Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Carbon pole salvage.......!
« on: June 22, 2019, 03:46:10 pm »

Managed to cobble together 2 poles out of this lot...... ;D

1 xtreme 25ft(mixture of v2 and v3 versions)section 3 I had to saw around 5in off the end of the section but its still useable.. :D

1 SLX 25(originally an slx22 with a base section added)which actually makes it a bit shorter(around a 24 and a half pole now!)

Sections left over.....

2x extreme base sections 5 and 4(good condition)
1x SLX base sections 5 and 4(good condition)
1x extreme v2 section 1(good condition)

I also have my current SLX/xtreme hybrid main pole which consists of sections 1,2,3(SLX)4,5(XTREME).......

I might actually take the top 3 sections out of the SLX 25 and fit them into the spare xtreme base sections 5 and 4 which will give me another pole like I'm already using at the moment......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Re: Carbon pole salvage.......!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 04:04:44 pm »
I also renewed my transfer hose(after 9 years),changed a few connectors and had a general tidy up,flushed out my main pole and gave it  coat of PTFE spray......all sorted now for monday..... :)

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 06:17:24 pm »
Nice one pal, set of phantom clamps on them and it be like the best pole you ever used!!

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:47:08 pm »
Nice one pal, set of phantom clamps on them and it be like the best pole you ever used!!

So do you really rate the clamps then pal?I dont think I could be arsed to replace them with phantom clamps though....

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 11:38:46 pm »
Honestly pal I’ve always been a gardiner fan and still am but I decided to just buy a set to try for £70 and thought if they’re crap it doesn’t matter as I’m gonna buy a new pole soon anyway as my xtreme was spinning but after cutting the smart clamps off and bolting the phantom clamps on its felt like a new pole, no spinning and the clamps feel like they’re too loose to clamp but they do!!
I’m stuck now as I want another xtreme but not keen on cutting a brand new pole to put the other clamps on😂
I hope Alex G has inspected them himself and working on a gardiner version😁

jonboywalton75

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 01:11:03 pm »
Nice to see that pic of your pole museum Daz😋