Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

reflection

Go cardless
« on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:25 pm »
Hi I am considering changing over to go cardless or at least slowly changing over my scattery and out of town work to see how it pans out.
I still don’t know everything about it so any pointers would be great.
Do you all use it with cleaner planner or what way do you use it.
I literally am only just trying to read up on this now so any help or pointers would be really appreciated.
I currently just do cash, cheque, PayPal, card payments, or bacs and collect every night am I dreaming that with gocardless all these options could go away and just have the one option.
Do you get all your payments in each clean or do you still get customers that mess about

Richard iSparkle

Re: Go cardless
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 06:03:55 am »
getting customers to pay by direct debit is brilliant.

i swtched all my customers over about 5 years ago now and it was one of my bst decisions. its a big job switching everyone over, but once you have commited to the decision the benefits are really big.

what i would recommend is insisting everyne of your domestic customers pays by DD (we accept bacs or cheque off commerical invocied customers). you have to do a staged transition. first is easy, just get setup and only accept new domestic customers if they pay by DD. dont accept anyone telling you they prefer to pay by cheque, cash, standing order, whatever...

second you start changing your current customers over. we sent out letters asking them to change, then followed them up with another letter reminding them, and another... then i started calling and door knocking the rest. i reckon about 30% will do it right away, 30% take hounding, 30% take door knocking, and the last 10% will only switch if you force them! in the end i closed my bank account and opened a new one so that people's standing orders no longer worked and they couldnt bacs money over either!!!

i have literally 4 domestic customers who still pay us by cheque now and the rest DD.

im just doing a price rise this month, and all i have to do is post all my cusomters a letter telling them their price is going up but they dont need to do anything.. My DD provider will put up all my customers prices to their new price overnight on an agreed date.

so simple.

good luck :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

reflection

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:07:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply I think I’m going to take the plunge and go for it.
Just going to pick a new laptop tonight to go along with it.

Do you use cleaner planner with it also?
If you do does it explain how to do everything?

Would you be willing to send me a sample of the letter you give to new or excising customers for an idea what to put on my own.

brianbarber

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 09:39:44 pm »
You won’t need a lap top

iPad is perfect

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

reflection

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 09:51:41 pm »
And do you just use your iPhone as your portable device out at work

brianbarber

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 11:42:43 pm »
Works on iPhone
Prefer doing at home, but if you integrate to CP you may find phone is ok for you.

Brian
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

CraigDowney

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 08:39:43 pm »
I use aworka, and that links in with gocardless as well. It's great and would recommend it 100% I also think its easier to keep your customers, the payment go out automatically so they kind if forget about you. And people cant be bothered with fuss, so even if a new cleaner pops up, the cant be bothered switching and messing with direct debits etc.
Today is the good old days of the future... Enjoy today tomorrow can only be worse