This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

How did we ever get by,,,,,,,, without.......
« on: June 13, 2019, 09:25:07 pm »
Advancement is great, I'm sure we all agree on that point.  Take for instance smart phones, we can organise our work, do emails, use this forum and even use them as a phone 😂
Sometimes we may wonder how we ever got by with just the red pay phones scattered around towns n villages 😂😂

Why the waffle?

Hot water debate!    So I wondered if all you cold water lovers we're right!  Accusing the hot water users of trumping it up and the placebo effect. So several weeks ago my thermostat broke on the immersion, so I thought I would go back to cold for atleast a month and see.
Absolutely hate it!  Yes it cleans and cleans well, but the hose is cold and stiff, which allows for kinking to happen way to easy.  Yes stubborn bird muck will come off! But,,,, you have to soak it and return or set about getting a scraper or brass wool out etc.
Frames take longer and more scrubbing and the list goes on and on.
I'm not going back to cold water that's for sure!

I do wonder how I used to get by without it / or work easier without hot water before!  The answer is simple!  I didn't know how much better it can be with Hot until I fully tried it!

(let the debate n haters begin 😂)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

Re: How did we ever get by,,,,,,,, without.......
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:57:22 pm »
You need to get a life  ;D

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:23:20 pm »
Nathan, is wc more of an obssession /  hobby for you ?  By your own admission cold water cleans and cleans well. That's good enough for me. Warm supple hoses and less scrubbing on some bird poop is not going to earn me any more money vs the expenditure for its luxury.  There are some great advancements, the univalve being one of them. But don't you still like to  attach yourself to hose pipe and faff about with a metal tap  that leaks and makes you look like you've wet yourself ?

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 10:52:15 pm »
The guy actually made a video using cold water showing how easy it was to do 35 detached properties with conservatories a day because in his own  words theres nothing on the glass that's hard to remove, the next day he was making a video on installing hot because in his own words again cold wasn't good or quick enough to remove all the crud that ends up on the glass.
When it comes to Nathan its better to just smile and nod.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:52:43 pm »
Advancement is great, I'm sure we all agree on that point.  Take for instance smart phones, we can organise our work, do emails, use this forum and even use them as a phone 😂
Sometimes we may wonder how we ever got by with just red pay phones scattered arou d towns n villages 😂😂

Why the waffle?
Hot water debate!    So I wondered if all you cold water livers we're right!  Accusing the hot water users of trumping it up and the placebo effect. So several weeks ago my thermostat broke on the immersion, so I thought I would go back to cold for atleast a month and see.
Absolutely hate it!  Yes it cleans and cleans well, but the hose is cold and stiff, which allows for kinking to happen way to easy.  Yes stubborn bird muck will come off! But,,,, you have to soak it and return or set about getting a scraper or brass wool out etc.

I do wonder how I used to get by without it / or work easier without hot water before!  The answer is simple!  I didn't know how much better it can be with Hot until I fully tried it!

YAWN!
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 11:35:12 pm »
Sometimes we may wonder how we ever got by with just red pay phones scattered arou d towns n villages 😂😂

Why the waffle?
Hot water debate!    So I wondered if all you cold water livers we're right!  Accusing the hot water users of trumping it up and the placebo effect. So several weeks ago my thermostat broke on the immersion, so I thought I would go back to cold for atleast a month and see.

So you hate using cold water so much that you’ve waited several weeks to replace a broken thermostat? .....mmmmmmm

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 11:45:32 pm »
Lovin the appreciation guys
👍👍

Erm which vid was the 35 houses on Sean?
Haha I ain't got time to watch em n find out, but your the video n forum police around here. I'm sure you can bring it to my attention.

Darren, really! I expected more from you...... What a disappointment  ;D

Big Kahuna,  the tap doesn't leak mate, that's why it's on the hip and not dragging on the floor or looped on the pole.
Haha the univalve,,,,,, please! Yep it's great for on/off. I actually use one on the spare pole, but you still have to carry the pole hose or sling it as your walking. That's more faff than just walking and dropping your arm for a couple os seconds to turn on or off. Mine are long levers, so it's a doddle.  Easier than tugging on a pole hose put it that way.

KS cleaning, thank you for joining the debate. If it's a trial to see, how long would you give it?  1hr,  a morning,  a day, a week or longer?  Several weeks was a fair trial I thought and aren't you guys all about being fair? 

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:18 pm »
Lovin the appreciation guys
👍👍

Erm which vid was the 35 houses on Sean?
Haha I ain't got time to watch em n find out, but your the video n forum police around here. I'm sure you can bring it to my attention.

Darren, really! I expected more from you...... What a disappointment  ;D

Big Kahuna,  the tap doesn't leak mate, that's why it's on the hip and not dragging on the floor or looped on the pole.
Haha the univalve,,,,,, please! Yep it's great for on/off. I actually use one on the spare pole, but you still have to carry the pole hose or sling it as your walking. That's more faff than just walking and dropping your arm for a couple os seconds to turn on or off. Mine are long levers, so it's a doddle.  Easier than tugging on a pole hose put it that way.

