This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Biggs

Re: F T A O . Granville or any other merlin users
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2021, 11:00:16 am »
That’s great . Cleared that up for me . Thanks Darren , and old guy ,

Steven Biggs

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2021, 01:00:35 pm »
Anyone recommend a booster pump for a Merlin . Will it make a difference 280 going in 16 coming out . But I assume that will go up in a bout 3 months . Just like Granville’s z

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 03:07:51 pm »
Anyone recommend a booster pump for a Merlin . Will it make a difference 280 going in 16 coming out . But I assume that will go up in a bout 3 months . Just like Granville’s z
What's the pressure?
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 03:50:48 pm »
Spruce - if you boosted that you would get down to 003

Darran

Hi Darran, I'm already getting 3ppm without a booster. I can't see much of an improvement with boosted water pressure - 2ppm maybe. Hardly worth the extra effort and cost imho.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2021, 04:11:07 pm »

Darran

Hi Darran, I'm already getting 3ppm without a booster. I can't see much of an improvement with boosted water pressure - 2ppm maybe. Hardly worth the extra effort and cost imho.

Just for clarity. You're talking 4040, yes?

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2021, 07:20:09 pm »

Darran

Just for clarity. You're talking 4040, yes?

Yes. The reason I started talking about my 4040 is that with the r/o running at its sweet spot the membrane has lasted well.  Steven Biggs was concerned that restricting the waste a little more would reduce the longevity of his PRF membranes. While I have no experience with a PRF r/o  I have to believe that making this mod won't have a detrimental result with regard to his membrane's longevity.

I also pointed out that having a higher waste to pure ratio means that his r/o is consuming more water. This means his carbon block's service life will be shorter even although he is producing the same amount of water.  I believe the carbon block is good for 38k of water. It doesn't take long to go through 38k of tap water.

I also agree with you that have a set of prefilters before the PRF makes good sense.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2021, 09:59:19 pm »
What's the pressure?
pressure is only 30

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2021, 10:39:43 pm »
sorry - mis read the post

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Steven Biggs

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2021, 08:28:34 am »
Where is the best , cheaoest place to get the carbon filters . I assume they are all the same , or do some suppliers sell inferior ones . Don’t want bro end up with rubbish . I would rather buy a few at a time .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2021, 08:54:53 am »
Where is the best , cheaoest place to get the carbon filters . I assume they are all the same , or do some suppliers sell inferior ones . Don’t want bro end up with rubbish . I would rather buy a few at a time .

The carbon filters are unique to the Merlin/PRO I think.

I have looked around the net in the past and got ten at £15 plus vat each. But last time I found that £20 plus vat was the starting point with maybe a 5% discount for a £100 order.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2021, 05:45:36 pm »
Cheers old timer . Looks like that price is the going rate .