UK General Cleaning Forum > General Cleaning Forum

Petrol powered gutter/powerwashing vac

<< < (2/6) > >>

Smudger:
cool - look forward to seeing it in action

Darran

Mike Halliday:
And on really long runs I can just wheel it around the job and put it next to the gutter poles with a couple 5ft section of suction hose it doesn’t need such lengths of hose as shown in the video

Kev Martin:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on June 10, 2019, 07:46:36 am ---Kev I compared it to this machine which is my normal gutter vac and is   3.3kw  which is over the limit of a 13amp plug.

I’m guessing your other question are rhetorical as you probably know I don’t have the instrument to measure the actual vacuum so have to go figures on the  manufactures  website of the PDB , & the power output of a 13hp engine compared to a domestic household supply. There probably  is a little leaway in the suggested power

--- End quote ---

Actually it was a genuine question because lately we have been doing a lot of work on vacuums and pre sep filters and ultimately the lift per CBM they produce.  We have been comparing both electric and propane.  When you said it was 4 times the power of the largest electric vacuum, you had me worried as the vac to me below is a large electric vacuum and by no means the biggest.  Now I realise you were only comparing it to your gutter vacuum ;D

Mike Halliday:
  3 phase & engine driven :P ::)roll

we need to use a bit of common sense really,  obviously I did’nt refer to 3 phase or bigger  as these are not used in domestic situations  if you have a bigger 240v vacuum than that the one I pictured I would be interested in seeing it

Kev Martin:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on June 10, 2019, 04:04:33 pm ---  3 phase & engine driven :P ::)roll

we need to use a bit of common sense really,  obviously I did’nt refer to 3 phase or bigger  as these are not used in domestic situations  if you have a bigger 240v vacuum than that the one I pictured I would be interested in seeing it

--- End quote ---
No I was being much fairer and using common sense by comparing Propane Vs Electric!  You can only compare eggs with eggs a Petrol or Propane has to be compared against 3 Phase electric.  However we do have the following vacs which are brilliant if you only want 240 Volt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version