KS cleaning, thank you for joining the debate. If it's a trial to see, how long would you give it?  1hr,  a morning,  a day, a week or longer?  Several weeks was a fair trial I thought and aren't you guys all about being fair?
Several weeks to trial something that you had previously used for several years🤥..........Na, poor excuse, you’ll have to come up with something better than that😉

James Styles

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 12:04:11 am »

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 12:08:08 am »
Can you guys, stop with the needless quoting. Take it that people are reading the last several posts at least and will be able to figure out what your response is for.

Ks cleaning,,,,,,, (see its easy, you posted and so u know what you wrote unless you have a memory of a ten Yr old,,,,,,,,, see how I didn't need to "quote" it.
The fact I've been on hot water for over a year,  non stop can make you disillusional as ones have accused before. Therefore, a fair trial was needed.
😂😂 Or are you insinuating that I do actually prefer cold water over hot and that's why it went on for Sooo long?   Hhhhmmmm I did not consider that, perhaps I did....... Now you've got me confused
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 01:09:31 am »
I like them red phone boxes.
I found some of your business cards in there, Nate. About what you do in the rain?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 01:17:18 am »
I like them red phone boxes.
I found some of your business cards in there, Nate. About what you do in the rain?

Ahhh I wondered who the heavy breather was
😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 06:13:05 am »
If Nathan has a set up that works for him then I like to hear about it as I might learn something. A little less of a combative first post might have been more forum-friendly but then I like to think I have a thick skin and I take it as a bit of humour/banter, which nathan seems to be able to take as well as give so here is my response.

For me the warm water from only about 25 degrees of an immersion does help with kinky hoses and lessens the amount of time to go back and unkink them. And I always use it in November through March for this reason.  I have about 30 metres of pole hose on my reel as well which is easier to carry and flick about than microbore. (No need for an electric reel - for me - with this set up too.)

I find a tap on a belt - with a home made hook for my pole hose to lessen muck up the pole works for me as I don't use a flow controller and can also use it to alter the flow from time to time.

It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 06:54:34 am »
Can you guys, stop with the needless quoting. Take it that people are reading the last several posts at least and will be able to figure out what your response is for.

Ks cleaning,,,,,,, (see its easy, you posted and so u know what you wrote unless you have a memory of a ten Yr old,,,,,,,,, see how I didn't need to "quote" it.
The fact I've been on hot water for over a year,  non stop can make you disillusional as ones have accused before. Therefore, a fair trial was needed.
😂😂 Or are you insinuating that I do actually prefer cold water over hot and that's why it went on for Sooo long?   Hhhhmmmm I did not consider that, perhaps I did....... Now you've got me confused
Sorry, I just couldn't resist  :D
Have you ever considered becoming a mod ? ...... Oh wait

Slacky

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 09:45:04 am »
Can you guys, stop with the needless quoting.

Who's quoting?

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 10:35:49 am »
KS did on this thread, but maybe I should start athread on the subject because its a constant irritation on every thread, where the person who responses, virtually straight after the post they are responding to, will "quote" the post first and then the person after will do so.  There can be pages, consisting of endless quotes being duplicated needlessly (especially when using your phone for the internet)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 10:39:04 am »
Big Kahuna,  ecoming a Mod,   that would be interesting! But nah, I have enough on telling my actual kids to behave, never mind full on grown men child's on here to play fair ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 11:29:48 am »
How hot you heating the water to get hot at the pole?
Can't be too hot that would affect the tank.
Pumping it through 100m of hose, especially in Winter on cold ground, it can't be that hot.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 11:35:28 am »

I've not checked the temp for a long time now.
In a morning, I would drop the end of my hose into the tank and turn on the flow. So whilst I'm driving to the first job, I have pre warmed the hose and drained the hose of trapped cold water left in the hose over night.
Then I find with a high flow rate I'm not loosing much heat transfer to the hose or cooling due to the cold pavements ect. However if i dropthe flow below 70 then I do notice a considerable drop in temp. But that's my findings.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 01:21:10 pm »
How hot you heating the water to get hot at the pole?
Can't be too hot that would affect the tank.
Pumping it through 100m of hose, especially in Winter on cold ground, it can't be that hot.

in summer on a warm day mine can get to 60-65c at brush head even with all 100m out!this is great for cleaning,the real benefit to hot water cleaning is in the spring/summer months,the sticky pollen,birdmuck,little yellow spots,snail trails etc just melt off with very little scrubbing......its also great for first cleans,add ons etc.....

in the winter(on the same full heat setting)on a cold day(freezing ground)itll be 25-30c at brush head with all 100m out on the ground,which is fine or id be cracking panes left,right and centre if it was 60c+ at brush head.....

in the winter its great for supple hoses and keeping hands warm,its nicer to work with,also no chance of water freezing in the hoses and the water viscosity is similar to working in the warmer months so flow to the jets is still strong......
price higher/work harder!