This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: How did we ever get by,,,,,,,, without.......
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2019, 10:42:32 am »
IME, hot water is great if you are doing first cleans or removing a lot of stuck on bird's muck and spider/bee poo. It also obviously gives what for me is the greatest benefit - some frost protection and supple hoses.

But the spend of £100 or less fitting an immersion gives me enough of those benefits not to spend £1000's on gas or diesel hot.

It's a game of three halves!

Dry Clean

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2019, 10:56:35 am »
With the exception of poor old concrete melting Nathan you have to love how the guys who spend pennies on hot tend to be more realistic on the effects, as for the supple hoses, my hoses where never that rigid (especially in the summer months) until I used them with hot, so basically you're having to use hot all year round to counteract the damage it has done to your hose.

Shrek

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2019, 11:19:47 am »
With the exception of poor old concrete melting Nathan you have to love how the guys who spend pennies on hot tend to be more realistic on the effects, as for the supple hoses, my hoses where never that rigid (especially in the summer months) until I used them with hot, so basically you're having to use hot all year round to counteract the damage it has done to your hose.

Good point - why do hot users need supple hoses all year round  ???
Is it really that difficult to wind in a hose filled with cold water on an electric hose reel or to pull the hose out , think I’m missing something here ....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2019, 11:47:50 am »
It's more to do with not having them kink up too easily. (Supple hoses)

But you only need about 20 degrees in tank the winter to get that effect. And the frost protection is nice which means on marginal days (starting at zero or minus1) you can work from an earlier start.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2019, 11:53:49 am »
Law of diminishing returns

An immersion does 90% of what a diesel heater does at a fraction of the cost.

Splash & dash

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2019, 01:01:49 pm »
And people wonder why this forum is dying !,,,

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 01:06:48 pm »
Water viscosity - don't give me that bollocks.

We're pumping water water through hose-pipes, not trying to ensure fat gits veins are kept free of cholesterol.

when i was cold water only i used to have to turn my pump up to near max to get a decent flow at the jets during the cold winter months,with hot water i dont have to,its gushing out on 45 on my controller.....

When I’m able to see the difference in water viscosity I’ll believe you Daz, like you can with honey. Until that point I cant say I’ve ever seen water behave as if its gloopy or thickened, especially because of the temperature.

Youre doing your regular thing chap, trying to justify your life’s decisions to others so you can convince yourself.

your getting really grumpy lately matt.....is your missus not "putting out" anymore? ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2019, 01:12:28 pm »

im with you on this one sean.....hot water does destroy microbore for some reason......i used cold water for a day the other month(until i replaced a fuse on my system)and the hose was like wire(and it was a warm day!)...... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2019, 01:31:26 pm »
IME, hot water is great if you are doing first cleans or removing a lot of stuck on bird's muck and spider/bee poo. It also obviously gives what for me is the greatest benefit - some frost protection and supple hoses.

But the spend of £100 or less fitting an immersion gives me enough of those benefits not to spend £1000's on gas or diesel hot.

you cant compare an immersion with a hot water diesel heater for cleaning power in the warmer months.your water doesnt get hot enough to make a real difference.....ok for frost prevention in the colder months though....

like ive said the real benefit of a hot water system is in the warmer months,this is when most of the bird muck,snail trails,sticky pollen,yellow spots are more prevalent on the windows esp if you have a lot of rural/leafy suburb properties near farmers fields(i have a lot!)some of my 8 weekly jobs are like first cleans every time i go to clean them,if your water is 50-60c at brush head it makes these jobs easier to clean as well as the obvious first cleans/add on jobs.....and your more likely to do a quality job first time......ive picked up more stand alone rural accounts over the last few years on longer frequencies and these can be pretty bad esp if we ve had spells of windy weather( in the 8-12 weeks between cleans)......

High-Tower

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2019, 02:00:58 pm »
you cant compare an immersion with a hot water diesel heater for cleaning power in the warmer months.your water doesnt get hot enough to make a real difference.....ok for frost prevention in the colder months though....

Why not? 50 degrees is the same however you have heated it up.
for less than half the price you could get a custom insulated tank fitted with an immersion and wiring to run a 3kw. pennies to run in comparison, and far more reliable.

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2019, 02:18:54 pm »

Why not? 50 degrees is the same however you have heated it up.
for less than half the price you could get a custom insulated tank fitted with an immersion and wiring to run a 3kw. pennies to run in comparison, and far more reliable.

i agree....but do you know anyone apart from nathan that can heat their water up to 50c with an immersion?you d have to leave it plugged in for 2 days to get that temperature at brush end! ;D.......

Smudger

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2019, 03:55:01 pm »
Six hours Daz  :P

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2019, 05:02:19 pm »
If your not a tight fisted Yorkshire man, then anyone with an immersion can get good temperature in their tank. Especially ones who plan ahead 😁😏

Then get yourself on a good tarrif with your electricity supplier.

I don't know why this is so hard for people
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Ooooooog

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2019, 05:45:54 pm »
It doesnt, it contracts.

Nah, expands innit. Hence expansion tank?
I’m prepared to be wrong though.............

H MAN

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2019, 11:36:44 pm »
Lovin the appreciation guys

Erm which vid was the 35 houses on Sean?
Haha I ain't got time to watch em n find out, but your the video n forum police around here. I'm sure you can bring it to my attention.

Darren, really! I expected more from you...... What a disappointment  ;D

Big Kahuna,  the tap doesn't leak mate, that's why it's on the hip and not dragging on the floor or looped on the pole.
Haha the univalve,,,,,, please! Yep it's great for on/off. I actually use one on the spare pole, but you still have to carry the pole hose or sling it as your walking. That's more faff than just walking and dropping your arm for a couple os seconds to turn on or off. Mine are long levers, so it's a doddle
.  Easier than tugging on a pole hose put it that way.

KS cleaning, thank you for joining the debate. If it's a trial to see, how long would you give it?  1hr,  a morning,  a day, a week or longer?  Several weeks was a fair trial I thought and aren't you guys all about being fair?

Thank you, this was also my point when put this video up
And then got bagged out.
EASIEST FASTEST WATER SWITCH FOR WFPs
https://youtu.be/qoZU_KsGEpE
WATER BALL VALVE WFP SWITCH ATTACHMENT FOR BELT
https://youtu.be/eJi4y3Dgxn8
Also used it to inject chemicals to water fed brush for dirty windows.
CLOSE UP HOW CHEMICAL IS INJECTED TO WATER FED BRUSH
https://youtu.be/vFzPpZp8Hdo

G Griffin

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2019, 12:48:19 am »
Law of diminishing returns

An immersion does 90% of what a diesel heater does at a fraction of the cost.
It's not the law of diminishing returns.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2019, 12:49:53 am »
And people wonder why this forum is dying !,,,
It's not. It's just pining for the fjords 🐦.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2019, 10:15:12 am »
How much does it cost to heat 350L to about 40c for someone on a run of the mill tariff ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

High-Tower

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2019, 03:24:38 pm »
How much does it cost to heat 350L to about 40c for someone on a run of the mill tariff ?

To raise the temperature of 350l by 40c would take a 3kw immersion about 6 hrs.
15p/kwh is the average cost apparently. So 3kw x 15p/kWh x 6hrs = £2.70.

P @ F

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2019, 03:37:08 pm »
Thanks for that High tower , so I would be worse off with an immersion as it goes !
My diesel only costs £2.50 a day to run and I get an average of 50c all day long !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !