorial.

Are you sure it wasn't just your perception of the situation? Maybe he was watching wandering why you never said hi?

Why would I say hi when he was just staring without saying a word lol I’m not sure he even knew I noticed him staring, he might of just been watching how I work I dunno  ???guess I’m paranoid haha

I usually lift my hand in a motionless wave for a second and then turn my hand into a thumbs up.

There is a trad windie in our area who ignores everyone but he was forced to respond when we ended up cleaning the same block of flats who he has one customer in. He turned out to be a very shy guy and was pleasant to talk to. But he still won't talk unless he has to.

It could just be his personality or he could be nervous about talking as he has canvassed ground floor flats and easy to reach first floor flats at a cheap rate. That leaves us wfpers a problem because the downstairs neighbours get 'excited' when we arrive to clean higher up. He doesn't know it but I've got rid of 90% of those customers because I can't be bothered with the neighbour drama.

But you never know James, maybe he was watching you hoping to learn from your technique. If I see a fellow windie working, I will usually discretely stop and watch. There is always something new to learn, even if its not how not to clean a window. I watched a fellow window zip through a clean once. I reasoned that he didn't do a good job as he didn't spend long enough cleaning . When he was gone and I had finished my cleans, I checked the windows he had cleaned and they were perfect. So I learned that I'm 'over' cleaning. (In 15 years of wfp I still tend to over clean.)

We past some of our work onto a new window cleaning husband a wife team about 3 years ago. First time out with the pole she struggled to lift it - an SLX18 with a cill brush on the end. This was also commented on by a couple of our remaining customers a short time later. Fast forward to recently. I have another van and we pulled up to clean the one house we have in the cul de sac and they were working our 'old' customers in the street the cul de sac joins. She was cleaning the front of the house and I sat in the van and watched. Boy, did she do a good job, very professional. I was well pleased as they are working that section of the round for us.

I saw them a few days later and commented to her how well she cleaned that house and how professional she was. She told me she saw the van pull into the cul de sac and was conscious of someone watching her, but she didn't know it was me.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

TomCrowther

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 07:58:16 am »
Wait until you take one of "his" customers. How dare you ??

windowswashed

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 07:57:24 pm »
Better to get on with other windies, win, win all round