UK General Cleaning Forum > General Cleaning Forum

Petrol powered gutter/powerwashing vac

(1/6) > >>

Mike Halliday:
Had a spare couple of hours free yesterday so decided to build something i’ve Had my mind on for a while,  a petrol vacuum system that I could use for gutter  cleaning or attaching to the FSC and vaccing as I powerwash, (I still need to buy a FSC  with a vacuum port but at well over a grand i’m Looking for a second hand one)

I’ve got to say it worked out really well, the length of the vacuum hose is adjustable so I could leave the machine in the van and just move the dirt container (which is on frame with wheels so I can easily move it about)

It has about 4 times the power of the biggest 3 motor electric vacuum

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJjAizanlg

Kev Martin:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on June 10, 2019, 06:01:31 am ---Had a spare couple of hours free yesterday so decided to build something i’ve Had my mind on for a while,  a petrol vacuum system that I could use for gutter  cleaning or attaching to the FSC and vaccing as I powerwash, (I still need to buy a FSC  with a vacuum port but at well over a grand i’m Looking for a second hand one)

I’ve got to say it worked out really well, the length of the vacuum hose is adjustable so I could leave the machine in the van and just move the dirt container (which is on frame with wheels so I can easily move it about)

It has about 4 times the power of the biggest 3 motor electric vacuum

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJjAizanlg

--- End quote ---

Wow!  How did you measure that?  What were the actual results?  Do you have the figures? Which 3 Motor vacuum did you compare it against?

Mike Halliday:
Kev I compared it to this machine which is my normal gutter vac and is   3.3kw  which is over the limit of a 13amp plug.

I’m guessing your other question are rhetorical as you probably know I don’t have the instrument to measure the actual vacuum so have to go figures on the  manufactures  website of the PDB , & the power output of a 13hp engine compared to a domestic household supply. There probably  is a little leaway in the suggested power

Smudger:
interesting machine there mike but surely with all that hose your losing/wasting much of the suction ?

Darran

Mike Halliday:
Thats the beauty of positive displacement blowers they are not like electric motors they keeps pulling, they will handle 300ft of hose with no real loss of suction, without a vac relief they will calapse the tank or stall the engine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version